Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

Header questions

so i have a borla cat back and i found a set of longtube headers for 120 from one of my buddies. I checked them out they are in almost new condition he bought them for 800. What all will i need and how hard is a header swap. I have heard many things bad and good. My car also has a tubular k member that the guy that had the car before me put on and supposely its for header clearance? I wanna either run turn downs or CME so should i do a y pipe into a muffler or just two mufflers with turndowns on the ends? and what mufflers? Just spit out what you got and how you like it!

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by claytonr View Post
    so i have a borla cat back and i found a set of longtube headers for 120 from one of my buddies. I checked them out they are in almost new condition he bought them for 800. What all will i need and how hard is a header swap. I have heard many things bad and good. My car also has a tubular k member that the guy that had the car before me put on and supposely its for header clearance? I wanna either run turn downs or CME so should i do a y pipe into a muffler or just two mufflers with turndowns on the ends? and what mufflers? Just spit out what you got and how you like it!
    Well first off the install isn't that bad a lift helps but can be done without one. A lot of people recommend doing plugs and wires with it too along with motor trans mounts. For the rest of the exhaust you will need others to input.

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    99 Z28

you will need a y pipe unless your buddy is letting you have his that would be the easiest, it will hook up to your borla, but you could probably sell that borla cat back and have more than enough left over to do true duels/turndowns and maybe even plugs and wires.

hugger orange

1st thing you want to do is take your temp sensor out of the front drivers side head before you start unbolting your manifolds.....lots of people hit and break the plug off of them while doing the header swap

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

how much more of a sound difference and power gain would it be to do true duals with mufflers no cats.. compared to y pipe into the borla catback??

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by claytonr View Post
    how much more of a sound difference and power gain would it be to do true duals with mufflers no cats.. compared to y pipe into the borla catback??
    you can get headers and a good off road Y (no cats) into a 4"single exhaust that will flow great. plenty of 10 second guys running single exhaust.
    as for sound, its all personal taste.....on average, the quieter it is, the more restrictive it is.....the louder it is (or should I say the more she hates it) the better it flows.......by the way, she really hates mine.....but i love it.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

ya i think ima just do a y pipe into the borla and dump it after the axel.

Thread Information