Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headers

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Headers

after finally getting on here and mentioning that i wanted to get the slp long tube headers package. a few members said that was not the best route. Too much money and not enough clearance. They sugguessted pacesetter, kooks, or jet hots. Yet the only package i can find is the slp. i want long tubes, high flos, and a y-pipe. could i avoid the clearance issue slp has by just getting the long tubes and high flos and having a custom y pipe? does any one have a full slp exhaust? and where can i find pacesetter, jethot, kooks packages?? thanks

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 2K2SLPSS View Post
    after finally getting on here and mentioning that i wanted to get the slp long tube headers package. a few members said that was not the best route. Too much money and not enough clearance. They sugguessted pacesetter, kooks, or jet hots. Yet the only package i can find is the slp. i want long tubes, high flos, and a y-pipe. could i avoid the clearance issue slp has by just getting the long tubes and high flos and having a custom y pipe? does any one have a full slp exhaust? and where can i find pacesetter, jethot, kooks packages?? thanks
    I went with the OBX stainless steal package on eBay and am more than happy with mine! It comes with the ORY-pipe and bolts right up to stock location. No converters though....

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

2000 Camaro B4C

why not just order all the parts together. i know that new era performance has all the pacesetter pipes. thats probably your best shot is to just order them all at once if you cant find the package.

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro SS

ok so i have given some thought about the headers and would orginally want to go with slp lt with cats and y pipe for about $1300. now everyone is telling me go a different route (pacesetter, hooker, jet hot, ebay) If slp has the clearance issues, should i just go with ebay lts and y pipe with no cats? so question is CATS or No CATS? Name Brand or No Name?

99' 30th Ann TA

It's truely all on how much money you're willing to spend... And what you care for... I personally would rather save my money longer and buy quality.... I got ARH's and couldn't be more happy with them.... But they weren't cheap...

And once again when it comes to Cats you have to look at it a few different ways....

Pros: More power, louder

Cons: Not fun with the T-top open, and for some, louder.....
    30th Anniversary Trans Am #0998
    B&B triflow exhaust, American Racing Headers, RPM Level V T-56, RPS clutch, LS6 intake, P&P TB, Hotchkis lower trailing, Panard Rod, Tower Brace, SFC's, and Swar Bar Kit, BMR Lowering Springs, HAL Adjustable Shocks and Coilovers, Powerslot Rotors

2000 Camaro B4C

im am really pleased with my pacesetter LS's and ORY...personally no cats is the only way to go, but some states require them so that is another thing to look into

also SLP is overpriced for almost all there parts.

i wouldnt go with the ebay lt's and ory becasue you never know how the alignment will be, if you go with a brand name its almost guarnteed that they will line right up.

its all about personal taste

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Z28boy2000 View Post
    im am really pleased with my pacesetter LS's and ORY...personally no cats is the only way to go, but some states require them so that is another thing to look into

also SLP is overpriced for almost all there parts.

i wouldnt go with the ebay lt's and ory becasue you never know how the alignment will be, if you go with a brand name its almost guarnteed that they will line right up.

its all about personal taste
    I went with eBay lt's and ory and mine are absolutely perfect. And everyone who got the same kit I did had no fitment issues what so ever.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

i went with hookers and they are decently priced. i went with the ceramic coated comp and ory. if you dont have emissions i would go with no cats for a couple more horse and a little cheeper. they tuck up nice too.
    Last edited by stephen02ws6; 02-10-2009 at 12:06 PM.

2000 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I went with eBay lt's and ory and mine are absolutely perfect. And everyone who got the same kit I did had no fitment issues what so ever.
    3 of my friends got that kit and they couldnt get them to align correctly...bad luck possibly but just wanted to let people know

they did ship them back and got another set of header sent out and those were good...
    2000 B4C Special Service Package Z28 - Kooks 1&7/8 Stepped 2'' - TSP Torquer V.2 - FAST 92/92 - BDR 4000 Conveter - Xtreme Trans Stage II - Full UMI Suspension - Pacesetter LT's - Comp Drag Shocks - Magnaflow - Cutout - ZO6 MAF - FTP LID - Street Tuned -

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Z28boy2000 View Post
    3 of my friends got that kit and they couldnt get them to align correctly...bad luck possibly but just wanted to let people know

they did ship them back and got another set of header sent out and those were good...
    Well they're not THAT bad then!!! lol All headers should be able to be somewhat aligned through doughnut gaskets and what not... but I had 0 problems with mine. AND they sound great!!!!

2000 Camaro B4C

yeah they defiantly do sound mean

pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

what do you mean with the cons on a T top car?

And I'm looking at the jet hot headers and catted y pipe to

lpparts.com, $600 headers and y pipe Stainless Steel, some people on here have those and like them check them out if you want

99' 30th Ann TA

Quote Originally Posted by Richy_Rich67 View Post
    what do you mean with the cons on a T top car?

And I'm looking at the jet hot headers and catted y pipe to
    well from expierence, when you don't have cats, and your sittting in your car with your t top open at a light or whatever, you can smell all the fumes and shit sometimes even burns your eyes... Cats serve a purpose, but... you lose power with em... so its a personal preference...

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ebdboudreaux View Post
    well from expierence, when you don't have cats, and your sittting in your car with your t top open at a light or whatever, you can smell all the fumes and shit sometimes even burns your eyes... Cats serve a purpose, but... you lose power with em... so its a personal preference...
    ive never smelled fumes at a stop light but i can drive throughs or enclosed areas.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by stephen02ws6 View Post
    i went with hookers and they are decently priced. i went with the ceramic coated comp and ory. if you dont have emissions i would go with no cats for a couple more horse and a little cheeper. they tuck up nice too.
    Love the fit of my Hooker coated. Tuck up real nice. The ORY I had to massage a bit to keep it up high also, but the end result is more ground clearance then the stock stuff.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

newera wil sell u american racing headers which are top notch in the 1300 range WITH high flow cats..........go with those

Black
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

I just got some slp headers #30051 on Ebay, but with no y pipe. Can I use any slp y pipe? Can I use stock cats or do I have to buy slp cats to make it work? I already have slp loudmouth exhaust. Any one please! help?

NBM
    2002 Firehawk T/A

i have high flow cats and the vapors smell really clean

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by ebdboudreaux View Post
    Yeah you do.. But is only 7-10hp..

Thread Information