2000 Camaro Z28

GMMG Exhaust + SLP Y-Pipe

I am another proud owner of a GMMG Exhaust System. It was installed today and sounds great. I also got the SLP Y-Pipe to replace the factory Y and the flat pipe on the driver's side. I cannot believe how much more throttle response you can feel once you get rid of the stock muffler. The only thing I don't like is the Y-Pipe hangs a little low for my tastes. I doubt it would scrape on anything unless I drove somewhere I shouldn't have drove anyway. But all in all it is great and well worth the money.

cedric85745
    well , I got GMMG cb, last semester and still really happy about it, cant wait to add LTs and ORY !! ( and a cam if I had the $$$$$))

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Well, I have the exact same exhaust as you, SLP Y and GMMG cat back. In four years I've never had the exhaust scrape - still at the stock ride height.

Love that sound...enjoy!
    Hammer - hammertime.us
    2001 Light Pewter Metallic Camaro SS, 6 speed
    K&N, SLP Lid, SLP y-pipe, GMMG cat-back, Lou's Short Stick - more to come!

Onyx Black
    00 SS Camaro

Hope you enjoy it, I got my gmmg exhaust with hooker lts and catted y-pipe from jet hot for christmas and i love the sound.

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrider
    Hope you enjoy it, I got my gmmg exhaust with hooker lts and catted y-pipe from jet hot for christmas and i love the sound.
    Nightrider - did you do all that at once, or add the LT's and catted y after the fact. Just wondering how much louder my GMMG will get when I get headers later this year.

Onyx Black
    00 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    Nightrider - did you do all that at once, or add the LT's and catted y after the fact. Just wondering how much louder my GMMG will get when I get headers later this year.

Yes i did do it all at the same time. But i have friends that have only the gmmg exhaust and my car is a little bit louder than theirs. I think if you don't get the catted y-pipes it will be really loud. In other words if you like the way your gmmg sounds now, then your really going to like how it sounds afterwards. I get alot of compliments on how my car sounds.

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrider
    Yes i did do it all at the same time. But i have friends that have only the gmmg exhaust and my car is a little bit louder than theirs. I think if you don't get the catted y-pipes it will be really loud. In other words if you like the way your gmmg sounds now, then your really going to like how it sounds afterwards. I get alot of compliments on how my car sounds.
    I will definitely use converters with mine. Everybody loves the way those pipes sound, so I'd hate to make it obnoxious.

Italiano

Cool

how exactly is the jet hot Y different than the rest. Im looking to get either jet hot or pace setter LT's and gmmg but I dont know what Y to go with. I was thinkin I wanted to go catted but if so, definately high flow cats. can anyone help me out?

Thread Information