Black
    F250

Intake and TB question

I found somone selling this... ls6 intake manifold with injectors, fuel rails, 85mm throttle body. Question is, would this be worth buying for my 2000 LS1 camaro? I believe the parts are off a Z06. Also, how much would it be worth paying for all of it? I think they also have a 85mm MAF with an adapter to work on an LS1.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by RedSmokey View Post
    I found somone selling this... ls6 intake manifold with injectors, fuel rails, 85mm throttle body. Question is, would this be worth buying for my 2000 LS1 camaro? I believe the parts are off a Z06. Also, how much would it be worth paying for all of it? I think they also have a 85mm MAF with an adapter to work on an LS1.
    i dont think the rails and injectors are that different than our stockers performance wise. but the intake and tb are a solid buy at no more than 400. more than likely the injectors and rails arent gonna be enough of a difference to justify buying. more than likely if youare gonna build up your camaro you will need better than the stuff that comes with the z06 with an ls6

Black
    F250

i dont plan to build my car up to much. Minor bolt ons really. And the injectors and rails just come with the intake and TB. He is selling them as a whole. What do you think about the MAF with the adapter?

white
    2000 Z28

i cant honestly say whether it is an upgrade or not seeing as how from the factory its meant for the 400hp z06. so i would assume it to need a tune afterwards just like an aftermarket maf. maybe someone on here knows whether the ls6 maf is ok for an ls1. i would assume when your done with bolt ons you plan on getting a tune right. if you dont plan on it then i would suggest it for the overall performance. it will help whether you use the maf or not.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

An 85mm MAF and 85mm TB isn't gonna do much for an LS6 intake. I don't even think an 85mm will fit on the LS6 intake without a spacer.
    Plus STAY AWAY from aftermarket MAFs unless you're gonna retune the computer around the new MAF.
    You're better off with a LS6 intake, stock MAF, and port/polish stock 75mm TB

Thread Information