Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just installed my Lt's And Ory..couple questions

This is a discussion on Just installed my Lt's And Ory..couple questions within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by dennis ss My car is not raspy at all. I think the borla muffler has alot to ...

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    My car is not raspy at all. I think the borla muffler has alot to do with it, I know they are pretty high pitched in sound. I have a flowmaster and the tone is very deep. I was worried when I had the cats cut out but I have no rasp at all. I like the loud exhaust but its mostly personal preference
    Sometimes i like it haha Well today i took it to the track and it is faster than before. I did a 13.4 and missed 4th gear cause my clutch got stuck to the floor. Great! haha 13.4 at 93mph with a 2.024 60ft time. I gotta probably change my clutch fluid and i know the drill mod but it seems like alot of work. But either way ran alot better. Not really sure why it got stuck to the floor but oh well

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

See, it really does run quicker. The track tells all, unlike the dyno.

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    See, it really does run quicker. The track tells all, unlike the dyno.
    You dont think a tune would help even more? I just don't see how it won't help a lot either way These headers ate growing on me just like you said great fit just I gotta bend the y cause its hitting my floor under the driver's side I'm glad I got them now
    Last edited by Camaro69Mac; 06-17-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

I felt the loss of power too, guess I'm right there next to u in the crazy bin

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    I felt the loss of power too, guess I'm right there next to u in the crazy bin
    I believe you do lose alittle bit of low end torque with the LT's, but it should feel stronger up top. But it doesnt matter how it "feels". The LT1 "feels" faster than the LS1 and we all know which one is really faster.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    You dont think a tune would help even more? I just don't see how it won't help a lot either way These headers ate growing on me just like you said great fit just I gotta bend the y cause its hitting my floor under the driver's side I'm glad I got them now

I had the same issue with the Kooks catted Y. I rotated the Y counterclockwise (viewed from rear of car) and slid it back off the collectors a bit to gain clearance. There is a slip joint on the Kooks that resulted in this rotation moving the driver side away from the underbody bracket. I haven't heard it hit yet.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    Yes a tune will help it more now, just like a tune will help a stock car. But now that you have the headers, they will help the tune even more, however it is not something you need to have done right away. I waited over 3 years with no issues except the SES light.

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I had the same issue with the Kooks catted Y. I rotated the Y counterclockwise (viewed from rear of car) and slid it back off the collectors a bit to gain clearance. There is a slip joint on the Kooks that resulted in this rotation moving the driver side away from the underbody bracket. I haven't heard it hit yet.
    My Hooker ORY had such a connection on the drivers' side, maybe with a little more patience I could've got it to fit without crimping it. It's ok tho, I actually gained ground clearance over the stock setup doing it my way and I have no worries about exhaust flow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information