Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

headers on ebay? any exp?

Does any one have any exp with some of the stainless headers being sold on ebay?

Old saying, if it sounds to good to be true...

I don't see how someone can sell stainless headers for about $250.

What do you guys and gals think?

just do a simple key word search on ebay motors using camaro for the model and 1998-2002 for the year. You will generally see half a dozen or more at any one time.

thanks

kool-aide

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

i have the Ebay headers and they have been on my car for a year now. i personally have not had issues but some others have experienced the AIR/EGR fittings breaking off and trying to find a y-pipe that fits them, etc. typical LT header install issues really...

i had my AIR and EGR removed and welded over and bought a 2-piece Pacesetter y-pipe that i had fabricated to fit the headers. there is a brand out there that directly fits these headers but the name is eluding me...

2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

do you know the manufacture of the headers or would you PM me the ebay seller id? I have asked a couple of seller questions. Unfortunately on seller said they didn't know who the manufacture is, hmm... The other seller had the info.

thanks

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

BTW, that is one funny proverb in your signature.

Black
    2000 / SS

I just bought the Ceramic coated pacesetter LTs with the ory off ebay, im putting them on this weekend so i'll let ya' know!

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    do you know the manufacture of the headers or would you PM me the ebay seller id? I have asked a couple of seller questions. Unfortunately on seller said they didn't know who the manufacture is, hmm... The other seller had the info.

thanks
    they were originally made by SSAutoChrome...

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    they were originally made by SSAutoChrome...
    does any one still sell them? I'm going to google. Did you have any fit issues?

Ah, it said they were XS headers. The person I contacted on ebay said they were XS Power headers. Funny they use the same blue tarp photos.
    Last edited by kool-aide; 11-29-2007 at 01:59 PM.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

check down the list, I made a thread about this about a week or so ago. I got many different answers lol. They do look like SSAutoChrome headers, and the seller told me they didn't know the name either. Someone on here bought them also, and if the guy with Nov. COTM has them, they are probably good. They look nice, they're stainless, and VERY cheap, and I think I'm gonna go with em if I can scrape some cash together.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

yeah, the SS Chrome site says they are XS Power. You can see one ebay ad uses the same pics. It was the other seller that had SS LTs for like half the cost, no Y, but SS LTs for 250, um, that sounds to good to be true. They were the one's that said they didn't know the supplier. I have read some posts that say the XS Headers are ok and they like them.

But wouldn't ceramic be better for lower heat transfer over SS?

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

does any one still sell them? I'm going to google. Did you have any fit issues?

Ah, it said they were XS headers. The person I contacted on ebay said they were XS Power headers. Funny they use the same blue tarp photos.
    EBay headers = XS Headers, they are one in the same...

i personally had no issues other than the fact it was your typical LT header install that takes longer than you think. i didnt have to cut, notch or tweak anything on my car to make them fit...

what i did cut were: cut off the AIR and EGR provisions and had the holes welded over, and then had a 2-piece Pacesetter y-pipe modified to fit them to my existing SLP LM catback. (reason for showing the 2nd pic)...

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

yeah, the SS Chrome site says they are XS Power. You can see one ebay ad uses the same pics. It was the other seller that had SS LTs for like half the cost, no Y, but SS LTs for 250, um, that sounds to good to be true. They were the one's that said they didn't know the supplier. I have read some posts that say the XS Headers are ok and they like them.

But wouldn't ceramic be better for lower heat transfer over SS?
    yes, but i have NOT noticed any difference in heat transfer or over heating problems with these Stainless LT's...

Over time the coating on ceramic headers with flake and corrode off and the header will eventually start to rust. I didnt want that, that's why i went Stainless. A lot of the top name brand LT manufacturers use Stainless, so you tell me what the difference is between a $1300 set of Kooks to a $300 set of XS headers will do for you temperature wise. However, I can tell you what the $1000 difference in price will do to your wallet...

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

no kidding, that's why i posted the thread. about 500 bucks for headers and a Y versus 1300 bucks, hmm...

yeah your pics are very nice.

Since I would be, well want to, do the work myself. I am looking for something that doesn't require cutting my K member or any thing else.

yeah i agree with the ceramic. I'm liable to scratch the heck out of them getting them on. It just seems way to good to be true to see ss lts out there for a fraction of the others.

I've ahd my share of ebay buys that turned into ebay resells cuz things didn't fit or were not the right part. thank goodness it was low dollar items.

2000 Camaro SS
    1969 Z28 JL8 crossram, #'

Some of the Ebay headers are T409 stainless and some of T321(these are the real XS Stainless headers). The T321 is better than the T409. You should be able to use the TSP y-pipe with these headers if you don't get the header/y-pipe combo.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

i guess i forgot about the material quality. thanks for the reminder.

I should ask the seller if they know, won't hold my breath. I would assume since the seller gave me the company name and verified the web address. I could use the site to find out materials info. Only problem is you can't find a link to camaro parts on the site, lol..... and the site contact didn't contact me back, bummer.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    check down the list, I made a thread about this about a week or so ago. I got many different answers lol. They do look like SSAutoChrome headers, and the seller told me they didn't know the name either. Someone on here bought them also, and if the guy with Nov. COTM has them, they are probably good. They look nice, they're stainless, and VERY cheap, and I think I'm gonna go with em if I can scrape some cash together.
    Do you still have the post in your subscriptions list? I can't seem to find it by searching for ebay headers, thanks.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

hold the phone, I just went to http://xs-power.com/index.html which is the site the ebay seller said made the headers. When you click on contact you get an SSAutoChrome email address. I take it SSAutoChrome is the real manufacture? Or the other way around? They have the same email and fax number, but SSAutoChrome didn't list an address but say they are NC, so same state too. Wow, i guess learning to read really is important,

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

I recently bought a set from seller trendymens or something like that.
    unfortunantly they are lost in the mesquite hub of ups and I need them asap.
    oh well guess its just like anything I have ever had shipped by ups
    I am really getting to hate brown.
    what can brown do for you?
    For me they loose my shit and tear it up before delivery.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

dude that sucks, that seller was the one that cliamed they didn't know the manufacture but said they came from their USA supplier. Dude how do you sell a product and not know who made it or sold it to you. But at the price of 250 for "stainless" headers. It sure is tempting.

I emailed SSAutoChrome, again, and asked a ton of questions. I hope they answer me. According to their web site the headers are T321 stainless.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic0135 View Post
    I recently bought a set from seller trendymens or something like that.
    unfortunantly they are lost in the mesquite hub of ups and I need them asap.
    oh well guess its just like anything I have ever had shipped by ups
    I am really getting to hate brown.
    what can brown do for you?
    For me they loose my shit and tear it up before delivery.
    When they do show up, I would love to hear about the install. I emailed the seller to bug them again about who makes the headers and to see if they can get a matching y-pipe.

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

When they do show up, I would love to hear about the install. I emailed the seller to bug them again about who makes the headers and to see if they can get a matching y-pipe.
    If they ever show up I am going to do a write up and hopefully have a chance to make dyno pulls before and after.

Thread Information