Midnight Blue
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

High Performance Mod Chip / IAT Sensor

I recently purchased an aftermarket high performance mod chip that fuses in with the IAT Sensor. According to the installation instructions, the IAT Sensor is located in between the MAF and TB and you are seeking the brightest colored wire. In some cases it says the MAF and IAT Sensor are combined in one unit/plug. The only thing I see around that area that would remotely be what I am looking for is that plug connected to the MAF which has red/black/yellow wires coming out.

Before I decide to cut this yellow wire and splice in the mod chip, has anyone else already installed one of these and know exactly what wire I should be looking for? I am seeking advice friends.....

The unit I purchased is from Tweaked Motorsports.

Thanks!

NBM
    1998Z28

You IAT is that little senser that is usually located on the lid of your air intake. Sounds like what you have is a resistor that supose to give you more timing I think. I believe IAT stands for INCOMING AIR TEMPATURE sensor.

Run what you brung

Black
    2002 Transam

DO NOT INSTALL THAT!!!!!!!!!

you will then be messing with your tune Via fooling it to believe that your air coming into the engine is colder than it really is thus advancing your Timing way too far and will cause the motor to run lean. and if you dont know what that means it means you will start burning holes in the top of your pistons. If you want more performance the Proper way look into getting the car tuned, and dont buy into some ad that says you will gain 20 more hp/tq by Splicing BS into your wiring harnesses. im also positive this device will cause your engine light to come on because the readings will not be right at all to the PCM.

i assume this is what was purchased http://www.horsepowerchip.com/default.html
    Raven 2002 Trans Am,
    Built LS1/TH400
    508.8 hp
    521.7 Tq
    http://www.fquick.com/Raven02TA
    "The Bullsh*t stops when the Green light pops"

Midnight Blue
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Since the instructions say to look for the sensor/plug in between the MAF and
    TB, so because of that, I didn't think to look any closer to the intake itself.
    I have an aftermarket Volant Cold Air Intake System installed, but that shouldn't matter,
    the sensor/plug should still be connected to it. Thanks for the tip!

Has anyone installed one of these mod chips before and can you verify this is the correct
    sensor/plug to splice into? Additionally, which color do I cut?

Thanks!

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Since the instructions say to look for the sensor/plug in between the MAF and
    TB, so because of that, I didn't think to look any closer to the intake itself.
    I have an aftermarket Volant Cold Air Intake System installed, but that shouldn't matter,
    the sensor/plug should still be connected to it. Thanks for the tip!

Has anyone installed one of these mod chips before and can you verify this is the correct
    sensor/plug to splice into? Additionally, which color do I cut?

Thanks!
    youll be lucky to find anybody whos installed that.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Run what you brung

Black
    2002 Transam

send it back and get your money back from them..... if you really want to do it i could show you how to do it for less than $1 all it is is a little resister inside of a big box with fancy looking stuff that does nothing and if you are lucky will gain 3 hp with that mod at all.

Midnight Blue
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

DO NOT INSTALL THAT!!!!!!!!!

you will then be messing with your tune Via fooling it to believe that your air coming into the engine is colder than it really is thus advancing your Timing way too far and will cause the motor to run lean. and if you dont know what that means it means you will start burning holes in the top of your pistons. If you want more performance the Proper way look into getting the car tuned, and dont buy into some ad that says you will gain 20 more hp/tq by Splicing BS into your wiring harnesses. im also positive this device will cause your engine light to come on because the readings will not be right at all to the PCM.
    Thank you much for the heads up. I just happened to come accross the item on ebay. I wasn't really looking for a cheapie fixer-upper, just figured every little bit helps. I appreciate the information guys.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Sorry to dissappoint anyone here , but you know it really does work!! STOCK engines only of course with no programing/tuners really involved. It will work great but youll end up wanting way more, so return it and get a Predetor tuner and thank me later!!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Wont work. It's a turd. Haven't heard about those things since like 2000. lol

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Thats because you never bought one!!!! Horsepower gains are significant (3-8 hp). Besides, they are dirt cheap and next to free horsepower, pound for pound, and for 25.00 bucks, well worth it! What other mod. do you think can do this, and at that price!! It was great when I had it, but like I said before, some is never enough!, handheld tuners do a great deal more and stay with you and your car. Dyno tunes are the best however!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

You get about 10hp from a dynotune on a stock car. 8 from the timing tricker is laughable.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Only other mod. comparable to that price might be a K&N filter!!!!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by jrgswhitels1 View Post
    Only other mod. comparable to that price might be a K&N filter!!!!
    Which gives you 15hp right?

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Sure depending on certain models!! But even filters can eventually cost you power at a rate that might be disconcernable to most and influence the discreet a that same notion!!!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Man I want some of what your smokin.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Remember, as you drive, you also consume!! Consume dirt and other contaminates that will eventually depreciate power levels. Ever seen a 400 rear hp. Camaro dyno 376 hp!! I did. Owner freaked and couldnt believe it did that little, especially since he had the car dynoed 6 months ago. They pulled the car off the rollers and a tuner guy from the crowd suggested to look at the filter! That freakin thing was pretty bad!! He made 393 horses with NO filter!! Weird huh!!

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Sorry dude, dont smoke that yet!! But when I retire, I WILL !!! LOL !!!!

Thread Information