Results 1 to 17 of 17

Intake manifold

This is a discussion on Intake manifold within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Got my eye on that weiand street warrior intake manifold, they are claiming 32 hp gain, sounds a bit optimistic ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11

    black
    2000 camaro ss

    Intake manifold

    Got my eye on that weiand street warrior intake manifold, they are claiming 32 hp gain, sounds a bit optimistic to me, how about some feedback, Thanks.
    2000 SS, slp lid, smooth bellows, coolant bypass, headers, slp y pipe

  2. #2
    Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bragg NC
    Posts
    2,835

    Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

    Pick up an ls6 intake and call it a day, let them work out all the quarks and wait for others to test them out.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

  3. #3
    Member side2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    md
    Posts
    861

    red
    2000 camaro ss

    Quote Originally Posted by Black SS View Post
    Got my eye on that weiand street warrior intake manifold, they are claiming 32 hp gain, sounds a bit optimistic to me, how about some feedback, Thanks.
    2000 SS, slp lid, smooth bellows, coolant bypass, headers, slp y pipe
    no Fin way there is 32 horses to unlock from a manifold swap on anything with less than 800 horsepower and an ls1 manifold. those claims are so funny, and grimey at same time. best manifold for the money (and best for stock cubes hands down) is the bbk, it outflows all of the mainstream manifolds out of the box. as much as i dislike most of their products i gotta admit they did a good job on that piece and it doesnt hurt the pockets too bad. if you dont plan on getting nitrous down the road, i'd get bbk.

  4. #4
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    no Fin way there is 32 horses to unlock from a manifold swap on anything with less than 800 horsepower and an ls1 manifold. those claims are so funny, and grimey at same time. best manifold for the money (and best for stock cubes hands down) is the bbk, it outflows all of the mainstream manifolds out of the box. as much as i dislike most of their products i gotta admit they did a good job on that piece and it doesnt hurt the pockets too bad. if you dont plan on getting nitrous down the road, i'd get bbk.
    BBK outflows the FAST?

  5. #5
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Fast or LS6.

    Street warrior intake...let it get past testing and out on the street for a while. The make it just a few miles from me.

  6. #6
    Member AB'sLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    lititz, PA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    228

    red
    1998 Z28

    Isnt the street warrior company (Hollie) starting to go under?

  7. #7
    Senior Member qwkgto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    OHIO"S only 9 second GTO
    Posts
    1,464

    Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

    here you go,in my book the fast is not worth it way too much for peice of plastic,and if you have FI fast does not like boost..I have a book full of dyno proven setups,12-14hp aint shit if someone tells you they can feel the diffrence they are also full of it.I have the comparison with the fast as well.LS6 or ls2 intake.

    Last edited by qwkgto; 03-16-2009 at 04:00 AM.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    393

    black
    1998 Camaro SS

    You said that UNLESS ur spraying nitrous than get a bbk. well i bought a bbk intake but im also spraying nitrous as well. havent installed it yet just wonderin why you cant spray with bbk

  9. #9
    Senior Member qwkgto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    OHIO"S only 9 second GTO
    Posts
    1,464

    Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

    you can spray with the bbk,actually its better , should say safer if you get a backfire with nitrous say to a plastic intake,thats why its best to set the nitrous with a controler like a progressive unit and make sure you shut the nitrous off before the motor hits your set rev limiter by per say 500 rpm. many of guy who when doing a burn out or loose traction over rev the motor and we all know what happens.

  10. #10
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    So i have a 01 Z28 stock intake manifold, is it safe to spray wet or dry because of our intake manifolds. Im only looking for about 90-100 rwhp so im guessing id have to spray 125 shot dry to maybe achieve that with a good tune. Ive heard of puddling with a wet system and never had any issues in my 93 LT1 but then again the intake manifold is way different then the LS1's.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

  11. #11
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Quote Originally Posted by AB'sLs1 View Post
    Isnt the street warrior company (Hollie) starting to go under?
    Unfortunately so. Major layoffs

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11

    black
    2000 camaro ss

    Smile Intake manifold

    Thanks for all the input, still undecided but better educated !!!

  13. #13
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    here you go,in my book the fast is not worth it way too much for peice of plastic,and if you have FI fast does not like boost..I have a book full of dyno proven setups,12-14hp aint shit if someone tells you they can feel the diffrence they are also full of it.I have the comparison with the fast as well.LS6 or ls2 intake.

    Click for full size
    The funny thing is that the LS6 is a 78mm intake and the LS2 is a 90mm intake

  14. #14
    🤔 11s. blackbirdbrain89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hagerstown, mercersburg
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,844

    black trans am
    2000

    where can i get my hands on that book?

  15. #15
    Awaiting Activation lovedrvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    west kentucky
    Age
    52
    Posts
    92

    white
    1999 z28

    this book
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GM-LS1-To-LS7-...316126001r7511

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1932494405

    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...87&dcaid=17902

    i have a question also,i am liking the bbk over the ls6 intake
    my question is do i need the crossover coolant pipe kit like ya do with the ls6 ?

    this part http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1729

  16. #16
    Member side2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    md
    Posts
    861

    red
    2000 camaro ss

    ive always seen more hp from a bbk manifold on stock cubes than any other manifold, including the FAST. that there book actually claims the same thing.

  17. #17
    Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bragg NC
    Posts
    2,835

    Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    So i have a 01 Z28 stock intake manifold, is it safe to spray wet or dry because of our intake manifolds. Im only looking for about 90-100 rwhp so im guessing id have to spray 125 shot dry to maybe achieve that with a good tune. Ive heard of puddling with a wet system and never had any issues in my 93 LT1 but then again the intake manifold is way different then the LS1's.

    I sprayed 150 shot for about two years on the stock intake manifold. No matter which manifold you have if you dont take the precautions you will end up with a horror story.
    Its all in the tune, plugs, kit, and common sense...
    J

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Intake Manifold
    By 10erg01 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 05:55 PM
  2. Pro-Flo XT LS1 EFI intake manifold
    By Alexander Abraham in forum External Engine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 09:55 AM
  3. LS6 intake manifold and 227 Intake runners
    By IT_SS in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 03:11 PM
  4. WTB: Lt1 Intake Manifold
    By Sphyr in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 09:25 PM
  5. Intake manifold ?
    By 99M6Z28 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-22-2006, 12:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •