Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

HEADERS .. the happy ending:)

This is a discussion on HEADERS .. the happy ending:) within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i'd swing that band clamp up a bit...

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i'd swing that band clamp up a bit

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    i'd swing that band clamp up a bit
    funny thing is that the driver side of the ypipe is lower than that clamp lol Ill probably mov it around when i decide on a muffler. Im still not sure if i want to do SLP LM2 or just get a different muffler. the flowmaster just still isnt doing it for me. It sounds alot better now with the cats on, but it still could sound meaner.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    funny thing is that the driver side of the ypipe is lower than that clamp lol Ill probably mov it around when i decide on a muffler. Im still not sure if i want to do SLP LM2 or just get a different muffler. the flowmaster just still isnt doing it for me. It sounds alot better now with the cats on, but it still could sound meaner.
    Always chasing that "perfect" sound, eh? I guess with our cars, you can't really get a real nice tone unless you go for true duals. I think I have a good tradeoff with my setup now tho. I've heard it from behind while my friend was driving it, I now know it sounds damn mean whenever I get on it, pretty civilized otherwise.

Red
    98 Trans Am

The newest sound with Highflowcats now[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Luuf9hqUG38"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Luuf9hqUG38[/ame]

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Sounds good. Have to wonder, tho, it wasn't so loud that the birds got quiet LOL.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Love the sound and if the birds were still chirping your good on the noise level.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Sounds good. Have to wonder, tho, it wasn't so loud that the birds got quiet LOL.
    They are used to it lol

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^Excellent.

Red
    98 Trans Am

I get my baby off the boat tomorrw!!! Get to test my car out on the autobahn soon WOOHOO! about to have my computer sent to frost when it gets here to complete the sexhaust upgrade (yes i said sexhaust lol)

Red
    98 Trans Am

welp 2 years running and the cheapo SS OBX lt headers are still running strong. no holes or broken AIR tubes, even have the blockoff plates in there with the AIR still bolted on for looks lol
    guess i got what i paid for lol unfortunatlreally i keep getting told that i need to switch to original manifolds for a rearmounted turbo ... dont want to have to do that

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    Alright its done. Should be here in a week or two. OBX Stainless Steel Headers 1 3/4 primaries (they list it as 1.75)and 3" collector, 360 total, ordering TSP ORY tomorrow for 127. Not too shavvy with Stainless headers. Lets see how i do
    I have the OBX stainless and was impressed with how thay were built as I to have a long background in welding, used GM gaskets, NO grinding, lossen 4 bolts from driverside mount on k member,remove oil filter and a little work to firewall behind heat shield(remove & return), should have ordered the whole set with resonators and Y nice set up and if you want cats down the road pop the resonators and bolt in cats, great ground clearence and nice price $522 shipped....good luck.....run them through a heat cycle and re torque when cool go 1lb more shouldn't leak

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    I have the OBX stainless and was impressed with how thay were built as I to have a long background in welding, used GM gaskets, NO grinding, lossen 4 bolts from driverside mount on k member,remove oil filter and a little work to firewall behind heat shield(remove & return), should have ordered the whole set with resonators and Y nice set up and if you want cats down the road pop the resonators and bolt in cats, great ground clearence and nice price $522 shipped....good luck.....run them through a heat cycle and re torque when cool go 1lb more shouldn't leak
    What a looser I am I replied to page one thinking it was a new post not one with 7pages long and 2 years!! Sorry good to hear the OBX's are holding up..makes me feel better about my set...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information