Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Intake Manifold Comparison

This is a discussion on Intake Manifold Comparison within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Filthy 150 What about a LS2 over a LS1. Any benefit? for the money spent to get ...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy 150 View Post
    What about a LS2 over a LS1.
    Any benefit?
    for the money spent to get an Ls2 intake you would be better off just getting and Ls6 intake. it's flows more and better than the Ls2, which is marginally better than the Ls1 intake.
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

flat black
    are you referring to the PP LS2 intake? yes it does have benefits over the LS1 it has a 96mm TB opening versus the 85mm...they make an LS1 style LS2 intake which means its the 96mm size hole but the injector and TB bolt configuration of the LS1 the make a polished and a satin...the raw casting of the satin wasnt bad that i ordered...they were very pleasent people to deal with...they sent me their early style bolt up kit which came with the wrong gaskets and not enough fuel line...the system was original designed using a 97 vette so you can imagine that some things are different...they shipped me at no cost to me all the parts i needed to fit it to my car, the only thing i had to buy were new bolts for the valley pan...the original bolts measure .342" which would be considered a 5/16" bolt head height...i went to autozone and picked on some that were .216" tall (1/4") the intake was so close to fitting but close isnt close enough....also be aware the pipe that goes from behind the TB to the EVAP vent solenoid will require a new clip..the clips only go one way and are not reusable. i will repost with a GM part number tomorrow..the only way ive found to get the stupid clips is from the dealer.. also the whole drilled int he back for the MAP is slightly larger than what the rubber grommet for the sensor is...i mean it fits but i didnt like the fit so i used a little sensor safe RTV and bent the mount to my desire. the only other thing is there is no accumulator now in the fuel rails and also no shrader valve in which to hook a fuel pressure gauge to. it has a allen bolt looks like 1/4 20 that blocks off the rear of the passenger fuel rail...all in all theres some minor things i think they still need to work out but it is still a new piece

flat black
    Quote Originally Posted by 60Corvette View Post
    ...a lot of people are concerned about the heat soak. As fast as the air moves through the intake I don't think it has enough time to heat up significantly...
    This intake sits lower on the valley pan than even the LS6 intake but its soo thick. They have left soo much extra material in this thing for porting i dont think that heat soak is going to be an issue. also people have been running metal manifolds for years. the largest reason GM went composite was not a heat soaking issue but cost...the cost of aluminum is on the rise and polymers are cheap and have been proven to hold up well even under a mild boost...reports on actual power and heat soak issues to come...im finishing up my rear end and the trans is fixed so hopefully it will be fired in the next few days and we will see how much power this thing really makes now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information