Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Headers

This is a discussion on Headers within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 Much better! props on the sticky! that so much more helpful. Still kinda waiting on the ...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    Much better! props on the sticky! that so much more helpful. Still kinda waiting on the Ebay Stainless anwser but all in all, in got a really good idea what i want an need.
    Are you asking about the quality of the stainless used in the Ebay Options? Im sure its stainless steel, No one is doubting that. But there are countless grades of SS. No way is the quality coming close to par with ARH/Kooks/QTP. Depending on the weather conditions your car see's, it might last for years before showing any signs of fatigue. So far, with the little reading I have done on the Ebay Options, It seems everyone is fairly satisfied with thier purchase. I have read the EGR tube should just be welded up right off the bat because of issues with them cracking.

Black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    how long have you had them? If memory serves me right Pacesetters only come painted or coated too.
    I've had the headers for about a year and a half. They are coated.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokaholik View Post
    are you lowered?
    I'm not lowered, which kinda sucks as I was thinking about doing that eventually. I think the headers play a role, but its prob also the 3 inch offroad y-pipe I have that adds to the low hang...its only on the driver side that hands a bit low.

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

ive got hooker stainless super comps. i like em. been on a year no rust. good fit.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    ive got hooker stainless super comps. i like em. been on a year no rust. good fit.
    Hey are the stainless built like the Ceramic coated ones? Im looking in to getting some and was wondering on the fitment and would a pacesetter ypipe hook up well to these or should i spen the extra coin and get the matching hooker y pipe
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 11-23-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Black
    2003 Z06 Corvette

Headers

I just Bought a set of ARH Headers Because good fitment is mandatory on my car also I don't want any welds giving out around the manifold.
    Stainless steel headers are Heavy ! I would have bought another set except I only know people with my same car that run kooks or ARH's thus I had no one to consult with, I just bought the headers only package because I will be welding up my own titanium mid section for about the same price the known brands sell their X-pipe mid section combos for,(weight Savings **** /// cool shit anyway
    My package includes ARH Headers, $850 1800* High temp coating $175 Spark plug Booty's $50 New header bolts $30 New exhaust manifold gaskets $31 for OEM, air tube block off plates made my own with gasket $10, temporary aluminized patch tubes to tie into my exisiting exaust system till I fab up the titanium one $30 includes flares to receive my sockets on my headers,one of our sponsers shops is near by so I will drop off my computer for a rear 02 delete, air delete,etc: and for the headers $150 thats $1326 For headers only
    Like I said before I would have went with another brand but I want good fitment and I don't want extra heat in the engine bay and I don't want screw around with a cheap set of headers like was on my last car PIA !

I am just giving this up to you in case someone is thinking about buying headers atleast this way you will know what your getting into.

βon

Red
    98 Trans Am

So now im stuck. I looking at a set of Ceramic coated Hookers with O2 extensions and hardware for 150 (bid) and im looking at the Pacsetters with o2, hardware, ypipe, and ceramic coated for 499 (buy it now) i want the hookers but it might cost me the same after getting a ypipe afterwards, im still waiting. 3 days to see if the bids low

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    So now im stuck. I looking at a set of Ceramic coated Hookers with O2 extensions and hardware for 150 (bid) and im looking at the Pacsetters with o2, hardware, ypipe, and ceramic coated for 499 (buy it now) i want the hookers but it might cost me the same after getting a ypipe afterwards, im still waiting. 3 days to see if the bids low
    The pacesetter y-pipe sucks
    Unless they fixed that problem the ypipe bangs and the merge on the pipes sucks I would either buy the hookers and get a TSP y or wait a little longer to find the pacesetters cheaper

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    The pacesetter y-pipe sucks
    Unless they fixed that problem the ypipe bangs and the merge on the pipes sucks I would either buy the hookers and get a TSP y or wait a little longer to find the pacesetters cheaper
    So the hooker are a better deal over all and how about their y-pipe. I looked on summit for hookers ypipe and it looks better. It sells brand new for 180. Im guessing if i can get the Hookers for 180ish and get ypipe for 180ish 360ish isnt bad for headers and ypipe. better than 500 for the pacesetters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information