Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Horrible Gas Mileage And Rough Driving

This is a discussion on Horrible Gas Mileage And Rough Driving within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by AF1Strider ok, well i dont have a advance auto parts where im stationed, we have pep boys, ...

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by AF1Strider View Post
    ok, well i dont have a advance auto parts where im stationed, we have pep boys, napa, autozone, and a checkers, so i guess ill try checkers. if GM sells them i got qouted $151 a piece for those O2's is that right?
    I will check for you, are they the forward or the rear O2 sensors?

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

i need the upstreams.

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

ok, well i dont have a advance auto parts where im stationed, we have pep boys, napa, autozone, and a checkers, so i guess ill try checkers. if GM sells them i got qouted $151 a piece for those O2's is that right?
    Hell no. How about $150 together. Check out this: http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ I get all my replacement (OEM) parts here.

oxygen sensor, 5.7l, right 98-02 list $145.13 cost $75.47

Electrical - Powertrain control - Oxygen sensor

oxygen sensor, 5.7l, left 98-02 list $140.58 cost $73.10

Electrical - Powertrain control - Oxygen sensor

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

wow yea, he said $151 but he could give them to me for $130 (military) so i was kinda shocked considering i get the bosch for a little less then $60 a piece.

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

Well here is a update. on lunch i took my car to the auto shop on base to do a oil change, and looked at the o2 sensors. i didnt take them out or anything, but the wiress are ok, nothing is burned or anything. so im gonna hook a volt meter to them and watch the voltages in them and see what happens, i hope that will shop what is wrong with it.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

You can probably get both from GMdirect for $150 total, like someone mentioned already. $150/per is ridiculous to pay honestly.

Well here is a update. on lunch i took my car to the auto shop on base to do a oil change, and looked at the o2 sensors. i didnt take them out or anything, but the wiress are ok, nothing is burned or anything. so im gonna hook a volt meter to them and watch the voltages in them and see what happens, i hope that will shop what is wrong with it.
    You will not be able to tell anything from visually inspecting them. Buy the new sensor, jack up your car, use a crescent wrench or a oxygen sensor socket to remove the old one, unplug it from the harness, screw in the new one, plug it in and be done with it. Your car will run like new again once you get the bad oxygen sensor out of there. Be sure to let the exhaust cool down before you go to remove the old one

You are making this much harder than it will be

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

what i ment by checking visually was, to make sure none of the wires or anything got burnt to the headers, because that could have been the problem. but they werent so im just gonna have to replace them again. because i replaced the o2 sensors at the same time i did the headers and ory pipe install.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I will check for you, are they the forward or the rear O2 sensors?
    They are the same, fronts and rears, Your gonna throw codes for the rear two until you have them deleted or sims put in. Did you use extensions for the front or did you splice the wires together?
    Try taking the sensors that were in the rear and put them up front and drive through a few cycles and see if it clears up.
    Also like said above your gonna need to get those leaks fixed, Befor they eat thru plug wires or something you dont want it too.
    J

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

Yea leaks are fixed. i dont have any of the old o2 sensors. and i bought extensions but am only using a extenstion on one side instead of both.

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

Update

ok so this past weekend i got under the car and took out o2 sensors and cleaned them off, bent the slits out a little more and reinstalled my o2 extension set. The car was running great again.gas mileage was back up no idle or drving problems. So then sunday night i was drving it and i go to give it gas and the RPM just drop and the car stalls. I starts it back up and give it WOT and the RPMS just drop to around 200.. the car tries to stay alive but just dies. Now the car will do it when it is cold, or when i first start it. it feels as if it is running to lean and when i give it gas its just to much and air the car dies. Im thinking MAF maybe?? any suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information