Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

headers on ebay? any exp?

This is a discussion on headers on ebay? any exp? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by firemedic0135 If they ever show up I am going to do a write up and hopefully have ...

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic0135 View Post
    If they ever show up I am going to do a write up and hopefully have a chance to make dyno pulls before and after.
    Awesome...man that is perfect. Why y-pipe and exhaust will you, do you, have?

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I recently bought a set from seller trendymens or something like that.
    unfortunantly they are lost in the mesquite hub of ups and I need them asap.
    oh well guess its just like anything I have ever had shipped by ups
    I am really getting to hate brown.
    what can brown do for you?
    For me they loose my shit and tear it up before delivery.
    THAT IS THE SELLER I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!! Those are the no name stainless headers...the guy told me he has about 40 sets or somethin like that. I've seen in the seller's feedback that some buyers have had stuff disappear in shipping. Only thing scaring me away from them!

And why does Jesus hate the Yankees? My fav. team even though they choke every post season

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

i have them, they were on the car when i bought it. but i have a jet hot y pipe and it fits
    M6, Lid, Ported and Polished Throttle Body (By Me!), LT, Custom Catted Y, Electric Cutout, PHB, LCA13.21@108 with a 2.3 60'

2000 Camaro SS
    1969 Z28 JL8 crossram, #'

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    dude that sucks, that seller was the one that cliamed they didn't know the manufacture but said they came from their USA supplier. Dude how do you sell a product and not know who made it or sold it to you. But at the price of 250 for "stainless" headers. It sure is tempting.

I emailed SSAutoChrome, again, and asked a ton of questions. I hope they answer me. According to their web site the headers are T321 stainless.
    Yeah, SSAutochrome makes the XS Stainless T321 headers. I'm not sure if the ones on Ebay for $239 are truly the XS headers but they might be. I wonder if that guy grabbed a bunch of headers cheap before the changes that are being made. I bought a set of used XS headers and they really are nice headers. They change color to a copper shade after going through heat cycles.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
    I bought a set of used XS headers and they really are nice headers. They change color to a copper shade after going through heat cycles.
    I love copper, man. I do specialty roofing, and we sometimes install copper gutter, fascia, roof panels, etc and I love the way it looks. Expensive as shit though. I'm pretty sure Copper half round gutter is like $10/ linear ft, and regular half round is like $3-4/ lin. ft. I wish they could make copper headers that were strong enough, and that could withstand the heat! Maybe I'll give er' a whirl lol

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

Awesome...man that is perfect. Why y-pipe and exhaust will you, do you, have?
    There will be no y-pipe just an h-pipe and side exits if I can make them look good.

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    THAT IS THE SELLER I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!! Those are the no name stainless headers...the guy told me he has about 40 sets or somethin like that. I've seen in the seller's feedback that some buyers have had stuff disappear in shipping. Only thing scaring me away from them!

And why does Jesus hate the Yankees? My fav. team even though they choke every post season
    Yeah It doesnt appear to be the sellers fault that they are missing in shipping but I can get no help or response from him either.He hasnt answered emails all week that I have sent to him.
    I will keep an update though.
    Oh and Jesus hates the yankees cause they are the yankees not cause they suck just cause they are the yankees .

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

dude that sounds sketchy, no return emails and "lost" in the mail. Did you get a tracking number? Don't be afraid to contact ebay help. I give an ebayer about 2-3 days and if i go 5 days with not a single email i drag ebay in.

Well I still hope to hear from SSAutoChrome directly. The ones I am looking at are 450 for the headers + Y. That is like 100 bucks less than the SSAutoChrome site itself. The 250 from the otehr seller seems too good to be true and makes me nervous.

Well, my rule is if you can't tell me who makes the product you're selling, i'm not buying no matter how cheap.

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

dude that sounds sketchy, no return emails and "lost" in the mail. Did you get a tracking number? Don't be afraid to contact ebay help. I give an ebayer about 2-3 days and if i go 5 days with not a single email i drag ebay in.

Well I still hope to hear from SSAutoChrome directly. The ones I am looking at are 450 for the headers + Y. That is like 100 bucks less than the SSAutoChrome site itself. The 250 from the otehr seller seems too good to be true and makes me nervous.

Well, my rule is if you can't tell me who makes the product you're selling, i'm not buying no matter how cheap.

Well I got this in an ebay mess tonight.

"Hello, we shipped the header on sameday and you nver contacted us about the shippment
    Good News Your Item Has Been Shipped By USPS "
    It follows with the same tracking number I got monday.
    His communication is sub par at best and I think he doesnt speak much english.
    And then to make matters worse I receive an email this morning that asks me to send him some pics of the headers installed for a free gift and some kinda discount
    Oh well I gotta give UPS 1-8 days to trace it then they will file a claim for the cost of the headers and I will just have to order another set from another seller if this guy doesnt get on the ball.

2000 Camaro SS
    1969 Z28 JL8 crossram, #'

Well I got this in an ebay mess tonight.

"Hello, we shipped the header on sameday and you nver contacted us about the shippment
    Good News Your Item Has Been Shipped By USPS "
    It follows with the same tracking number I got monday.
    His communication is sub par at best and I think he doesnt speak much english.
    And then to make matters worse I receive an email this morning that asks me to send him some pics of the headers installed for a free gift and some kinda discount
    Oh well I gotta give UPS 1-8 days to trace it then they will file a claim for the cost of the headers and I will just have to order another set from another seller if this guy doesnt get on the ball.
    Was is shipped by UPS or the Post Office(USPS)? Postal ground will be the longest shipping so that may be the issue. If you have a tracking # for UPS you can track it on their website and see where it is.

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

No he made a typo on the usps.
    the tracking number works on ups not usps.
    I can see its lost in mesquite ,Tx at the hub

Black
    2002 WS6

You can contact me for info on SSautochrome XS headers.
    lpp@tampabay.rr.com

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Yeah It doesnt appear to be the sellers fault that they are missing in shipping but I can get no help or response from him either.He hasnt answered emails all week that I have sent to him.
    I will keep an update though.
    Oh and Jesus hates the yankees cause they are the yankees not cause they suck just cause they are the yankees .
    That sucks, I hope everything works out for you. And I think you think Jesus hates the Yanks because they stol A-rod from the Rangers lol.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

man, what a mess, I hope the headers show up, good luck, fingers crossed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information