Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Installed LS6 intake and Shaner TB Sunday

This is a discussion on Installed LS6 intake and Shaner TB Sunday within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; got the car back tuesday. had to have the knock sensors replaced and it was covered under warranty. so it ...

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

got the car back tuesday. had to have the knock sensors replaced and it was covered under warranty. so it cost me 50 bucks out of my pocket to have them do the addition work to completely swap manifolds, but it was worth it! car pulls even harder on the top now, i love it!

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Oh man...just installed the ls6 intake....man that as more of a pita then I thought it was gonna be. Every complication you could have...I had it, except for breaking the oil sensor...got lucky with that one. Still have about an hour worth of work in the morning...gotta torque the 10 bolts holding the intake down, and hack off part of the egr tube to fit the bass fitting that slp has on the intake. It took about 5 hours...half of that was tryin to get the ass of the intake out from under the cowl. So simple yet not...even with my medium/small hands there were times when I could only get 2 fingers back there....I have no idea how some of you guys with ogre hands get back there. All in all it wasn't bad....just wasn't as easy as I thought it was gonna be.
    did you use the 'fuel line' trick to get the bolts out? (loosen the rear bolts, cut a piece of fuel line down the middle and slip under bolt to hold it up)

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedZ28
    did you use the 'fuel line' trick to get the bolts out? (loosen the rear bolts, cut a piece of fuel line down the middle and slip under bolt to hold it up)
    Nope sure didn't...the main prob was the last bolt on the passenger side and lack of room...it's like 1/2 in underneath the tranny dipstick(auto). So I had to push on the dipstick..hold the bolt up...lift the manifold and pull out at the same time...plus hold up the other 3 bolts...fun fun. Couldn't find my electrical tape to hold the bolts up Plus I was paranoid of the oil sensor...didn't know the exact location of it but heard it breaks easily...the Z is my DD and g/f was at work so no ride to the dealer if it broke

If there was just more room...if only... Hopefully there isn't any vacuum lines stuck under the manifold...and hopefuly I didn't snap the sensor off putting the manifold back on...that would suck

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by LS1LT1
    I have an LS6 intake and a Jantzer ported/polished TB, great combo as well.
    I should have known you'd make your way over here...when I get my headers, Y, cam and LS6 intake, i'm coming to see you guys

sorry if this was a little OT!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Oh man...just installed the ls6 intake....man that as more of a pita then I thought it was gonna be. Every complication you could have...I had it, except for breaking the oil sensor...got lucky with that one. Still have about an hour worth of work in the morning...gotta torque the 10 bolts holding the intake down, and hack off part of the egr tube to fit the bass fitting that slp has on the intake. It took about 5 hours...half of that was tryin to get the ass of the intake out from under the cowl. So simple yet not...even with my medium/small hands there were times when I could only get 2 fingers back there....I have no idea how some of you guys with ogre hands get back there. All in all it wasn't bad....just wasn't as easy as I thought it was gonna be.
    Yeah, I got my arms all scratched up from working under that cowl. When I got finished I looked like I got into a fight with a Bobcat and lost.

21k posts ;)
    Former holder of over

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fedge
    I should have known you'd make your way over here...when I get my headers, Y, cam and LS6 intake, i'm coming to see you guys
    Make my way over? I was on this board WAAAYY back in the day but after a little board reorganization I lost my 'sign on' date along with my HUGE post count (roughly 22k posts, top ten highest LOL ).

Bombguy99Z28
    FYI, current GM parts numbers for the coolant lines are:

12570678 plugs for the back (need two)

12581213 coolant crossover line for the front (need one)

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by LS1LT1
    Make my way over? I was on this board WAAAYY back in the day but after a little board reorganization I lost my 'sign on' date along with my HUGE post count (roughly 22k posts, top ten highest LOL ).
    funny thing is I knew I wasn't crazy when I thought I joined this board back in 04...I too lost my stuff, I was under a different name and yes, I remember now, my bad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information