Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Which Headers? Hooker or Kooks

This is a discussion on Which Headers? Hooker or Kooks within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Well all I can say to that is some have time to waste talking on the phone forever to get ...

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Well all I can say to that is some have time to waste talking on the phone forever to get a sale others are busy as could be and get tired of talking to tire kickers all day.

I already know what I want to order so I have never needed there help in that dept. so couldn't tell you.

Alot of shops don't waste the money to have a person that can BS on the phone all day. Can you imagine the number of stupid phone calls Kooks gets a day. . . . . . . .

So to base your statement off of your 1 experience doesn't make it a fact!!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    I talked to both the guys from kooks and ARH, kooks customer service acts as if they dont need your service as if their superior. ARH is willing to go over everything with you as if your a human being. FACT
    Wow I never realized. I guess unless LS2uner quits using Kooks and all of us sell are headers and get ARHs we're all just stupid. Use whatever you want, we don't care. Let it go.

Red
    2001 ws6

i dont care what you use, i never said kooks were bad headers, i would just like to see something to support your statement that kooks are "the best" headers out there. MOST headers are going to provide you with about the same exact HP numbers. SLP and kooks are going to turn out similar if not the same HP numbers. Then it comes down to fitment, clearance, etc.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

i dont care what you use, i never said kooks were bad headers, i would just like to see something to support your statement that kooks are "the best" headers out there. MOST headers are going to provide you with about the same exact HP numbers. SLP and kooks are going to turn out similar if not the same HP numbers. Then it comes down to fitment, clearance, etc.
    KOOKs are great headers but in reality they are almost exactly the same to ARH, one just costs a little more than the other, and one has a different merge collector other than that......

Still I dont have enough faith even in the design or reputation of SLP to believe that they make a header as well as KOOKs or ARH or even Hooker.

Red
    2001 ws6

not saying the design is the best but if your ONLY looking at HP numbers they will all produce around the same

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Top 3 may be fact but what does that mean? Big deal. I'm not aware that Kooks has ever had any fitment issues, nor that ARH fits "better". Not a fact.
    As for 5, never heard of any issues with Kooks or their customer service. (not a fact)
    i dont wanna be the first guy to start throwing out big names in defense of my opinion or what have you, but call matt murphy mr gmmg himself, ask him what he thinks about kooks. banging the floor board, having to cut the k member on someones 100k super camaro. heating the bends to make them fit without rubbing, and then ask him how they treated him. a big customer treated like shit by a bunch of big name up state new york assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin93 View Post
    +1 for the kooks, If you have the money go for the best. I saved till I could afford the kooks setup and couldnt be happier!!!!
    i agree, do what makes you happy
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Well I have Never had any issue with Kooks customer service. I have dealt with them for over 10 years. Not sure what you have heard. . . . . . .

What they told some idiot the wrong tube size to run after he exaggerated his motor. . . . . . . ?

Just curious as to what "customer service is horrible" means or some real world experience. Because in the 10 years I have dealt with them I have only had 2 headers I have ever sent back and that was due to pussy's behind the wheel after a big wheel stand and they got scared and lifted and the cars came down crushing the headers. And both of those times I had good service and quick turn around.
    agreed, basing opinions on 1 single experience is dumb. although every customer couldnt possibly be pleased, we can only hope kooks did their best to help each and every customer.
    I talked to both the guys from kooks and ARH, kooks customer service acts as if they dont need your service as if their superior. ARH is willing to go over everything with you as if your a human being. FACT
    agreed,
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Well all I can say to that is some have time to waste talking on the phone forever to get a sale others are busy as could be and get tired of talking to tire kickers all day.

I already know what I want to order so I have never needed there help in that dept. so couldn't tell you.

Alot of shops don't waste the money to have a person that can BS on the phone all day. Can you imagine the number of stupid phone calls Kooks gets a day. . . . . . . .

So to base your statement off of your 1 experience doesn't make it a fact!!
    this is also true. but also a solid salesman who is honest and personal able is an asset to any company be it small time or legendary company's like edelbrock. if they act to busy or important to take a minute to talk to you about your setup then in my eyes dont deserve your business.
    Quote Originally Posted by xzaero0 View Post
    KOOKs are great headers but in reality they are almost exactly the same to ARH, one just costs a little more than the other, and one has a different merge collector other than that......
    if amh headers fit better. flow better, have proven advantages with their merge and are cheaper, i think its obvious who has my vote.
    Still I dont have enough faith even in the design or reputation of SLP to believe that they make a header as well as KOOKs or ARH or even Hooker.
    honestly, slp doesn't need to waste time or money to try and compete with those two company's obviously they are just waiting for the guy with more money than sense. boasting exaggerated and corrected dyno charts to sell a product that everyone is so skeptical on since their last set of equal length headers,. like every other ls1 part that went trend crazy, slp had their day with guys seeking more than lids and catbacks. obviously all research and development for late model f body performance has been pushed aside, all us late model f body guys need from them are meaningless accessories and shirts and jackets. a true staple to any late model enthusiasts, but they are definitely not on the list of places to pick up power.

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

Jesus-tap dancing-christ....

Why is this debate still going on. Kooks and ARH will give you the SAME power. ARH goes in easier and has a better flowing y-pipe. The difference you will NOT feel or noticed unless you have big cubes or big power...even then it's only 5-10rwp on an 800hp application.

Sunset Orange
    2002 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by 2001ws6ta View Post
    I 'm deciding on one of these: Hooker long tubes or Kooks long tubes? Which ones should I get?
    Kook's ONLY.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information