Awaiting Activation

I cant disconnect the fuel line

I am having trouble disconnecting my fuel line from the engine where the fuel rail and line meet. I have 01 ws6 and I am trying to do the ls1 to ls6 pvc conversion. I bought some of those plastic fuel disconnectors and using the 3/8". I did what the instructions say to do and even try to push it in reall hard, but the damn line just won't come off. Anyone help out?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by freddy_caprice View Post
    I am having trouble disconnecting my fuel line from the engine where the fuel rail and line meet. I have 01 ws6 and I am trying to do the ls1 to ls6 pvc conversion. I bought some of those plastic fuel disconnectors and using the 3/8". I did what the instructions say to do and even try to push it in reall hard, but the damn line just won't come off. Anyone help out?
    hmm im not sure of the correct size but when I used mine I released the fuel pressure 1st and then put the tool in. i pushed in hard enough to expand the spring and slowly started to move the line until it came off.

If you haven't released the fuel pressure, pull out the fuel pump relay and crank the car for like 10 seconds. if the car starts let it die. Then try to remove it. I can check the size of the tool tomorrow.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Do you have the disconnect tool pushed into that metal piece where they meet? When I put new fuel rails on my car, I pushed the lip of the fuel disconnect tool into the metal part where the fuel rail and fuel line connect and made sure it was pushed in there real good and I just pulled hard on the fuel rail end and it came right off. I agree with JayTA to make sure that you have relieved any fuel pressure you may have first.

Awaiting Activation
    OK I got it off two days ago, been raining here a lot. Had to get one of the metal ones and even with that it was hard. Thanks again guys for the help.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

sorry I'm a little late but...

you should not have had to disconnect it? I did mine with no issues without disconnect the rails or taking off any injectors.

All I did was pull the rails up and slide it over and laid it on the drivers side out of the way. When it came time to install I position it on the intake and press them in.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

yes, use a metal disconnect tool every time. i tried the POS plastic ones and all i did was chew them up. the metal disconnect took maybe 10 seconds and DONE!!! GM designed these for the cheapest most efficient way for production purposes. Never designed for someone to actually 'have' to remove for service/maintence purposes...

SMWS6TA, one reason he chose to disconnect was to remove the Ls6 intake with the fuel rails attached as a unit get out of the way, to then to a swap over to the Ls6 PVC, but don't hold me to it...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    yes, use a metal disconnect tool every time. i tried the POS plastic ones and all i did was chew them up. the metal disconnect took maybe 10 seconds and DONE!!! GM designed these for the cheapest most efficient way for production purposes. Never designed for someone to actually 'have' to remove for service/maintence purposes...

SMWS6TA, one reason he chose to disconnect was to remove the Ls6 intake with the fuel rails attached as a unit get out of the way, to then to a swap over to the Ls6 PVC, but don't hold me to it...
    I've done both mods, LS6 intake and the LS6VCT mod (PCV as he put's it) at separate times. I'm just stating it was an unnecessary step.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post

You are correct lol.

Thread Information