Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

General exhaust question

This is a discussion on General exhaust question within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by BlackSS1 It is single cutout, fits perfect under the passenger side back seat. I could hardly hear ...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSS1 View Post
    It is single cutout, fits perfect under the passenger side back seat.

I could hardly hear my cam before, but open that valve and it rumbles like crazy at idle, and wails like a Sprint Cup car at WOT
    Then i definately want one or two...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

[QUOTE=Too Fast;2807092] I've heard some of these cut-outs, they are loud! And then you can shut it and be relatively quiet again.

Thats the reason id go for co instead of and all the time loud muffler set up. Ive got Magnaflow right now and granted it has a nice rumble to it and howls pretty good at wot BUT sometimes some other muscles with Flows or the louder SLP`s LM`s come by at a stop light at idle and theirs is rumblin away .I also want c/o because i can be stealth around the cops and loud any other time.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by SS Camaro UK View Post
    I've just been to the LS1 sounds website for some exhaust ideas and now have a question.

The many links to the different levels of exhaust note, have combinations of various manufacturers.

I might have misunderstood the site, but are different manufacturers headers, y-pipes and rear sections inter-compatible?

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Good luck researching the sounds over the internet. I tried that before I decided on my Hooker Aeroflow. The quality (or lack of it!) of the sounds captured on the 'net varied widely. Some mufflers are loud all the time, some are quieter at cruise/idle and sound great at WOT or accelerating. Depends if you want the whole neighborhood to hear the American pushrod V8 or just the neighbor! Also it depends on the Y-pipe, is it with convertors or not. Convertors will calm the sound.
    Agree with^ I did the internet thing and its real hard to judge the true sounds,It does make it easier since you know what sound in general your looking for though, No matter what you get theres always someone who thinks that their set up is better ,,,so you just have to try and hear them in person from a car like yours to hear the differences...because a certain set up on an SS will sound different on a Mustang or a Chrysler etc etc.Good Luck and let us know what you get!

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Ive got Magnaflow right now and granted it has a nice rumble to it and howls pretty good at wot BUT sometimes some other muscles with Flows or the louder SLP`s LM`s come by at a stop light at idle and theirs is rumblin away.
    I take it you haven't installed headers yet. I loved my magnaflow with LTs and an ORY

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    I take it you haven't installed headers yet. I loved my magnaflow with LTs and an ORY
    Yeah ive got headers- KooKs Lt`s, Kooks catted Y and Magnaflow 3'' SS catback..and yes i do love the deep non raspy sound! But id like to be able to be louder at times

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^Your catted Y helps make the sound so deep and non raspy.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Just my input but i'm very fond of my GMMG, a lot more than my neighbors
    It's loud but not obnoxious like dumps and had a real nice growl driving around.
    I have videos but they really don't do it justice
    Tater-saw your videos on Youtube....i think it gets the message across pretty good ,on how your exhaust sounds. I like the one of that kid in a WS6 w/open headers - he was having so much fun with his ''toy''-but i think he did the infamous 3rd gear miss a few times..been there done that we talked about why already so.....anyway think you need to do more videos though..some screamin burnouts maybe?.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Here's how my exhaust sounds -

QTP LT's into a custom stainless ORY, back to an adjustable Borla, with no restrictor plates. It'll draw some attention.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4siI1cuTxo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

QTP LT's into a custom stainless ORY, back to an adjustable Borla, with no restrictor plates. It'll draw some attention.

Quit messing around and go right for the big stuff

Pacesetter long tubes, Texas Speed off road Y, Mufflex 4" system with Magnaflow muffer to a single hidden tailpipe. It sets off car alarms

Edit: If I ever get this photobucket to work right,,,,ugh.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

A friend of mine has your setup Walt with a cutout and I like that you can quiet it down when uu want

Here is an idea of what mine sounds like

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

A friend of mine has your setup Walt with a cutout and I like that you can quiet it down when uu want

Here is an idea of what mine sounds like

Is that your car? Love how you incorporated a donut into an exhaust sound clip. You are as bad as I am.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Is that your car? Love how you incorporated a donut into an exhaust sound clip. You are as bad as I am.
    camera was rolling and it was a little slippery out, couldn't resist.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^rain racer lol.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds great..got cam?

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    ^^^rain racer lol.
    Hey it saves your treads and is fun too!......

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Sounds great..got cam?
    Thank you. Yeah, it's cammed. Quite a bit of work done to the motor....and the rest of the car.....
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Ive never been to England..yet ( Ill get there someday).but ive seen it on TV and from relatives ( i have one whos married to one) etc...
    When you do, if possible, don't visit just London; it's very expensive and doesn't really reflect the whole country. Most of all, prepare for shocking gas prices they'll make your eyes water.

LOL i can imagine a snarling beasty sounding SS throttling past some of those little cars ive seen,
    It certainly is a head turner.

How many American muscle cars do you see where you live?
    I think it's about 5 at most, my car is very exclusive here.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

^^ Im sure your gas prices are higher and its per liter but just in the last two days California gas prices are up to $5.00 + in some cities its like $ 5.65 for just regular !!...not even super...The oil shiesters are blaming a recent fire @ Chevron refinery in Vallejo and one in southern Calif. for the dramatic price increase saying that the supply and reserves are very low...i know that in other parts of the country and world this is nothing but its alot to the average working joe....and muscle car owners.

^^ Im sure your gas prices are higher and its per liter but just in the last two days California gas prices are up to $5.00 + in some cities its like $ 5.65 for just regular !!...not even super...The oil shiesters are blaming a recent fire @ Chevron refinery in Vallejo and one in southern Calif. for the dramatic price increase saying that the supply and reserves are very low...i know that in other parts of the country and world this is nothing but its alot to the average working joe....and muscle car owners.
    I've said it in the past, wait a couple years and $5 a gallon gas will be normal fair. It's only a matter of time before everyone see's it, not just California.

Our reserves are low because some dip shit decided it was a good idea to ship some of our oil reserve over seas where they can get more money for it. Just like they are selling our hay and alfalfa over seas now, and guess what,,,,Now they are predicting a shortage and prices are going up. Whodathunkit. Our government is just brilliant.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I've said it in the past, wait a couple years and $5 a gallon gas will be normal fair. It's only a matter of time before everyone see's it, not just California.

Our reserves are low because some dip shit decided it was a good idea to ship some of our oil reserve over seas where they can get more money for it. Just like they are selling our hay and alfalfa over seas now, and guess what,,,,Now they are predicting a shortage and prices are going up. Whodathunkit. Our government is just brilliant.
    YUP ! I agree here there trying to divert water with this peripheral canal crap so that it diverts water fron N.Cal to S.Cal and they also want to spend money on a stupid high speed bullet train that will cost the state tax payers millions,probably billions of dollars... money we dont have! Our roads and infastructure are crumbling at our feet, police and fire stations are closing theres NO jobs people are loosing their homes to forclosure and some ass wipes want to waste money on useless projects so they can get their names slapped on it for stature! Time for a change!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information