Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Hydrogen Fuel Injection

(Not sure exactly if this is this best section to post this in, may need moved to just the aag)

My father and I have been researching Hydrogen Fuel Injection or Hydrogen boost, and I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with it or opinions on it. I'm not planning on doin this to my ta, but we're thinkin of experiment with it in on our beater 95 gmc pickup. It is suppose to increase the efficiency of your engine, and some claim a gain up to 60% in mpg.

Its basically unit that creates hydrogen from water and injects in your air intake. Supposedly, you can make it from wiring, a relay, carbon rods, pvc pipes, plexiglass, and rubber seals. I guess its a simple unit to make yourself.

Here's a few reference websites:
    http://www.eagle-research.com/fuelsav/wafld.html
    http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directo...ogen_Injection
    http://www.hydrogenht.com/
    http://www.hydrogen-boost.com/
    http://www.pureenergysystems.com/store/Hydrogen-Boost/

Pretty interesting concept, but I don't know all the pros and cons of it.
    Last edited by GULLETT17; 03-23-2008 at 04:21 PM.
    2000 TA, A4, LS6 intake, Magnaflow, WS9 hood, BMR STB, UMI boxed SFC, Spohn LCA, 9" Ford
    1998 TA Vert,​ NBM, M6, Flowmaster, WS6 hood, WS6 airbox, C6 wheels, UMI SFC, BMR STB
    1998 Bird, Black, V6, A4, 18" 077's, Wings West Body Kit
    1980 Formula, NBM, 402BB, cam, DR timing, LT headers, 3" TD w/ flowmasters, TH350
    1980 TA, Black, 301, bone stock

has anyone even heard of this? i never had, until about a month or two ago

here's a pretty cool video that shows its construction:

and the website the video is from:
    http://www.thermo1.com/hyboost.htm
    Last edited by GULLETT17; 03-24-2008 at 09:31 AM.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

HHO systems work, but here is the down side... RUST!!! your valves, pistons and chanbers get rusty

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    HHO systems work, but here is the down side... RUST!!! your valves, pistons and chanbers get rusty
    thats what i thought . . . there is no prevention of this?

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

yeah just go stainles steel!, but that cost more and it might be weaker, and hard to find.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

i actulally am waiting to istal on my Beater Honda, but that POS is giving me a boat load of porblems., but its easy dont spend 90 bucks on them because you will get ripped off, i paid a guy 5 bucks for the same materials, just lo pro though. anyhow seems perty simple all you need is an Electrolyzer, some hoses, a T connector, and distilled water with baking soda.

i actulally am waiting to istal on my Beater Honda, but that POS is giving me a boat load of porblems., but its easy dont spend 90 bucks on them because you will get ripped off, i paid a guy 5 bucks for the same materials, just lo pro though. anyhow seems perty simple all you need is an Electrolyzer, some hoses, a T connector, and distilled water with baking soda.
    awesome!! well good luck and let me know how it turns out . . . i think me and pops are gonna play around with a homemade system, and see what gains we get. not gonna hurt this old 240000 mile 4.3L v6 pickup!

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Rust, i used a simal system before, but My smart ass wasnt using an electrolyzer, i was using a Heated Coil (like the ones on diesel engines) and it gave me a bunch of rust, and Ill tell you what, that gas is flamable and the orange tips is hot as hell. but if you tuch the blue flame, it wont burn you. theres another chemichal that you can use to make it into brown gas, that way you can actually see it if it chaches fire one day. I hope to get around 80MPg on my beater with that mod ill keep you guys posted. and again i will provide some schematics*.

*Fee Involved

J/K no fee just messing around.

Rust, i used a simal system before, but My smart ass wasnt using an electrolyzer, i was using a Heated Coil (like the ones on diesel engines) and it gave me a bunch of rust, and Ill tell you what, that gas is flamable and the orange tips is hot as hell. but if you tuch the blue flame, it wont burn you.
    ive heard this . . .thats crazy stuff!
    I hope to get around 80MPg on my beater with that mod ill keep you guys posted. and again i will provide some schematics*.

*Fee Involved

J/K no fee just messing around.
    WOW! 80 mpg would be amazing. . . i think were aimin in the 30s or 40s! yeah, let us know . . . ill post what we use!!

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

the the simal system is crap, the electrolyzer uses distilled water which might help prevent rust.

white
    2002 B4C

Keep us posted please!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Don't get your hopes up too high.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

its real alright, and there are cars getting 100mpg with it, but as rust is conerned, i havent heard that much about it if its just hydrogen burning and not water. there is even water injection on turbo'd cars which can increase gains of hp and tq. I also heard that the hyrdogen will actually increase performance.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Demon_Z28 View Post
    its real alright, and there are cars getting 100mpg with it, but as rust is conerned, i havent heard that much about it if its just hydrogen burning and not water. there is even water injection on turbo'd cars which can increase gains of hp and tq. I also heard that the hyrdogen will actually increase performance.
    Water injection only cools IATs nothing more, and if you use much of it, you will KILL HP.

Now meth on the other hand.....

silver
    1998 Formula

I've been looking at it myself. You can build your own fairly easily with only 100 bucks in cost. As for the rust, I'm not sure how you can get rust if you run it through a bubbler. If you ran it straight out of the cell where you might get some water going in with it, then yea, that makes sense.

You can use a large peanut jar, 6 Stainless bolts 3 for positive and 3 for negative. Put some baking soda in the water to increase the conductivity of the water. Put a removable tube holder on the top. Then, you want to run this through a bubbler of some sort. Basically, you'd bubble the air through some water in another tube.

The only downside to this is heat. Peanut butter jars can't handle much heat before they melt. The optimum temperature for production is around 120 to 150 degrees. Also, if you build really good cells they will start to take power really fast. At that point you need a regulator for the power.

This is the reason many people Use Stainless steel and or PVC for this. But the Peanut butter jar is a good place to test it.

white
    2002 B4C

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by TedsB4Csled View Post
    some one try that and report back.

white
    2002 B4C

There is a review here, but the site only sells e-books. $97 for the two books, then you build it yourself. I have the time if anyone wants to buy the e-books! I am taking a seminar in an electric auto conversion this summer, maybe I'll study this next? LOL! We had a guy here in town who did the bio-diesel conversion so you would run off grease fast food joints were disposing. A friend of mine has a truck running on it. The gov't shut down the guy who did the conversions: they could not tax the drivers for the use of the free fuel.

review: http://www.auto-facts.org/water4gas-scam.html

Black
    1999 WS-7 T/A

HHO = Bad Science

The whole HHO thing is crap. Do some research on the internet. I takes more power to break the atomic bonds than is recouped by burning H2. What actually helps the engine is the water (vapor) injection, not the burning of the H2. Catapillar did research on this and found that detriment to the machinery was not worth the effort. That is the reason you don't hear about it much, because chemically it is B.S.
    1999 T/A Ws7\K&N\90mmTB/AM\Longtubes\YPipe\FlowmasterExh \3200vigilante\3.73 Richmonds\EibackSprings
    “Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism” - George Washington

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information