Thread: intake

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

Question intake

Does anyone use "Fast" products on their LS1's? I was looking into getting the FAST LSX Intake Manifold (90mm Inlet) coupled with the FAST LSX 90mm Throttle Body. Is anyone running this set up on their LS1.. if so.. how does it perform and is it worth the money...? The rest of my intake consists of Granatelli MAF Sensors, Air Box Lid, and the K&N filter. thanks guys

Eric @ DMS
    We are. On our current F-body project we have a 90mm FAST intake and TB. So far the gains were nice. Are you planning on doing heads/cam? That's when your 90mm will really wake up. I ordered a few of each when we started our project so I have only a few in stock at the moment. Hit me up if you're interested and I'll give you a killer deal on them as I want to push them out.

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Eric @ DMS
    We are. On our current F-body project we have a 90mm FAST intake and TB. So far the gains were nice. Are you planning on doing heads/cam? That's when your 90mm will really wake up. I ordered a few of each when we started our project so I have only a few in stock at the moment. Hit me up if you're interested and I'll give you a killer deal on them as I want to push them out.

Ohh..!!! well that’s sweet… I want to do heads and cams.. but I know absolutely nothing about them… I want my WS6 to be quick.. (as in smoke any ricer.. and most mustangs) no doubt.. but it is an everyday driver… so I also need something reliable… but I do play on doing heads and cams… when I can get the money.. can you give me some info on my certain situation… thanks

Black
    99 SS

you wont gain much over the LS6 intake you already have on your car maybe 5-6hp.

Eric @ DMS
    I'll be happy to help. Drop me an email and I'll you in on what's worthwhile and what's not. The FAST setup is quite expensive if you still have a relatively stock setup. They bigger sizes (i.e. 90mm) are more suited for heads/cam, forced induction, and/or larger cubed engines. Talk with you soon.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

If you aren't going to do any more mods, then it's not worth all that. It's just too much money for just a little gain over the LS6 intake. However, if you are going to do some more mods to take advantage of the LSX intake, then ...it is worth it.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

As stated above, with just some bolt-ons they are not worth the $$. However, if you go with the right combo of heads/cam/tuning then rwhp/rwtq numbers in the upper 400 range for N/A is easily attainable and been proven many times.

My winter project is to install the Fast 90/NW90 setup, Nasty Perf. Fuel Rails, 42# injectors, AFR 205's milled 030 with the AFR springs, Morel Lifters, and a 'proprietary' cam. I am working with Tony Mamo from AFR on this setup and it is usually referred to as the 'Tony Mamo recipe' He is also personally porting my Fast intake - not cheap, but if you want to get every xtra bit out and are serious about hp, then it is definitely worth it.

BTW, the numbers in my sig are with my current N/A setup - not with the new one described above

-Jay-

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Sounds like quite an impressive winter project. Could you post some pics here of the process? Thanks in advance.

Thread Information