Has anyone tried these headers?

This is a discussion on Has anyone tried these headers? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99...QQcmdZViewItem probably foreign made. But I am just curious on the fitment....

Has anyone tried these headers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99...QQcmdZViewItem

probably foreign made. But I am just curious on the fitment.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Don't do it. Get a set of ceramic pacesetters if you want to go cheap. They're $169 for a reason - THEY SUCK.

-Eagle

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

no personal experience with them . . . but i've seen several threads/posts about these ebay headers. try a search on here because im thinkin most buyers are really pretty satisfied!!

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Don't do it. Get a set of ceramic pacesetters if you want to go cheap. They're $169 for a reason - THEY SUCK.

-Eagle
    I disagree. The ebay headers seem to be a decent quality piece and a lot of people are satisfied with them... for $169 it's pretty much a steal too. I'd at least take a chance on them for that price. Hell if they don't work, lesson learned, but if they do work well for you then you just saved yourself a shit ton of money-*Keep in mind that they ARE stainless*

Quote Originally Posted by 98redbird View Post
    I disagree. The ebay headers seem to be a decent quality piece and a lot of people are satisfied with them... for $169 it's pretty much a steal too. I'd at least take a chance on them for that price. Hell if they don't work, lesson learned, but if they do work well for you then you just saved yourself a shit ton of money-*Keep in mind that they ARE stainless*
    . . . i havent heard anyone say they are junk so thats pretty good for how much money you save, even compaired to just name brand name ceramic coated, or painted for that matter.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 98redbird View Post
    See, I DID take a chance on them. They were crap. I RMA'd them and got a set of Kooks. I'll attach the slide show I created, but unless you know what a REAL set of headers looks like, you'll be wow'd by all the shiny. If thats all you're looking for, then these ARE for you. But I wanted to go faster, not have bling under my hood....

EBAY HEADER SLIDESHOW CLICK HERE

Notice the pix with the tape measure involved, particularly the primary tube sizes.

Here's a pic of my Percy's gaskets laid over the top of the Kook's primary tubes. They both measure 1 3/4" INSIDE DIAMETER.... unlike the ebay junk that measures 1.5" I.D.!

Click here for a huge pic, sry I didn't shrink it

HTH,
    -Eagle

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    . . . i havent heard anyone say they are junk so thats pretty good for how much money you save, even compaired to just name brand name ceramic coated, or painted for that matter.
    THEY ARE JUNK. Done.

THEY ARE JUNK. Done.
    i stand corrected . . i have heard someone call them junk

Pewter
    2002 WS6

LOL. It cost me $100 in shipping and restocking too, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE learn from my mistake!!!

Or go ahead and buy that junk. But you'll be hating it when ur car doesn't gain but a few HP after the install!

-Eagle

See, I DID take a chance on them. They were crap. I RMA'd them and got a set of Kooks. I'll attach the slide show I created, but unless you know what a REAL set of headers looks like, you'll be wow'd by all the shiny. If thats all you're looking for, then these ARE for you. But I wanted to go faster, not have bling under my hood....

EBAY HEADER SLIDESHOW CLICK HERE

Notice the pix with the tape measure involved, particularly the primary tube sizes.

Here's a pic of my Percy's gaskets laid over the top of the Kook's primary tubes. They both measure 1 3/4" INSIDE DIAMETER.... unlike the ebay junk that measures 1.5" I.D.!

Click here for a huge pic, sry I didn't shrink it

HTH,
    -Eagle
    these are the obx ones . . . ? i have heard good and bad about the obx, but the ones i thought we were talkin about dont have the resonators or a y . . . no brand name at all

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Another thing is fitment issues. Most aftermarket long tubes will gain in the same neighborhood of each other as far as power is concerned. Granted some of the higher end ones have shown larger gains on the dyno, but for the most part they are all in the same ballpark from what I've seen. But the fitment of them is where they can really get you. I've heard some horror stories about the installs. Pacesetters are some of the easiest to install. I had a set and then sold them and bought a set of QTP's about a month ago. The Pacesetters fit much better than the QTP's that I have now, but I wouldn't trade back for anything. Can't beat a quality stainless header IMO. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Yea, Gullet is right. I'm pretty sure your talking about 2 different sets of headers. The OBX are a better header than the cheap no name ones I would think.

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

Ebay headers are so cheap and I'm not looking to make a supercar I just need a replacement for my crappy stock manifold. Anybody else used the ebay'ers?

rapter34
    I got em they look and work great! the egr and connection is BS so if your keeping your emissions i would go with a diferent set. also don't use teh gaskets they provide. everything else though is great. i've had them in for about a month now and the SS looks much better than one of my friends who has coated. buy them if no emissions. I went and got my SFC installed last week at the performance shop I go to and they comented on how nice they were. they were amazed they cost $170.

Also where in WI are u?
    Last edited by rapter34; 07-16-2008 at 01:26 PM.

Thread Information