Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Headers

This is a discussion on Headers within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Give the Edelbrock Victor Jr. Race headers with Tri Tech coating a look too. I had some put on my ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Give the Edelbrock Victor Jr. Race headers with Tri Tech coating a look too.
    I had some put on my car in Jan. and easy installation, fit like a glove and tuck up well. Price is very reasonable. I believe both Jegs and Summit carry them.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

REDRALLYEZ...do you have some pics to post up? I'd like to see some of the engine bay and how they look and from underneath the car and a side shot showing clearance.

I have a set of MAC mids and ORY 2.5" waiting to be installed but I would consider changing my mind if I could see how they look and tuck up under your car.

bight rallye red
    2000 Camaro Z28

I have a whole page devoted to my exhaust on my cardomain, be happy to let you see. click here

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

nice, and very clean. I think I will look into those headers. I think I will be posting my Mac mids for sale in the near future. You said the company 'claimed' a Pacesetter ORY would fit, correct? I'll look into a custom y-pipe fabrication as well. Thanks for the pics and you have one helluva nice ride!

bight rallye red
    2000 Camaro Z28

yeah they said pacesetter would fit, but on cardomains and forums ive seen TSP's too. still think the best option is definatley custom made. If yo udo that get a flowmaster y merge collector though, it'll make a huge difference in the sound between a crappy merge collector and a quality one, and i paid my bill today, exactly 300 for the install and ypipe incase you were still wondering.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Kooks

silver
    1998 trans am

all longtube headers are goin to make a good jump in hp on your car as in Seat of the pants feel to you .but i have heard bad things about slp im not ripping their product for i have a few of the parts but their headers hang very low to the ground and usualy skrape on my friends car .as for me i Went with Cermaic coated holly flowtech headers got them for around 350 the fit great nice and tuck withe the car and ppl may knock them but for the price and performance gains their are worth it i love mine and wouldnt trade them for any header out their

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

worth the money for kooks over pacesetters hurley? im inbetween pacesetters, kooks, and dynatechs.......how much extra horsepower do u think your getting with the kooks over the pacesetters? and hows the fit? i hear they tuck under real nice...thanks ..on yeah and are they 1 3/4 or 1 7/8ths?? dunno which i should go with as i have the lpe 383 package ....bout 400 to the wheels with stock exaust manifolds now. i hear with the 1 7/8s u get a few more horses but loose a good amt of tq?

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

oh ya and what kind of diff in sound can i expect??? with or w/out cats?? my car sounds pretty nasty as is with just the borla

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

REDRALLYEZ...i checked out your site, and all i can say is, very nice. do you happen to have a sound clip of your car with the cutouts closed? also what cat-back do you have? thanks.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

If your not getting stainless I'd get Pacesetters. Why pay more for a non stainless header?

Sunset Orange
    2002 TransAm

Kook's LT with an LS1 Edit tune. Just did it, you WILL feel a good difference.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

I bought Stainless works. Delivered today and here it is:

2K LPM Z28 M6- GMHTP StreetHeat feature Nov 12- Camaro Performers Readers' Rides feature Nov 12
    2K4 BS G35 sedan 5AT

Red
    '02 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by redrallyeZ View Post
    i'm not sure if youve ever heard of them, but the ebay headers. Ive got a set and they are AMAZING. Hooker sells the same ones for about $900 while these where about $370 shipped. SS autochrome makes them and they are great. Stainless steel so you dont have to worry about anything ever rusting out. go to ebay and type in ls1 headers and youll see them.
    No SH*T. I was wondering about those headers. Are they the ones that have a pic of the two headers standing up leaning on a pole, tip of flange to tip of flange? Did they have the O2 holes already in them? And do they come with the O2 extension wires?

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

I just got the ones that you are talking about. They will be coming in to me this wednesday. I got them for $299+$40 shipping. I'm pretty sure they come w/the front o2 bungs. Check out RRZ's weblink to his car and look at the pics. I was eyeing them hard and already had a new set of MAC mids/ORY and then changed my mind. I sold the MAC mids/ORY last week and went with these for true LT's to hopefully get closer to my goal of 400rwhp...
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

sunset orange
    02 SS M6

Bene,

LLet us know how they fit when they go in.

Thanks,

Erik
    05 HEMI Ram, 96 Eclipse GST, 02 SS.

I have the Corsa catback, still have the stock Y and Header.
    I am planning to drop the car 1.25 inches with the Eibach Pro Kit, so the mechanic tells me I can't do the LT Hooker and Y pipe after because I will loose and additional 1.5inches on top of the 1.25 already done with the springs so it would bottom out. question: is there any good LT or ST headers with Y pipe out there that won't eat in the clearance space? I'd like to lower the car 1.25 and get header and Y done as well but without losing any more clearance. I have a 1999 A4 TA.
    Thanks!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

hey redrallyeZ, first off, sweet-ass ride. On your install of your headers did you have to cut off the little piece of the block on the passenger side of the engine. also why did you take off your AIR system? is it necc. when doing the LTs?

White
    99 Z28

I want to go LT's with cats is it possible and does anyone have pics? Thanks -Dave

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

you can put CATS after the LT's unless you state mandates that the cats remain in their factory location. otherwise, you can place the cats right after the LT's before the y-pipe and all is good. I can't personally help you with pics because I just got my LT's today and don't have a y-pipe as of yet...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information