Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Headers & ORY Installed

This is a discussion on Headers & ORY Installed within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by RedSmokey I found a deal on a set of pacesetters that i will hopefully be getting in ...

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by RedSmokey View Post
    I found a deal on a set of pacesetters that i will hopefully be getting in the next couple days. Thanks for the thread and the info. I will be contacting texas speed for their high-flo catted Y for the headers. You got texas speed brand ORY correct? I am sure that the catted would fit the same since its for teh same application.
    I have the pacesetter + TSP catted y pipe combo. After install on a lowered car, I had 2" ground clearance at the cats. Right now I'm running lowered front springs with stock rears, which gives right at 3" clearance.

If I had to do again, I would try and find a catted y that's 2 1/2 in diameter instead of the 3" for the additional clearance, or better yet dual 2 1/2.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Hey,

Got my headers on, working on the y-pipe now. Did you have to cut any part of the pipe that connects to the y-pipe to make it fit?

Seems like when I have the y-pipe connected to the headers, it is too long to make it on the pie that heads out the back..

Thanks

Don

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I had to do some grinding to get an existing piece to fit into the new y. No cutting though. What catback are you running? Going 3" from y to 2 1/2?

Yellow
    2002 CETA

I have the magnaflow cat back, Pacesetter LT and Texas Speed ORY.

Almost have the top end done. Ran into a problem with the dipstick bolt. It seems to tighten up about 1/4" from the block. I am afraid I am going to break it off in there. I stuck a piece of wire in the hole to see how deep it was and it is deeper than the bolt is long. I have tried it twice now, and the bolt gets real tight about 1/4" from the block.

I think I am going to put some spacer there and be done with it. I know I have the correct bolt, as I left it in the bolt hole on the tube when I took it out.

Don

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Well I figured out the dipstick bolt problem. The washer part of the bolt is hitting the flange on the header...sigh

Don

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by donman View Post
    Hey,

Got my headers on, working on the y-pipe now. Did you have to cut any part of the pipe that connects to the y-pipe to make it fit?

Seems like when I have the y-pipe connected to the headers, it is too long to make it on the pie that heads out the back..

Thanks

Don
    Yes I had too. I went to O'Reillys and got a coupler and 2 U brakets.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

do you know how much you cut out?

And did you cut it in the middle of the pipe leaving the Y-pipe merge to the cat-back?

Thanks

Don

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by donman View Post
    do you know how much you cut out?

And did you cut it in the middle of the pipe leaving the Y-pipe merge to the cat-back?

Thanks

Don
    I have no Cat back. I put the Y-pipe all together, then marked where I need to cut the Y-pipe.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I have no Cat back. I put the Y-pipe all together, then marked where I need to cut the Y-pipe.
    Guys,

I called Texas Speed and they said with my setup everything should bolt up with no cutting. So I went back under there tonight and took the advice from another post and band band clamped a couple of the Y-piipe fitting together so it was nice and tight. Next I attached the I-pip and the over the axel pipe went in with a little help from a rubber mallet..Now it is time to put the rest on and see what I need to adjust.

I appreciate all the posts and help..

My setup - Pacesetter LT, Texas Speed ORY, Magnaflow 16723 Catback. I will post pics when it is done...

Man yesterday I could not get it to fit worth a darn and today it come together...

Thanks

Don

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information