Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

got my magnaflows yesterday..

This is a discussion on got my magnaflows yesterday.. within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ok so something happend today...well 2 things..the car isnt running the same, when im at a light its kinda jumpy, ...

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

ok so something happend today...well 2 things..the car isnt running the same, when im at a light its kinda jumpy, sometimes when i start it it doesnt wana start then when it does it chokes up a bit then starts and kinda stays at 2rpm then drops its weird, then suddently it will pop a little bit when at rest, the next thing is my y pipe is hitting the floorboard WHAT DO I DO!! its driving me insane!!! and last but not least after getting home from having dinner with the lady i parked along side my house turned the car off walked away then thought to my self wait a minute the fans are running WTF so i go back pop the hood and sure enough the fans where on..so i go to sart the car turn it off fans are still on..so i disconected the battery...

GUYS WHAT IS GOING ON!!!?? HELP

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You will need to get under the car to see where the Y-pipe is hitting. Chances are it is the underbody bracket on the driver side of the tunnel. I messed with mine quite a bit to gain as much clearance as possible. If that does not work, Cutlass posted a pic of a Y-pipe bracket in another thread recently that can be added to hold the Y-pipe away from the body.

The fans may be able to run after shutdown on our cars -- I really am not sure. If so, they should turn off after less than a minute, but it sounds like yours did not. Any recent electrical work on the car?

The studdering could be a dirty throttle body or IAC valve in the intake tract. I take it the SES has not triggered? How many miles have you driven it since the installation?

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

the hitting of the floorboard doesnt have me as scared as the rest..the ses light is on..im driven it i would say maybe 25-30 miles or more im not exactly sure, sometimes when i hit it it kicks in real nice..then sometimes i kick it it chokes ups, sometimes i start it and its nice, then sometimes i start it and it seems i have a violent cam
    lol

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Get the codes scanned and post them up.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

Ok so havent pulled any codes yet but something else has happend..i turned it on this morning it fired up reved up on its own a little and died then i trg it and it fired up for a couple seconds and back off..let me ask this what should the spark plugs be gapped to??

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

May be a long shot, but the pipe hitting the floor could have tripped the knock sensor (which is what the mufflex bracket is supposed to prevent. Pull the codes- we can troubleshoot more then...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    May be a long shot, but the pipe hitting the floor could have tripped the knock sensor (which is what the mufflex bracket is supposed to prevent. Pull the codes- we can troubleshoot more then...
    That's a good possibility. I think the stock settings are a bit sensitive if I recall from my tuning literature.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

ok the first code is P0118, the second is P0412, now the second one makes sense i took out my air pump or whatever the other i do not know about.but does any of this mean my engine woult stagger and not want to start at times??

Bright Red

Quote Originally Posted by Ws6islife View Post
    ok the first code is P0118, the second is P0412, now the second one makes sense i took out my air pump or whatever the other i do not know about.but does any of this mean my engine woult stagger and not want to start at times??

P0118 is the coolant sensor- did you hit it while installing the headers or did it become disconnected? P0412 is the AIR pump- which would not cause it to stagger unless you uhave a really bad vacumn leak somwhere.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

well i completly took out my air pump and whatever comes with it..the only spot where its open is the intake witch i need to seal would that matter? and when i mean the intake not the engines intake but he air intake i dunno if that makes sense..but no egr pump is in or the fuse itself, as far as the sensor i made sure to not hit this..i did disconnect it so i migh tof forgotten to connect it...im so confused with the egr..

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

and why my car is staggering the way it is...it jumps at me a bit, and sometimes the fans dnt turn of when i turn the car off, then when i try to turn it on not allt he tiem but sometimes its like fuel isnt going through so i might need a fuel filter change..then when at a red light its bit jumpy and has alittle pop to it like theres a misfire im not sure what to think anymore, what is the appropriate spark plug gap for my car?

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

i have Ngk-Gp-Platinum spark plugs

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

ok so my effin coolant sensor was not pluged in all the way so there goes that problem but what about the air pump stuff i dunno how to fix that if i took out out i dnt hav e aneed for it..and the car is still jumping on me like it has a misfire or so but no misfire codes

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Ws6islife View Post
    ok so my effin coolant sensor was not pluged in all the way so there goes that problem but what about the air pump stuff i dunno how to fix that if i took out out i dnt hav e aneed for it..and the car is still jumping on me like it has a misfire or so but no misfire codes
    sounds simple...but make sure all your boots are firmly connected...what type of wires do you have again ? ...it is very easy to have a loose connection etc ..so double check your plugs and wires...and tighten up your header bolts too..they are known to back out after a few heat cycles at first...mine did and i put loctite on them afterwards..no problems

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

connected the sensor and check engine light whent away, the engine hesitation is still there a bit today i turned it on reved up vilontly then back down and turned off i can only keep it on when i rev it a litle then at the red light i didnt hit it and well it choked up on me..so i went to the parts store got some carb cleaner cleaned the throtlle body and stuff and its doing better, but i mean its still popping a little havent had time to recheck spark plugs and connections..

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

she is stuck at the clinic and wont start :/

what is wrong i have no clue!! everythign comes on but not crank, i hear the clicking i did the vats bypass recently she was working great but now out of nowhere nothing :/ help

Bright Red

Battery too low to crank? That's usually what that would sound like but with all your symptoms, it may ba a combination of different things. First, charge the battery just to be sure- try jumping it. I'm still inclined to think you have a vacumn leak causing the erratic idle.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

yea u might be right i got the coolant sensor into place now that code is off, and no ses light anymore..the battery was messed up i put another batt i had but no crank still im for sure its the vats cus i hear the module clicking and the gas pump going but no crank this isnt a starter click either its the vats click, i dont know how to fix that anymore im tired of messing with it..the security light whent away but still no start after i did the bypass, now back to the beggining cant check for a vacum leak if cant start the car, off tommorow to get a new battery and work on starting the car.

oh and if any of you guys are wondering i couldnt come home without my car so i called my pops and said "dude i wont be able to sleep just come pick me up from work and please take me to pull the car back home" so dont worry the LS1 is safe at home
    but one problem it wont start!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Dead Battery - checked Alternator? has it been fluctuating lately? I had somewhat same issue 3 weeks ago. However I haven't done the VATS bypass yet. Also check fuses, they do blow out when you lease expect it.

The studdering could also be from bad O2 sensors in-addition to dirty MAF and TB.

I might have missed it but did you plugged the EGR port to the Air Intake and checked to make sure it's sealed properly? I'm a little confused because you have listed a 2002 T/A and I believe they had no EGR after 2000.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

well im confused to because i pulled egr plugs out of my maniafolds and i pulled out an air pump i was told i bought an 02 so do i knot have an 02???

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information