Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

intake manifolds

This is a discussion on intake manifolds within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by BashamWS6 so with a full exhaust and slp air lid...what do you perfer for a TB and ...

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    so with a full exhaust and slp air lid...what do you perfer for a TB and Intake?
    Stock.

But if you really want to change it, I'd just do an LS6 and leave it be. Even if you swap to a mild cam later the LS6 intake still performs well. For what you are doing I can't see spending $1500 or more for a FAST setup. I'd put that towards a rearend before I sunk that into an intake system.

As far as the throttle body, again, since you are nearly stock, at the most I would just port the one you have. Or buy a ported one from a vendor. I don't see the need to spend $300 or more on a fancy throttle body for the power level you are at.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Stock.

But if you really want to change it, I'd just do an LS6 and leave it be. Even if you swap to a mild cam later the LS6 intake still performs well. For what you are doing I can't see spending $1500 or more for a FAST setup. I'd put that towards a rearend before I sunk that into an intake system.

As far as the throttle body, again, since you are nearly stock, at the most I would just port the one you have. Or buy a ported one from a vendor. I don't see the need to spend $300 or more on a fancy throttle body for the power level you are at.
    Great advice!

red
    2000TA

a weiand and BBK intake will make more power than a ls6 intake,don't worry about the heat soak these intakes should act like intercooler when used with E85 .

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by garygnu65 View Post
    a weiand and BBK intake will make more power than a ls6 intake,don't worry about the heat soak these intakes should act like intercooler when used with E85 .
    Then kiss your btu's and gas mileage good bye. Only way to benefit is up the compression. No stock compression will not see full benefits with e85.

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Then kiss your btu's and gas mileage good bye. Only way to benefit is up the compression. No stock compression will not see full benefits with e85.
    Exactly. ^^^^^
    And who here mentioned he was running E85 anyway?? It's only available in a few mid western states last I heard. I wouldn't run that stuff in any of my cars anyway, alcohol/ethanol is corrosive and creates moisture, of which I got sick of dealing with in the race car, gooo on the bottom of my oil breathers, frequent oil changes due to moisture, corroded rubber parts that had to be changed to an alcohol based rubber, and I had to switch carbs and flush the fuel system with regular gas every time the car was going to sit for more than a few days, that shit ate everything,,,,,so no way I'm doing it in a street car.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I don't see much gain from an LS6 intake to a BBK to justify the price, and for the gains on a bolt on car a fast is almost worthless. Unless you get a setup for cheap its not worth looking into. If you have an LS1 intake and plan on bolt-ons (maybe small cam), LS6. If you plan on cam/heads etc., Fast. There are other options like the edelbrock intake, sheetmetal fabricated, etc. All depends on how aggressive you're getting and how much money you're willing to spend

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    I don't see much gain from an LS6 intake to a BBK to justify the price, and for the gains on a bolt on car a fast is almost worthless. Unless you get a setup for cheap its not worth looking into. If you have an LS1 intake and plan on bolt-ons (maybe small cam), LS6. If you plan on cam/heads etc., Fast. There are other options like the edelbrock intake, sheetmetal fabricated, etc. All depends on how aggressive you're getting and how much money you're willing to spend
    Way to cover your ass on the next sentence

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Way to cover your ass on the next sentence
    Figured it was better to put that in there than look like an ass

Impounded
    Stock.

alright thanks

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Stock.

Any idea what ballpark a p/p should cost on a stock TB?

red
    99 camaro

I believe they are like 60 on fleabay...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information