SOM
    2002 SS

Header Question : EGR delete? o2 ext ??

Ok so from what i gather I need o2 extensions ? I read in the sticky that they can be tuned out... is there a o2 bung further upstream in the header and one further back in the collector? is part # Bosch 13111 just for the rears that can be tuned out anyways? if so hell with spending $100 on something ill tune out anyways.

headers I got are non-ugly. i mean non-egr. what do I need to block off and remove all that emissions crap??

Also wanted to ask anyone know where i can buy Poly engine mounts? figured I'd have them installed too so i can tuck up the headers nice and not worry about the drivers side pipe banging the floor.

TIA
    Last edited by 5abivt; 03-16-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

LS1 cars have 4 02 sensors, 2 before the cats, 2 after the cats. Removing the cats does away with the rear ones, those are the ones you need to get tuned out.

The ones before the cats relocate with long tube headers and you need the extensions for those, or the Bosch 13111. Most people spend the $25-$30 on extensions and re-use the 02 sensors they already have. If you want to spend the bucks on those Bosch 13111, go right ahead, but you really don't need them if you purchase the extensions.

Since you already have the LS6 intake, and you got emission free headers, you don't need any block-off plates. Just yank out the AIR pump and all its hoses and have the associated codes turned off for the AIR and rear 02 sensors.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

You can also use Denso 234-4087. Some claim to have better results with those.

Get in touch with Markls1ta on here about the mounts, I'm sure he can get them. He doesn't have them listed on his site though.

SOM
    2002 SS

Thanks so much that explains alot. so I don't need the actual o2s I didnt realize i just need the extensions. anyone have part #s or where to buy extensions?

Also with the EGR im assuming it just pumps air to the exhaust for faster cat light up only? so no piping to the manifold at all?

thanks !

SOM
    2002 SS

For mounts I was looking at the prothane engie+trans combo. Im not too worried about vibration but I'd imagine this will definitely help with engine movement over stock? right now my 3" ory smacks the drivers side on wot and I dont want it happening with my new lts/y or I'll

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    Thanks so much that explains alot. so I don't need the actual o2s I didnt realize i just need the extensions. anyone have part #s or where to buy extensions?

Also with the EGR im assuming it just pumps air to the exhaust for faster cat light up only? so no piping to the manifold at all?

thanks !
    2001 doesn't have EGR. You meant Secondary A.I.R. And yes you don't need it or any of its piping.

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

ok so with teh egr i have an 02 it doesnt have egr but the headers i purchased do have egr fitting i bought a pair of egr gaskets and block offs...what do i weld onto it just the plates or both gaskets and block offs??

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    thanks !
    Since youre in toronto you should buy from marylandspeed.com
    List price is 20$ each and 6$ to ship. call them up and they wont charge you for seperate shipping. Plus it will only take a couple days since it is somewhat close.

silver
    2000 formula

as far as i know.....prothane are the only ones making poly MMs........no??? and i dont think my motor will be rocking around much with the polys now

Thread Information