Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Help on wiring for DMH e-cutout

Does anyone have any advice for wiring up the electric cutout in a fourth gen? I'm not sure where the best place is to enter the interior of the car with the wires. Do I have to cut a hole in the floor?
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

You have a few options. The ttwo mos common entry points are the shifter hole or the hole under the rear seats under the carpet.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    You have a few options. The ttwo mos common entry points are the shifter hole or the hole under the rear seats under the carpet.
    There's a nice rubber gromment there for you.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Pics of my DMH install in this thread: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137873 I ran through the grommet and under the carpet into the center console. The switch is mounted in the back of the ashtray insert. I originally pulled power from the only open circuit in the driver side fuse fuse panel. I have since moved this to the underhood panel as I had additional accessories to power.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Pics of my DMH install in this thread: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137873 I ran through the grommet and under the carpet into the center console. The switch is mounted in the back of the ashtray insert. I originally pulled power from the only open circuit in the driver side fuse fuse panel. I have since moved this to the underhood panel as I had additional accessories to power.
    I finished installing my cutout the other day and I love it! I dont have the TCS switch on my car and used its powersource to power my switch. It couldn't have worked out better. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Where did you get that short turn down that you have bolted on to your cutout. I think I'd like to get that and throw it on soon. My car back fires a lil more often with the cutout open and i dont want to shoot flames out randomly from the cutout towards the underneath of my car.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    I finished installing my cutout the other day and I love it! I dont have the TCS switch on my car and used its powersource to power my switch. It couldn't have worked out better. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Where did you get that short turn down that you have bolted on to your cutout. I think I'd like to get that and throw it on soon. My car back fires a lil more often with the cutout open and i dont want to shoot flames out randomly from the cutout towards the underneath of my car.

That was purchased from another member who had one on his car. They are sold in sets so he had a spare. I think he bought it from Jeg's.

Thread Information