Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

General exhaust question

This is a discussion on General exhaust question within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by SuperSSguy YUP ! I agree here there trying to divert water with this peripheral canal crap so ...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    YUP ! I agree here there trying to divert water with this peripheral canal crap so that it diverts water fron N.Cal to S.Cal and they also want to spend money on a stupid high speed bullet train that will cost the state tax payers millions,probably billions of dollars... money we dont have! Our roads and infastructure are crumbling at our feet, police and fire stations are closing theres NO jobs people are loosing their homes to forclosure and some ass wipes want to waste money on useless projects so they can get their names slapped on it for stature! Time for a change!
    that's what everyone said 4 years ago and look what that got us. I don't think we'll be any better off this November either.

I agree, we need a change (ALOT OF IT) but I don't see the change I think we need ever happening.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I've said it in the past, wait a couple years and $5 a gallon gas will be normal fair. It's only a matter of time before everyone see's it, not just California.

Our reserves are low because some dip shit decided it was a good idea to ship some of our oil reserve over seas where they can get more money for it. Just like they are selling our hay and alfalfa over seas now, and guess what,,,,Now they are predicting a shortage and prices are going up. Whodathunkit. Our government is just brilliant.
    I started a thread here about this a while back.. Unfortunetly I was right..

Sorry Cali,, looks like I was right and then some.

The poor folks across the pond are paying by the litre..

IMHO,, That's why you see so many sub-compact cars over there.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    that's what everyone said 4 years ago and look what that got us. I don't think we'll be any better off this November either.

I agree, we need a change (ALOT OF IT) but I don't see the change I think we need ever happening.
    True but staying with a sinking ship without trying to jump off and swim to shore is ludicrious ..and dumb! luckily i can say i wasnt one of those ''everyones'' who believed in the second coming of christ or the phoney rhetoric of ''hope and change''. 4 more years of this administration will only screw things up worse then they are already, Not to say a new one will do any better but its got to be better then the nothing weve got now.IMO. All polititians are whores basically any way so?

It seems to me that politicians are universally useless. I personally think that they screw things up on purpose so that they can promise to fix them at election time. We have multi-party politics here in the U.K. and I've arrived at the conclusion that they're all the same shit, they just have different names.

This is the sound I'm looking for. Is there any difference between a Loudmouth 1 and a Loudmouth 2 ?

Last edited by SS Camaro UK; 10-06-2012 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Added video

black
    01 ss z28 vertt

Quote Originally Posted by SS Camaro UK View Post
    A loud growl sounds like a good option

I think the whole neighborhood needs to hear the sound of an un-muzzled American V8, there are so few of them in my city - it would be a treat for them, especially if it wakes them up and stops them from being late for work

I'll need a Y-pipe with cats for emissions initially, but I'll get an ORY eventually and swap them about at test time.
    Spintech exhaust makes a mean growl. I have one on my ss now and it's a sound like no other.. I went with the 3" y-pipe to a 4" muffler then back to the dual 3" exhaust.. You will not find one comparable, at least i haven't... Check it out and let me know what you think..

Quote Originally Posted by smslyguy View Post
    Spintech exhaust makes a mean growl. I have one on my ss now and it's a sound like no other.. I went with the 3" y-pipe to a 4" muffler then back to the dual 3" exhaust.. You will not find one comparable, at least i haven't... Check it out and let me know what you think..
    I've had a look and it does sound good.

I fear my choices may be limited to what is available here in the U.K. The cost of shipping from the U.S could be an issue.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by SS Camaro UK View Post
    It seems to me that politicians are universally useless. I personally think that they screw things up on purpose so that they can promise to fix them at election time. We have multi-party politics here in the U.K. and I've arrived at the conclusion that they're all the same shit, they just have different names.

This is the sound I'm looking for. Is there any difference between a Loudmouth 1 and a Loudmouth 2 ?

LM1 is louder than LM2. I have LM1 plus catted y and headers. Here is my car and how it sounds.

1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    LM1 is louder than LM2. I have LM1 plus catted y and headers. Here is my car and how it sounds.

Will-sounds good to me, I have catted Y also and though they tend to quiet down the db level they also make it non-raspy imo..I already have a Magna-catback so im not going to swap it out ( i dont think) Im going to get a c/o. I need to keep it somewhat stealth for everyday but want to have it when i want it,,Cant risk being too loud the cops here can ticket you and send you to a smog referee if they think youve modified the emissions so.......? also its funny ,in your video the birds were chirpin before you started your car...after ? no birdies .. i guess you scared the crap out of them... anyway it sounds great!! Real throaty.
    Last edited by SuperSSguy; 10-06-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

This is what I drive in England.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Here is what she sounds like idling...

- - - Updated - - -

The exhaust is stainless works longtube headers with bassani true duals.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post

Will-sounds good to me, I have catted Y also and though they tend to quiet down the db level they also make it non-raspy imo..I already have a Magna-catback so im not going to swap it out ( i dont think) Im going to get a c/o. I need to keep it somewhat stealth for everyday but want to have it when i want it,,Cant risk being too loud the cops here can ticket you and send you to a smog referee if they think youve modified the emissions so.......? also its funny ,in your video the birds were chirpin before you started your car...after ? no birdies .. i guess you scared the crap out of them... anyway it sounds great!! Real throaty.
    I never noticed that, I may even gut my cats or buy a test pipe to put in place of the cats to see how I like the sound difference.

Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    This is what I drive in England.

Nice car , does driving on English roads differ very much from Driving on American roads?

When I'm out in my Camaro, it never fails to amuse me how many "boy racers" will pull along side in their 4-bangers and give it some on the gas pedal. Their faces are a picture when you, only lightly, do it back.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

It is a lot different. There are more twisty, bumpy roads here in England and A LOT narrower while in the states the roads are WIDER and are often straight.

I had a few encounter with the boy racers... One at Bury St Edmunds' theatre and those guys had their little meet (pretty cute) across the theater and the whole time they were revving their engines trying to get attention from the people were coming out from the movies. Well I was one of them and I parked my Z28 a few cars away from their corner and I pretty much silenced those noise makers with the V8 rumble echoing against the walls.

The other time was a Focus ST. I just got back from my MOT and feeling a bit cheeky coming home, not looking for trouble but I would give it a go if opportunity passes me by which happened with this bloke in his Focus ST. He was pacing beside me and I gave him the chance to pass me as I slowed down but he slowed down as well. So I said to myself what the hell let's go, I down shifted to 3rd and the car growled and my Z28 got LOUDER. Of course, that is all she wrote as the Focus backed off and left me alone after that.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Sounds good, FBJ.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information