intake swap

This is a discussion on intake swap within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; hey guys i was wondering if i could get some tips on swapping the intake on my 99 t/a. I ...

round rock TX

1999 Trans Am

Question intake swap

hey guys i was wondering if i could get some tips on swapping the intake on my 99 t/a. I have a bud who might just give me his ls6 intake and i noticed(and read) that the ls6 intake does not have the..... egr, or what ever and wanted to know what y'all used to plug/patch the part that goes to the heads(again im pulling this shit out from no where so if im not making scene sry). i also want to know about how long this would take, i have bin told 2-6 hours. oh and idk if this makes a difference but i will be putting LT's on my car soon.

Midland, MI

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro z28

There are plenty of places out there that sell the AIR and EGR blockoff plates cheap. When i did my first intake swap it took me about 4 hours taking my time but once you have a few under your belt it can be done in about a hour (when i took off my 92mm it only took me 25 minutes)

Bay Area

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

This link will show you where to look out for the opsu and where to grind the fins to keep your current lines
    How do you identify an LS6 from an LS1 intake?
    Only thing you need to plug for the egr is the point where it comes out of the exhaust manifold as you will completley remove this from the car. If you wish remove the air assembly so as to clean up the engine bay. To block off the air and egr at the manifolds you can go to your local hardware store and get yourself some thin metal to cut to shape to plug the holes. Use some hight temp silicone to seal it off.
    I know there's more but i'm lazy

Another link for you
    That opsu is a bitch and isn't mentioned in the howto, if you can unplug the wire to it throw an opsu socket (found at your local car parts store) over it and it will protect the opsu from breaking at the base when you pull the manifold out from the car

Thread Information