Results 1 to 9 of 9

Intake manifold question

This is a discussion on Intake manifold question within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Has anyone had any experience with the LS1/LS6 upgrade intake manifold from "Professional Products"?...

  1. #1
    Junior Member Ponti-MANIac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    81
    2000 Pontiac Trans-am WS6

    Intake manifold question

    Has anyone had any experience with the LS1/LS6 upgrade intake manifold from "Professional Products"?

  2. #2
    The Mudkat
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"
    Age
    55
    Posts
    61

    white
    2000 SS Convertible

    Nope, I'd just get the OEM one from E-Bay or one of the sites for around $300, then you need the blockoff tubes (front and rear-from your dealer). If you go this route, you'll need to Delete the EGR (and have the code tuned out of the PCM). It's not difficult. 10-25 HP boost depending on how good the tune is. You can buy one from SLP with the EGR provisions if you need to, but it's more expensive.

  3. #3
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    LS1 land
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,667
    i agree to get an oem one, but i think you wil see 10-15hp at the most.

  4. #4
    Junior Member Ponti-MANIac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    81
    2000 Pontiac Trans-am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by heliskiier View Post
    Nope, I'd just get the OEM one from E-Bay or one of the sites for around $300, then you need the blockoff tubes (front and rear-from your dealer). If you go this route, you'll need to Delete the EGR (and have the code tuned out of the PCM). It's not difficult. 10-25 HP boost depending on how good the tune is. You can buy one from SLP with the EGR provisions if you need to, but it's more expensive.
    I am under the impression that if I delete the EGR code, I will fail emissions.

  5. #5
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    LS1 land
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponti-MANIac View Post
    I am under the impression that if I delete the EGR code, I will fail emissions.
    If you have the code deleted then you will pass emmissions. If you don't delete it then you will fail. If your check engine light is on you will fail. Deleting the code keeps the light off.

  6. #6
    Junior Member Ponti-MANIac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    81
    2000 Pontiac Trans-am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    If you have the code deleted then you will pass emmissions. If you don't delete it then you will fail. If your check engine light is on you will fail. Deleting the code keeps the light off.
    In my state they do the exhaust "sniff" test as well as the OBD-II test. I can see how the deleteing the EGR code may fool the OBD-II test but I would think it would cause big time failure on the sniffer.

  7. #7
    General Mota's! stevegrizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around Tampa , FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    378

    mid blue
    99 m6 z28

    to beat the exhaust test you just have to lean the shit out of it.

  8. #8
    ls1devil lt1dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    67

    Black
    1999 ls1

    slp has a new ls6 intake manifold with the egr hook up

  9. #9
    Senior Member SeVeReDiStOrTiOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    8,164

    05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

    You'll fail the visual test if your state has one without the egr...best bet is to find out the smog requirements in your state so you know if you'll need the egr provisions with the manifold.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Intake manifold question
    By drfton in forum External Engine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 01:05 AM
  2. LS3/LSX intake manifold question...
    By bean568 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 07:26 PM
  3. Intake Manifold Question
    By 00 formula in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 08:31 AM
  4. LS6 Intake Manifold Question
    By OnEbAdReDSS in forum External Engine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 10:03 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 11:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •