Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

granatelly MAF?

This is a discussion on granatelly MAF? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Well .......... Again the meters can be calibrated richer or leaners 20% in either direction - or you can run ...

Yellow
    2015 Z06 Coming, 2014 Z51

Well .......... Again the meters can be calibrated richer or leaners 20% in either direction - or you can run our HP meter which gives you cockpit adjustable MAF metering

SOM
    2002 SS/SLP #7704

I just added a cold air intake...how do I re-calibrate my MAF??? Yes I am running a Granetelli MAF and have had no problems....

I have a GMFS, a 3,600 vigilante with 3.23 gears, a magnaflow and a pulley and lid. That's it (no headers)...and my 2001 formula runs 12.16 @110..works for me.

arctic white
    2002 ws6 trans am

sorry but my maf from granetelli was the worst purchase ive ever made threw lean codes and when i emailed them and tried to contact them about several times i got no responses i would never buy anything from them ever again

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

u running any major mods?

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

lol everyone that i know that has had one with major mods has had a tuning issue with it running lean up high

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by bsteff View Post
    I just added a cold air intake...how do I re-calibrate my MAF??? Yes I am running a Granetelli MAF and have had no problems....
    We can update your MAF for $50.00 direct at GMS

Just call for a RGA number and we can do it the same day it comes in

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by omcar17 View Post
    I have a GMFS, a 3,600 vigilante with 3.23 gears, a magnaflow and a pulley and lid. That's it (no headers)...and my 2001 formula runs 12.16 @110..works for me.

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by joeytransam View Post
    sorry but my maf from granetelli was the worst purchase ive ever made threw lean codes and when i emailed them and tried to contact them about several times i got no responses i would never buy anything from them ever again
    Hard to belive we never responded to a call - sometimes we miss an email or 2 but the odds of missing the same email over and over is hard - we do try our best and again when there is an issue we are on top of it.

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Frankthetank View Post
    lol everyone that i know that has had one with major mods has had a tuning issue with it running lean up high
    Read the works carefully and listen to what everyone says. The more mods they make the more tuning they need - that sounds about right. So it would make sence that you would need to meter to make the car run a bit richer. If someone calls and says I have:
    Head swap
    Big Cam
    36lb inj
    1 3/4 long tube headers
    3.73 gears
    3800 stall converter
    Granatelli Rail mount roller rockers
    Granatelli Intake lid
    Ported T Body
    Felpro composite manifold
    (basically everything you can add less building a new short block)

Now I need a calibrated Meter. We can do that and do do that everyday.

Come to think of it I just described my WS6 Trans Am. It has an off the shelf 350112 MAF that has been richened up 3%. With no other tuning save for our jumper box the makes up for the imnjector change, the car ran 11.68 day in and day out at 115. After we EFI LIVE tuned it, it runs 11.42 at 117. Most of the lap top work is focused on the injector change and trans shift points

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by KageSS View Post
    Same here, no probs what so ever. WTF is up with all the haters?
    We mock what we don't understand. When I am told, "my tuner can;t tune withthe meter in place" that just tells me you need a new tuning person. Sorry not looking for a fight but it is really not rocket science. The meters work and repeat

Yellow

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
    We mock what we don't understand. When I am told, "my tuner can;t tune withthe meter in place" that just tells me you need a new tuning person. Sorry not looking for a fight but it is really not rocket science. The meters work and repeat
    I agree with this.

But a $150 mod shouldn't require a $500 tune.
    That is why I don't think a larger MAF is a worthwhile mod for most.

I have nothing against Granatelli at all. Great parts. Just some of them (MAF) aren't for everybody.

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I agree with this.

But a $150 mod shouldn't require a $500 tune.
    That is why I don't think a larger MAF is a worthwhile mod for most.

I have nothing against Granatelli at all. Great parts. Just some of them (MAF) aren't for everybody.
    As worded I understand - but it does nt require a reflash for most just when you do an injector change

arctic white
    2002 ws6 trans am

yeah ok ive had this hunk of junk paperweight maf of yours for over a year and ive written to you a bunch of times at this point i dont care but i will never spend a dollar on your products ever again and i will tell this to everyone i know ive tried to contact you many times if you really care which you dont you have my pm to try and make good

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by joeytransam View Post
    yeah ok ive had this hunk of junk paperweight maf of yours for over a year and ive written to you a bunch of times at this point i dont care but i will never spend a dollar on your products ever again and i will tell this to everyone i know ive tried to contact you many times if you really care which you dont you have my pm to try and make good
    When you say you tried to contact ME do you mean ME J.R. Granatelli or the company GMS? We have 5 guys onthe phones all day Mon-Fri. If a person emails to a generic address like info@ or sales@ it might take a little time to get back. Nobody here avoids any calls or emails on purpose. As for a PM I have nothing to hide -if you had a problem tell us what the problem was and we WILL fix it. Plain and simple

805-486-6644 ext11

red
    1998 chevy camaro ss

what is the cause and explanation for trouble codes p0171 and p0174? cars just popped up with these codes?

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by sscamaro1384 View Post
    what is the cause and explanation for trouble codes p0171 and p0174? cars just popped up with these codes?
    That is left and right lean bank codes - call morgan 805-486-6644 he will update the meter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information