How to make your TD's?

This is a discussion on How to make your TD's? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; hey guys i got sum lt pacesetter headers but i wanna put on the texas speed Td set up. but ...

T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

How to make your TD's?

hey guys i got sum lt pacesetter headers but i wanna put on the texas speed Td set up. but i cant afford another 400 right now so i was wondering if its possible or better to make my own td pipes? and how much would i spend doing this? im dying for my exhaust

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by wanna_lS1 View Post
    hey guys i got sum lt pacesetter headers but i wanna put on the texas speed Td set up. but i cant afford another 400 right now so i was wondering if its possible or better to make my own td pipes? and how much would i spend doing this? im dying for my exhaust
    I am in the same boat as you are. I just got LTs in on monday and now I want to put them on. I need a ypipe to match up with my LM1 or go with the tsp tds setup. I have looked at many exhausts through pictures and it looks very possible to make your own tds. As far as cost goes it all depends on what tools you have. Do you have a welder and a pipe bender?

My dream of making my own exhaust ended with how do i bend the damn pipe to fit. I am gonna save up and buy the td kit from tsp

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Its possible, if you have the tools etc.. but you cant go wrong with the Texas spd TD setup. Remember the TDs from texas speed comes with your choice bullet mufflers so that a few $ there.

OMGls1jz
    you can make your own custom true duel setup, just go to a muffler shop and have them do it or go to a semi truck shop and by the bends then take it to a muffler shop to get welded. thats what i plan on doing

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

just get 2 magnaflow mufflers, about 200 bucks, then take your shit to the local muffler shop, and get under your car with him and explain what it is you want done. im sure you guys will come up with something.

hugger orange

it cost me $70 for two 10 foot pieces of 3" pipe at a local shop $90 each for a set of flowmaster super 44's. if you want to go cheaper just get two pieces of 6 foot pipe and $18 each bullet mufflers from summit and dump it infront of your axel....good, loud and cheap

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    it cost me $70 for two 10 foot pieces of 3" pipe at a local shop $90 each for a set of flowmaster super 44's. if you want to go cheaper just get two pieces of 6 foot pipe and $18 each bullet mufflers from summit and dump it infront of your axel....good, loud and cheap
    good thought I will go check out the local guy never thought of doing it that way

Thread Information