Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HOW IS SLP LS6 INTAKE compared to others?

This is a discussion on HOW IS SLP LS6 INTAKE compared to others? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 89LX Didn't see a change in the exhaust but seems to be a differnce in the air ...

Quote Originally Posted by 89LX View Post
    Didn't see a change in the exhaust but seems to be a differnce in the air sound (being sucked in) if standing at the front of the engine and using the throttle at the TB. I have a 78mm FAST also so that might make a change also.
    The Throttle Body wouldve been what made the sound difference.

Oh and I broke my oil sensor the first time I did this. We were installing the Weiand intake and snaking an ALUMINUM intake underneath the windshield is a lot harder than the composite manifold!

Iraq money well spent. TRY ME GT's Avatar

Black on Black
    2000 Camaro SS M6

HAHA. this whole 'oil sensor' thing has got me worried now. lol

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Port and Polish

If I had it to do again I would leave the Port and Polished stock TB on the engine. You can do it yourself (instructions are out there) or buy one off EBay as an examlpe. There is an outfit that will do it for you but I can't recall their name. Check the web and also EBay. They will support to the area of 500 HP so save your $$ unless building a large HP engine. Takes less an an hour to swap out.
    2000 Z28 M6, SLP Lid, SLP Bellows, SLP UD,
    P&P Maf, TB By-Pass, PS Shorties, LS6 Intake, FAST 78mm TB, Hooker CB, Hurst Billet, Front Tower Brace, small 218/218....527/527....114 cam.
    337rwhp/348rwtq

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by import slayer View Post
    how does an intake manifold make your car sound more aggresive?????
    well, it changed the tone of my exhaust. It made the car louder overall. Jon7I2 was there for the install and he will confirm that there was a noticible difference.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Break

Hell I'm 63 yrs old and at least half deaf....give me a break.....Ha

Navy Blue Metallic
    99 Formula M6

Yeah 99bluez's car was def. louder, and we kinda sorta tried to port and polish the TB too, but i doubt we actually ported it even 1 mm, anyway what i'm saying here is that the Ls6 alone did make the car louder at the top of the RPM range. And i mean where can u go wrong? More power & more noise; It doesnt get any better than that.

Can someone jump in on this one..

I just called SLP and "Joey" told me since I have a 99 T/A, the new sale price for the LS6 intake manifold has no "provisions" that will enable it to fit on my car cuz of the EGR setup. This wasnt new news to me.

In any case, he said I needed a $500 computer program to eliminate EGR(?)

I already have an SES light so who cares... Isnt eliminating the EGR kinda easy? What needs to be done to make this fit? Like, everything. Isnt it just a few blocks here and there? What do I buy?

The manifold that DOES have the provisions is over $500.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

wut the fuck is that guy talking about. Really talk about poor customer service. The only stuff i have from them is the exhaust n lid. U kinda lost me on the EGR. you dont HAVE to buy an ls6 intake with EGR. Its just for ppl that dont wanna throw codes off and pass emission. Umm $500 to remove EGR. Is he on crack?? Ask some1 to lend u one of those handhelds and u can delete it urself.

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    wut the fuck is that guy talking about. Really talk about poor customer service. The only stuff i have from them is the exhaust n lid. U kinda lost me on the EGR. you dont HAVE to buy an ls6 intake with EGR. Its just for ppl that dont wanna throw codes off and pass emission. Umm $500 to remove EGR. Is he on crack?? Ask some1 to lend u one of those handhelds and u can delete it urself.
    I wasnt thinking anyone HAD to, but other than the computer sending out an SES light, something physically has to be blocked off. I believe its the pipe that comes from the header...?

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    I wasnt thinking anyone HAD to, but other than the computer sending out an SES light, something physically has to be blocked off. I believe its the pipe that comes from the header...?
    yes, you need a little peice of metal that can be found almost anywhere. It blocks off the egr on the header - you are correct. Im sure sponsors have them or you could fab up your own. And to get the code programmed out it will cost you about $50 at a performance shop. The dumb $500 he quoted you would be for a full dyno tune.

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    yes, you need a little peice of metal that can be found almost anywhere. It blocks off the egr on the header - you are correct. Im sure sponsors have them or you could fab up your own. And to get the code programmed out it will cost you about $50 at a performance shop. The dumb $500 he quoted you would be for a full dyno tune.
    Id love to get a full tune, but I know of NO ONE around the palm beach area.

Iraq money well spent. TRY ME GT's Avatar

Black on Black
    2000 Camaro SS M6

A good tune is well worth the drive. I drove 2 hours for mine and gained ALOT of power! You wouldnt believe what a good tune can do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information