Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

just installed my pacesetter lt's and ory but now I've got problems

This is a discussion on just installed my pacesetter lt's and ory but now I've got problems within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by romulo13 If you left the batter connected while messing with the 02 wires, you may have touched ...

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by romulo13 View Post
    If you left the batter connected while messing with the 02 wires, you may have touched some metal and popped the fuse for the 02 sensors. This fuse is connected to the reverse lockout mechanism of the t56 transmission. If that fuse is blown, you can't get into reverse. I think the name of the fuse is Engine Sensors or something, it is a 10A. It is in the fuse box closest to the front bumper.
    shit shit SHIT why didn't I read this!!!!!!!!! That would maybe explain something. as for when I was messing with the o2s I don't remember if the battery was connected or not. Most likely it was. I got my codes checked today. I've got a maf code 3 o2sensor codes and 1-4th upshift solenoid malfunction code.

I'll check out this stuff later today after class thanks guys!

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

thanks for this thread topic.....my pacesetters are coming in today w/ my ory...........i will put them on tomorrow if it doesnt rain.....i never disconnect the battery like they tell you to, but i will this time
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 m6
    SLP LoudMonth, SLP CAI, SLP MAF, Hotchkis SFC
    12.76 @109 1.96-60ft

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

man, make sure you disconnect the battery, make sure you know that you either have to undo an engine mount bolt (to lift the engine)or do what I did and have a hacksaw ready do do some cuttin which is much easier. You'll need lots of sockets, another person, be ready to pull your cars oil dip stick tube out.(I suggest getting some of those dishwashing gloves from a store some where, they'll help you grip it and you'll need them. I've got a good grip and those gloves helped me. also try to have internet access near by just in case you need a reference if you get stuck. also make sure to get a box of rubber gloves like the dr's office type. They'll keep your hands from getting fucked up... trust me you need them plus if its cold outside they kinda keep your hands warm. get your self a wire stripper too if you can for the o2 sensor wires. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. also give your self lots of time to do it. It's not an 8hr job if you've never done it before. and most of all when you get your headers on but b4 you hook up the rest of the exhaust, FIRE IT UP

open headers are the shit. I knew mine were going to be loud and I was all confident like yea this gonna sound good. The expression on my face was followed by WOW! It suprised even ME!

GOOD LUCK!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by craz1469 View Post
    thanks for this thread topic.....my pacesetters are coming in today w/ my ory...........i will put them on tomorrow if it doesnt rain.....i never disconnect the battery like they tell you to, but i will this time
    you car will be loud. click on the link in my sig...
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

NO, that does the sound no justice! you've got more hp than me and I know your's is louder in person, but I don't think a camera will accurately capture a sound like that. My shit sounded like it had a mean as cam in it!

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

oh, by the way romulo13, the fuse was my problem all a long, I thought it was the wire that I snagged when I was putting my headers on. The fuse happened to be the 20A one. good looking out man!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    NO, that does the sound no justice! you've got more hp than me and I know your's is louder in person, but I don't think a camera will accurately capture a sound like that. My shit sounded like it had a mean as cam in it!
    did you try the second one (in the car looking at the guage cluster)? that one is pre-heads and intake. trust me in person it's amazingly loud, i love it. get someone else to drive your car if you trust them and find out 1st hand. it seriously amazes me that i have not been pulled over...lol

grab some video of your car and post it up for all to hear!!! most of all glad YOU llike it, cause that's what matters the most...

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    the egr stuff isn't hooked up as tight as I'd like, but its on there. when driving I hear something that gives me the feeling my headers aren't tight enough to the engine. it kind of sounds like I can actually hear certain pistons. I plan on going to the exhaust shop in the morning and get them to go over it.

by the way I did fire it up with nothing but headers on and it was AWESOME I didn't know my car could sound like that off of just headers!
    Yeah, fired mine up with my long tube Hookers and the sound was better than awesome, I agree!

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I just figured how to put it into words. What the camera doesn't capture is the bass! It's loud but you can damn well feel it too! By the way I wish I had a camera on me when I did open headers, too bad I didn't. I may make a video of me passing by in my car one of these days after I clean it up. been too damn cold.

The first time I fired it up with only headers it was like chichichichi WAH wahWAH .........WHOA WAH..WAH....WAH..WHA......(at this point I guess the computer was trying to get the engine in order)

It was off beat and mean sounding as hell. Sounded like I truly woke a monster up. Then I let it warm up then I gave it a few revs to maybe like 3000rpm and it sounded like I was really taching it up, but I wasn't.

The thing is I bet everyone in the neighborhood heard me in the shop!
    Last edited by 7camaro7; 01-24-2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: adding more to post

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

make sure you know that you either have to undo an engine mount bolt (to lift the engine)or do what I did and have a hacksaw ready do do some cuttin

What the...???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information