installing pacesetters on my 2002 t/a

This is a discussion on installing pacesetters on my 2002 t/a within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hey guys, im installing my LT's here in a couple weeks but before I do so, I have a couple ...

installing pacesetters on my 2002 t/a

Hey guys, im installing my LT's here in a couple weeks but before I do so, I have a couple questions... I was told by several people that with SLP LM2 cat-back LT's and no cats(replaced with cut-outs) sounds like total shit and is very raspy. This was the setup I had planned for, so I dediced to start looking into buying some high flow cats to reduce the rasp for a kick ass(good flowing) exhaust. Any suggestions on what kind of cats I should get? I really want this to sound sweet as hell but at the same time, do a number on the gains.

also will I need 02 extenders for the front 2 sensors? and what would be the best spark plugs to get? I figured I mine as well change them since im getting up there anyways. Thanks!

99 SS Vert M6

Interested as well because I want LTs and also have LM2. I've been looking at the DynaTech header system with the high flow power cats. I would however like to delete my air/egr now and the dynatech system doesn't offer headers without air and egr fittings. So my options are still open. Probably go with Pacesetters and LS6 intake.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar
    Bragg NC

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Yes you will need 02 extension's for the front 02 sensors. I went with the 24" so i had plenty too play with.
    Alot of people with the slp loudmouth say its really raspy but instail a dynomax bullett race muffler instead of the slp resonator and they say it cuts back on the sound.
    I wouldnt go with cats unless local laws are limiting you. You will need 02 sims for the rear also unless you plan on a tune in the very near future. Pick up some band clamps also instead of the ones in the ps kit. Dont use those paper gaskets either.
    I just picked up some delco plugs when i did my instail and they are workin fine.
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

2000 camaro ss

also you can just block off the agr and air with plates, thats what i did

Thread Information