Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 128
Like Tree1Likes

Header Install

This is a discussion on Header Install within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by SSnemesis When removing the AIR system, I noticed that the lines from the drivers side header to ...

  1. #21
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by SSnemesis View Post
    When removing the AIR system, I noticed that the lines from the drivers side header to behind the drivers side head to some type of t-bar then to the passenger side header. My question is is there anything that needs to be plugged or removed at the t-bar when removing this system?
    that sounds like your pcv...you need that.

  2. #22
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    that sounds like your pcv...you need that.
    part of the vaccum pump actually and it will cause a vaccum leak and throw codes unless it is capped.

  3. #23
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    part of the vaccum pump actually and it will cause a vaccum leak and throw codes unless it is capped.
    really i am not aware of that..unless he is talking about the fitting on the back of the intake manifold ..but then one goes to the brake booster and the other one is hvac tube that doesnt connect to the heads. oh well

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    3

    White
    2002 SS Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    part of the vaccum pump actually and it will cause a vaccum leak and throw codes unless it is capped.
    yeah I know that there is an area that needs to be capped because of this and I found a picture at one point. I'll look for it and see if I find it.

  5. #25
    Member camaroluvr447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    234

    Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

    I am getting ready to do a header and cat install and this post was really helpful! I still have a few questions though. I looked up the pace setter LT and TSP cat and y pipe combo kit he used, and my question is why is ceramic coated better that just regular? And are those cats high flows? here is a link to the site they are sold at if you want to take a look.

    http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=181

    Thanks!
    Last edited by camaroluvr447; 02-10-2010 at 05:53 AM. Reason: spelling

  6. #26
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by camaroluvr447 View Post
    I am getting ready to do a header and cat install and this post was really helpful! I still have a few questions though. I looked up the pace setter LT and TSP cat and y pipe combo kit he used, and my question is why is ceramic coated better that just regular? And are those cats high flows? here is a the link to the comb site.

    http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=181

    Thanks!

    Stainless > Ceramic > Paint. I have Dynomax Ceramic Coated headers on our Corvette, and so far they have held up well. Just have to be careful not to nick or scratch them during the install, just like with painted headers.

  7. #27
    Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,677
    2000 C5 Torch Red

    Yes, high flow cat's. They were the tsp like you mentioned but picked them up from kyspeed. I really am not a fan at all as I only had 2" ground clearance afterwards. I since raised the back end to stock again and still have right under 3" with the 3" catted y pipe. Sure would like to find a good 2.5" y-pipe or save up for some custom duals.

    Oh and to keep from scratching, I actually kept the headers in the bag until they were installed. Just have the open side where it bolts up and then you can slide it off once the headers are installed.

  8. #28
    Member camaroluvr447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    234

    Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

    how many inches of ground clearance does the maro have stock with no mods? thanks for the info!

  9. #29
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Nice right up..Iam about to buy LT's and ORY. Would it be better to put the car on a lift to install the Headers and ORY. If I replace the motor mounts how hard are them to replace.Should I go with Poly or stay with rubber..

  10. #30
    Member marksls1ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    pikeville, kentucky
    Posts
    701

    black
    1998 trans am

    lift makes it alot easier to do the headers. We have one and I hate to do them on the jack stands now lol. the mounts i have are poly and stiffen up the drivetrain some.

    Thanks,
    Mark

    KYSpeed.com | FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING | PRICE MATCH | EMAIL

    Kook's | American Racing Headers | Vararam | HallTech | Textralia | SPEC | McLeod | Raptor | Trick Flow | AFR | ECS
    | FAST | APS | TTi | Procharger | RPM Transmission | Comp | DMH | HP Tuners | PFADT | SLP | STS

  11. #31
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    really i am not aware of that..unless he is talking about the fitting on the back of the intake manifold ..but then one goes to the brake booster and the other one is hvac tube that doesnt connect to the heads. oh well
    exactly....vaccum....brakes.....

  12. #32
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by marksls1ta View Post
    lift makes it alot easier to do the headers. We have one and I hate to do them on the jack stands now lol. the mounts i have are poly and stiffen up the drivetrain some.

    Thanks,
    Mark
    Do ya sell the poly motor mounts for the ls1..When I do headers I mines well do the motor mounts also.

  13. #33
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL-LS1 View Post
    Do ya sell the poly motor mounts for the ls1..When I do headers I mines well do the motor mounts also.
    Poly mounts are nice...check your trans mount too...lots of people dont like the poly trans mount but I dont notice to be honest. And I hope yours line up better than mine did...

  14. #34
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Poly mounts are nice...check your trans mount too...lots of people dont like the poly trans mount but I dont notice to be honest. And I hope yours line up better than mine did...

    Ok everyone tells me when I do LT's do Ploy Motor Mounts. If I dont they say the headers will hit the car when I get on it..I will check my Trany Mount also...Thanks Jimmy.

  15. #35
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL-LS1 View Post
    Ok everyone tells me when I do LT's do Ploy Motor Mounts. If I dont they say the headers will hit the car when I get on it..I will check my Trany Mount also...Thanks Jimmy.
    Hoe many miles? And why not do them while the headers are off.

  16. #36
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Hoe many miles? And why not do them while the headers are off.
    My car only has 39,995 on it and its an 02. Ya Do them both in Poly and I dont have to worry about them..

  17. #37
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL-LS1 View Post
    My car only has 39,995 on it and its an 02. Ya Do them both in Poly and I dont have to worry about them..
    low miles so thats up to you? Pretty inexpensive but it was a good choice for me at 87k

  18. #38
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by SSnemesis View Post
    When removing the AIR system, I noticed that the lines from the drivers side header to behind the drivers side head to some type of t-bar then to the passenger side header. My question is is there anything that needs to be plugged or removed at the t-bar when removing this system?
    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    exactly....vaccum....brakes.....
    my bad ..i completely misinterpreted your post

  19. #39
    Member Joels1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dighton Massachusetts
    Posts
    219

    Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

    Ls1 Headers

    Purchase the American Racing headers an high flow cats.Were can I get the poly motor an trans mounts?Also are the vette o2 sensors just a stock item?

  20. #40
    Member bberretta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    665

    Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

    Bosch 13111 sensors are just stock Vette sensors- same as stock f-body sensor but a longer connector. Don't pay more han $100-$120 for them- eBay seems to have best prices. Mounts can be picked up from Summit, Jegs, or any number of places.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Install shop or DIY header install?
    By dethinboots in forum External Engine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 07:35 PM
  2. Post LT header install header issues
    By ob02z28 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 05:10 PM
  3. header install so cal?
    By sscamed in forum External Engine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 12:18 AM
  4. Header install, other
    By Tide in forum GTO
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 09:01 AM
  5. Header install
    By linegtdt52 in forum Parts Review
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 01:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •