how do i post pictures?

This is a discussion on how do i post pictures? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i need help with my wiring for a cut out and i want to post pictures. How do i do ...

unicyclemidget11

how do i post pictures?

i need help with my wiring for a cut out and i want to post pictures. How do i do this?
    thanks

Maybe we can help without pics - I've installed the QTP a couple times.

unicyclemidget11
    alright. i bought a cut out from street pro. From the cut out there is two wires, a black one and a white one. From the switch there is four wires. Two short and two long wires. Each set consists of a black and red wire. Now which wires hook up to where? I'm assuming the longer wires will connect to the cut out but what color to what color? And also, where can I hook up the (i'm assuming the shorter set) wires from the switch for power to use the thing? I think it said I need a 10 amp source.Where can i hook up for this?
    There's a diagram on the street pro site. I can't post the link because i haven't posted enough.
    i only have one cut out to hook up. Can you help me?
    thanks

Is this the wiring diagram you're looking at? www.streetpro.us/SSWireDiagram.html

unicyclemidget11
    yeah. im assuming the short red goes to a 10 amp power source. The short black is grounded somewhere. The long red hooks up with the white wire from the cut out and the black wire from the switch hooks up to the black wire from the cut out. Correct? Where can i hook up for the 10 amps? Where can i ground it?
    thanks

Wish that diagram gave the colors of the wires coming off the cutout motor - but it's a momentary switch and shouldn't make any difference - says you can't wire it wrong. I believe you're correct on the wires to the motor. Depending on where you mount your switch you need power (red wire with the inline fuse) from a "switched" power source. I extended it and ran it under the carpet to the radio fuse - you can also use the pink wire behind the TCS switch (think it has power to the connector even if you car doesn't have it). For ground I extended the black wire and tapped into the black wire off the cig lighter. Since both switch wires are short you'll probably have to use butt splices and some wire to extend them. Hope this helps...if you make a mistake it'll just blow the inline fuse from the switch.

unicyclemidget11
    so can i tap into a power source that is more than 10amps but it can be less than 10amps correct? what do you mean to the radio fuse? you mean the wire coming out of that fuse?

Read there somewhere the switch power has an inline 5 AMP fuse, so it if draws more than that it'll blow. 15 AMP radio fuse is fine for power. I just stripped the wire back, removed fuse, stuck the wire in one side and used the fuse to hold it in.

unicyclemidget11
    alright, thanks. ill tell you how it goes. doing it friday.

White with silver stripes
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i put a qtp cutout on my car, (2000 ws6). i dont know what kind of car your putting this on but if its an fbody then you can do it like this... i used the positive wire(pink) from the cig lighter on the center console for my power source and the negative(black) wire for the ground. The cig lighter still works fine and pushes enough power for the cuout motor. I dont have traction control so i was able to mount the switch on the driver's side of the center console about an inch above the carpet.

unicyclemidget11
    how many amps are going to the cig lighter? it says i need a 10 amp source. its an 02 firehawk with t/c.

White with silver stripes
    2000 Trans Am WS6

ok i looked at the old instructions and it didnt say anything about amps. it just said connect to a 12volt power source. and the positive wire(pink) was for the traction control - not to the cig lighter, but i did use the negative(black) wire from the cig lighter for a ground. i dont have tcs on my car but the wire was there just not connected to anything that i could see. the qtp switch had a fuse holder on the hot wire which i connected to the t/c wire. does your switch have a fuse/?.

Thread Information