Sebring Silver
    1998 Z28

Help after plug and wire swap

I just finished replacing my plugs and wires (except #8) and after I finished I heard a ticking noise after turning the car off. I'm assuming its just a loose wire, but could it also be a loose plug? I was not able to get a torque wrench in there so I just tightened them a quarter turn past hand tight. How tight should I make the plugs?

BLUE
    02 TRANS AM

Why did you leave # 8 in? You have to make your way back there and get it. It sounds like you broke a plug. The porcelin around the plug is VERY tender. Get the panties out of your crack and hit the # 8 plug. J/K. Good luck,take your time, for a first timer it will take about 1 hr just for the # 8 plug. You will get better.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Ticking noise after you turn the car off? Sounds like something besides spark plugs, you have to just find it when you shut the car off. And 1/4 turn after they seat should be fine. When I put my headers on, a friend helped re-install the spark plugs, I heard a ticking sound when the car was running, turned out to be a slightly loose spark plug.

Sebring Silver
    1998 Z28

Yea thanks for the help. I got to the last plug just having some trouble pulling the wire off the plug. Plus I snapped the wire so I have to get it done today. Any advice to getting more room in there? I took of the coil packs and the AIR pipe. Going to try again later once I'm less frustrated and my arms dont hurt as much.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by stevesbucs205 View Post
    Yea thanks for the help. I got to the last plug just having some trouble pulling the wire off the plug. Plus I snapped the wire so I have to get it done today. Any advice to getting more room in there? I took of the coil packs and the AIR pipe. Going to try again later once I'm less frustrated and my arms dont hurt as much.
    Did you try getting it from the bottom?? Thats how I managed to get the number 8 plug in, flex extension and 3/8 drive ratchet from the bottom.

Thread Information