White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Help me, install.

Well if anyone can help me and has had experience doing LT's on a Camaro 98-2002 please let me know. Ive got a price on labor from a mechanic but if someone can help me install my LT's, ORY and spark plugs i will pay him 150.00 plus provide the beer and also help out. If someone can help me and is good at installing LT's please let me know, ive heard people say the second time around they can do it much faster and easier or they now know how to do it much better then the first time and im more then willing to help and ofcourse pay for the help. I want to learn myself.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Medium Red Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Your in Glendale Az?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Im in Tujunga, Ca close to Glendale ca. Im gonna have to edit that, sorry.

Medium Red Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

ok, thats a little to far for me lol. good luck man

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Not sure if you have seen this or not, but it may be helpful to you:

http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117548

silver
    2000 formula

just like being a prison bitch....the 1st time is always the worst............150$? wish i was closer

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

take the challenge on yourself, i did, its not that bad. take your time. You will feel great after your knowing you did it yourself and learn some things about your car.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

just get a buddy whose mechanically smart enough to hand you the tools and stuff. thats what im gonna do

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Id love to do it on my own but i cant afford to spend the time and getting stuck or taking too long too do it since its pretty much my daily driver. I wanted to do it on my off day but leaves little room for error i have to finish it on that same day. If someone can help me out id appreciate it and they wont be doing it for free i will pay and help out at the same time, also a pretty good excuse drinking some beers.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

If you don't have much time then I wouldn't even attempt to do it until you have atleast 2 days. Even with a retarded friend take some time.
    If you are somewhat knowledgable just knock it out on a weekend man.

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    If you don't have much time then I wouldn't even attempt to do it until you have atleast 2 days. Even with a retarded friend take some time.
    If you are somewhat knowledgable just knock it out on a weekend man.
    ^^^what he said. always set time aside for mishaps or things going wrong. Expect the unexpected, and keep your fingers and toes crossed when removing the old manifold bolts. once your past that, it should be a breeze

red
    99 camaro

^^^ exactly... break the mani bolts loose from the top before anything else. It can be done in an hour or so at the most, even a day before the change is to take place, just so you will know that part of the job will go smooth. Id get a sawzall with a good metal cutting blade and just cut the ypipe off because the bolts on mine never come out all the way without breaking after I have spent 2-3 min working the bolts back and fourth trying to get em out and wasting time... Change the motor mounts while youre there because the headers will have to come back out later if mounts need to be changed!!!

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by JRENIGAR View Post
    ^^^ exactly... break the mani bolts loose from the top before anything else. It can be done in an hour or so at the most, even a day before the change is to take place, just so you will know that part of the job will go smooth. Id get a sawzall with a good metal cutting blade and just cut the ypipe off because the bolts on mine never come out all the way without breaking after I have spent 2-3 min working the bolts back and fourth trying to get em out and wasting time... Change the motor mounts while youre there because the headers will have to come back out later if mounts need to be changed!!!
    All of my bolts came out easy. Just had to use a little strength and PB buster stuff

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Quote Originally Posted by JRENIGAR View Post
    x2 on the mounts, you will gain some clearance by putting new mounts in there and avoid rubbing/banging issues. IMO and iam sure everyone else will agree that changing the mounts is a must when doing a header swap, you wont be sorry

red
    99 camaro

^^^ I agree...

Thread Information