Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headers

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Headers

Okay guys. Everyone on here has been great in lending their ideas.

Let me get your guys opinion on some headers. I've been looking at finally getting some LT's for my WS6, but I want tuned length for the low-mid range TQ. The set I'm leaning towards for the price is Flow Tech 1-3/4" ceramic coated Tuned length LT's. Has anyone heard anything about these? I know they're made by Holley which is reputable. I just don't want to spend over 1K on headers, cats, y-pipe. If I get these at $420 I'll end up getting AR Y-pipe w/cats for $550. that puts me right at 1K.

Thanks.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    Okay guys. Everyone on here has been great in lending their ideas.

Let me get your guys opinion on some headers. I've been looking at finally getting some LT's for my WS6, but I want tuned length for the low-mid range TQ. The set I'm leaning towards for the price is Flow Tech 1-3/4" ceramic coated Tuned length LT's. Has anyone heard anything about these? I know they're made by Holley which is reputable. I just don't want to spend over 1K on headers, cats, y-pipe. If I get these at $420 I'll end up getting AR Y-pipe w/cats for $550. that puts me right at 1K.

Thanks.
    Not to be a d!ck but the search feature of the site is your friend. There is about 4 million threads pertaining to headers..

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

whats 1 more? lol

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Not to be a d!ck but the search feature of the site is your friend. There is about 4 million threads pertaining to headers..
    While this is true... I did use the search feature and the only thread that talked about the particular headers I am leaning towards no one left any opinion or insight on them.

Thanks though. I realize I am a newbie and don't know every function of this forum, so thanks again for trying to help

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    true but alot of them FAIL to answer many questions. Everyone always says
    "oh buy Kooks or QTP and your golden"
    BUT then they tell you
    "oh yeah they're $1000+ and you still need to spend $200+ for y-pipe, O2 extentions, A TUNE, someone to do it if your not sure how, and then a cat back if you havnt already."

im looking to buy right now too. so im looking hard to find a good deal as well. so im listening intensly in this disccusion

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

i got stock manifolds so im listening too

Red
    98 Trans Am

im stll waiting on an answer about the Ebay SS headers i keep seeing on another thread. Maybe someone can enlighten us?
    Turbo build 99.9% complete

Black
    1998 Trans Am

ive also looked at the flowtechs and will most likely end up buying them cuz i get a discount where i work on them. but i havent found much info on them either

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

dont like posting non sponsor links, but you can find hooker headers which are practically the same as flowtechs for 360 shipped brand new and they come with bolts and O2 extentions. Can't beat that.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    dont like posting non sponsor links, but you can find hooker headers which are practically the same as flowtechs for 360 shipped brand new and they come with bolts and O2 extentions. Can't beat that.
    I have to admit i like how hooker (not a sponsor) even on ebay sells headers with the o2 extentions.

Speaking of Ebay, who are these RUK guys and whats with the $700+ headers they sell.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Pacesetter, Hooker, Ebay headers will all get the job done and cost a fraction. The downside is that they will rust and some might have fitment issues or hang to low for lowered cars.
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    true... As far as I know Hooker and Flowtech are both made by Holley. I like the Flowtechs a little better because they are tuned length rather than just straight LT's.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    I have to admit i like how hooker (not a sponsor) even on ebay sells headers with the o2 extentions.

Speaking of Ebay, who are these RUK guys and whats with the $700+ headers they sell.
    probably fly by nighters that have a weld torch and piping lol. Anyone with those materials can fab some and put any price tag they want on them. I've never heard of them

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I wouldn't get to caught up with the tuned length header idea. It is a good idea, but makes such a small improvement if any on the application you'll be running. Ever see SLP "tuned length" headers? Ill pass.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Pacesetter, Hooker, Ebay headers will all get the job done and cost a fraction. The downside is that they will rust and some might have fitment issues or hang to low for lowered cars.
    thats my fear is that they'll rust more than anything. I hate to spend the money on them just to replace them after a year. Thats why I'm trying to get quality ones that don't break the bank

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

thats my fear is that they'll rust more than anything. I hate to spend the money on them just to replace them after a year. Thats why I'm trying to get quality ones that don't break the bank
    Pacesetter coated.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

I wouldn't get to caught up with the tuned length header idea. It is a good idea, but makes such a small improvement if any on the application you'll be running. Ever see SLP "tuned length" headers? Ill pass.
    lol that's true. SLP's are the worst on the market though. they don't really fit well, so they are a hassle to install. plus they lower your ground clearance some 1.5 in. I like the idea of more trq in the low-mid range RPM rather mid-high. The way I see it the 5.7L and hp will take care of the mid-high

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

true... As far as I know Hooker and Flowtech are both made by Holley. I like the Flowtechs a little better because they are tuned length rather than just straight LT's.
    To the best of my knowledge so are hookers

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Pacesetter coated.
    I'll look into those. I think the flow techs also come either painted or ceramic coated.

Red
    98 Trans Am

lol that's true. SLP's are the worst on the market though. they don't really fit well, so they are a hassle to install. plus they lower your ground clearance some 1.5 in. I like the idea of more trq in the low-mid range RPM rather mid-high. The way I see it the 5.7L and hp will take care of the mid-high
    I have seen though that SLP has come out with new headers. They now have there "tuned" headers that still hang low and now they have non tuned staight headers that look like all the rest of them. Not a tangled mess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information