Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I have created a MONSTER!

Well guys, I have spent the last month dropping everything out of the car that wasn't necessary. I put a set of P & P TSP heads on her, a new LS6 ported oil pump, timing set, and a Meziere electric water pump. I just got through putting a new master and slave on there (of course I did the drill mod first) and checking and rechecking everything. I found out that the rear 02 sensors (they aren't there, naturally) is the reason I am seeing the SES light. So that means she is good to go.

I spent the better part of an hour driving her around a little bit today. That car is SCARY fast now. I laid into it about midway through second gear and she just annihilated the 295/35's all the way through. It pulls so DAMN HARD in fourth gear that you get to 120+ in no time FLAT and it feels like Andre the Giant just sat on your chest. I have never had a car that caused me to be nervous when I am driving it. It doesn't help that a cop and two different car mechanics have said "be careful with that thing" in the span of two days. I think I have created FrankenZ28. Hopefully it won't spell my doom one day.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

haha nice, be safe with that thing would ya?

1970 Fbody

It really isn't as fast as you think....just like everything else you will get used to it very quickly and want more power. Most importantly is lay off the throttle and don't be stupid. That much power it is real easy to break the tires loose and lose control, especially in wet weather.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

LS1's are not a priviledge, they're a responsability! J/K, go nuts, you've earned it!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

enjoy it. you only live once. unless they can revive you.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Sounds like a fun ride!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

nice, but you'll proly get used to it. but as stated above, life's to short, so have fun while you can

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

What did you pull out for the weight reduction? I did a little but wasn't willing to let it look like I did any weight reduction so I was pretty limited. It doesn't take much to feel a diff though

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    What did you pull out for the weight reduction? I did a little but wasn't willing to let it look like I did any weight reduction so I was pretty limited. It doesn't take much to feel a diff though
    Took the carpet out, removed an entire HEFTY black trash bag full of deadening and insulation from it (a real PITA BTW). Took the back seats out, the stereo equipment (except for the aftermarket head unit and the 4 infinity 6.5" speakers), the T-top mounting bracket, all the trim behind the axle, took the safety restraint system for the back seats out, the floor mats, the entire A/C system (condenser, compressor, lines), removed all of the monsoon components (wires, all that crap). Plus, the Meziere water pump is quite a bit lighter than the factory pump.

In order for it to still look decent, I reinstalled the carpet, the driver and passenger seat (that power driver seat is almost 2X heavier than the passenger seat), the side plastic trim beside the rear passenger area, and the trim that covers the side rear wheel wells, then I slapped that flap thing that covers the trunk area on there to cover up where the T-top storage used to be, that way you can't see it from the cabin.

It looks good like that though. The only thing that is an eyesore is where they cut the carpet to mount the bottom of the rear seats, and the mounts stick through on both sides. Altogether, prolly at least 200 lbs.

Plus, I don't have back seats so I have a good excuse now when a CROWD wants to ride. And now my SLP LT's don't scrub on stuff anymore because the suspension raised up from all the dead weight being missing. She stops better, accelerates better, and handles better.

Combine that with about 420-440 rwhp, and you got a real BEAST.

I won't know the exact numbers till next Tuesday afternoon, when I am scheduled for dyno tuning.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I was thinking about getting some really good looking racing seats. They make very nice leather ones that still retain sliding and leaning forward features. Alot of cars come stock with racing-ish seats and they look good. I think I'm gonna get them for all four locations. They will save an insane amount of weight from teh front seats and cover up the ugly holes left from removing the rear seats.

You can remove the passenger airbag - 13 pounds

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

No sh*t? The passenger airbag? I have to look into that, definitely. You are right, that driver's seat is real heavy. I thought about trading my power seat for a passenger seat out of another car. You guys know of anyone with the gray leather interior that would be interested in swapping seats? They can have the power seat for an EVEN trade.

Yeah, I got to look into some race seats. BTW, taking all that deadening/insulation out makes it real LOUD. (duh)

red
    99 camaro supersport

holy shit be easy on the throttle of that beast and play safe. hope i dont see u on the track

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    I was thinking about getting some really good looking racing seats. They make very nice leather ones that still retain sliding and leaning forward features. Alot of cars come stock with racing-ish seats and they look good. I think I'm gonna get them for all four locations. They will save an insane amount of weight from teh front seats and cover up the ugly holes left from removing the rear seats.

You can remove the passenger airbag - 13 pounds
    where can you find some of those seats?

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I am used to it already, time for a STROKER kit!

Red
    1987 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I am used to it already, time for a STROKER kit!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

ok i'm dumb..i hear about this stroker kit and such..what is it exactly?

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

BTW guys, I took her to the 1/8 mile track Sunday to get a time, ran an 8.34 @ 97.4 mph , spinning it's ass off in second and bit of third.

Thread Information