Thread: Getting Hot

Red
    98 C5

Getting Hot

I have a 1998 Corvette That usually runs around 185 degrees but lately it gets up tp around 220 almost 230. The electric fan is not comming on. At what temp should the fan come on? The car only gets hot in traffic, never while driving.

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by David Q View Post
    I have a 1998 Corvette That usually runs around 185 degrees but lately it gets up tp around 220 almost 230. The electric fan is not comming on. At what temp should the fan come on? The car only gets hot in traffic, never while driving.
    judging by the gauge im saying between 210 and 220 for me. did you turn on the a/c and see if the fans are running? if they are you have a temp sensing issue, if theyre not running w/ a/c on you have a total fan system failure. might not be a big deal, just have to diagnose the cause. just curious, if you stay sitting does the temp continue to climb to 230 or beyond?
    Last edited by dklowrider; 08-10-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Red
    98 C5

Thanks, when i get home i will check out the fans with the ac on. I have never had an ls series motor, and really dont know much about them. I didn't know if being all aluminum allowed it to run hotter without damaging the motor.

Thread Information