Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Full bolt on power?

This is a discussion on Full bolt on power? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by BLK2KSS yeah i def feel it was worth it, my cars a monster on the street for ...

  1. #41
    Member TransAmPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    128

    Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    yeah i def feel it was worth it, my cars a monster on the street for what i have done... soon will have a 125 shot of happy gas added
    Alright, well my car is around 97k miles. Do you think itd be worth giving it bolt ons and a tune? Or would it be worth waiting till i rebuild it or something? And quick unrelated question, what is that panel that says trans am on the back around the key hole called?? i Cant seem to remember lol
    Last edited by TransAmPhantom; 03-20-2010 at 10:29 AM.

  2. #42
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,998

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    And quick unrelated question, what is that panel that says trans am on the back around the key hole called?? i Cant seem to remember lol
    Tail llight filler panel

  3. #43
    crazy ass white boy dennis ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Age
    39
    Posts
    473

    navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

    bolt on power

    I have a 2002 camaro ss convertible with a 6 speed. bone stock I ran 13.70 all day at 107. I put a volant intake, bbk 80mm throttle body and flowmaster catback system. I run 13.20 consistently at 105. not bad for 650.00 dollars

  4. #44
    crazy ass white boy dennis ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Age
    39
    Posts
    473

    navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

    Also I have 91,560 miles on the clock. throttle response is insane

  5. #45
    Member TransAmPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    128

    Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Tail llight filler panel
    Thanks. lol

  6. #46
    BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    855

    TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    Alright, well my car is around 97k miles. Do you think itd be worth giving it bolt ons and a tune? Or would it be worth waiting till i rebuild it or something? And quick unrelated question, what is that panel that says trans am on the back around the key hole called?? i Cant seem to remember lol
    It all depends on how good of shape ur car is in. Mine has 82000 on the clock but runs like it has 40000. Im about to spray it and have very little worries about it holdin up. As long as ur car runs well and you maintain it well mods are fine, especially just bolt-ons. A tune will help ur car run its best with the bolt-ons as well.

  7. #47
    Member TransAmPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    128

    Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    It all depends on how good of shape ur car is in. Mine has 82000 on the clock but runs like it has 40000. Im about to spray it and have very little worries about it holdin up. As long as ur car runs well and you maintain it well mods are fine, especially just bolt-ons. A tune will help ur car run its best with the bolt-ons as well.
    Thanks a ton for all your input mate.

  8. #48
    BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    855

    TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    Thanks a ton for all your input mate.
    no prob man, good luck with the build! keep us updated.

  9. #49
    Member TransAmPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    128

    Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    no prob man, good luck with the build! keep us updated.
    Ah, one last question i guess. I know this is a little rough to ask of someone but do you think with headers/y pipe/volant/tune will my car be on par with ws6? (was thinking of torque converter and junk but its my daily drive so i dont think i can sacrifice the mileage for just that.

  10. #50
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    Ah, one last question i guess. I know this is a little rough to ask of someone but do you think with headers/y pipe/volant/tune will my car be on par with ws6? (was thinking of torque converter and junk but its my daily drive so i dont think i can sacrifice the mileage for just that.
    you are on par with a ws6 when you are stock. with exception of gear ratio ..but yeah...you can get stalls that are very tight (like stock) ...plus stalls lock up at 45mph. so mileage doesnt suffer too much.

  11. #51
    BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    855

    TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    Ah, one last question i guess. I know this is a little rough to ask of someone but do you think with headers/y pipe/volant/tune will my car be on par with ws6? (was thinking of torque converter and junk but its my daily drive so i dont think i can sacrifice the mileage for just that.
    Just like shady milkman said... you already are on par but ur 2.73 or whatever is in there is the only major thing between the two. Swap it for a 3.73 and the rest of the mods u mentioned and u will be more than happy with the results.

  12. #52
    Member TransAmPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    128

    Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    Just like shady milkman said... you already are on par but ur 2.73 or whatever is in there is the only major thing between the two. Swap it for a 3.73 and the rest of the mods u mentioned and u will be more than happy with the results.
    i live in a town with 160k population, so traffic isnt major but i mostly do town driving. I average 20 mpg atm and i have bad cats and a major exhaust leak. fixing this week. So any idea HOW bad it will be? and what i mean on par. is i would like my car to be on par like 0-60 wise as the ws6, which on a site said 4.7-5.0. id love in lower 4's range. but again it IS my daily drive, and i start college this summer for auto mechanics, so im still in beginner stage here. So please have patience with me.

  13. #53
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    i live in a town with 160k population, so traffic isnt major but i mostly do town driving. I average 20 mpg atm and i have bad cats and a major exhaust leak. fixing this week. So any idea HOW bad it will be? and what i mean on par. is i would like my car to be on par like 0-60 wise as the ws6, which on a site said 4.7-5.0. id love in lower 4's range. but again it IS my daily drive, and i start college this summer for auto mechanics, so im still in beginner stage here. So please have patience with me.
    In all reality if u are mostly city...then the gears won't effect ur mileage that bad...what you will realize very soon is that 99% of the time you need to choose between performance and mileage...it is just the nature of the beast really. So u need to get that mileage garbage out of your head ...with gears and a stall (traction permitting) you will get some nasty 0-60 times......worth noting tho...the steeper the gear (higher the number) . The thinner the teeth on the gear and with a stock 10 bolt..it adds more stress to keep good tooth contact...so u run the higher risk of shreding ur 10 bolt..just something to keep in mind

  14. #54
    Member TransAmPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    128

    Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    In all reality if u are mostly city...then the gears won't effect ur mileage that bad...what you will realize very soon is that 99% of the time you need to choose between performance and mileage...it is just the nature of the beast really. So u need to get that mileage garbage out of your head ...with gears and a stall (traction permitting) you will get some nasty 0-60 times......worth noting tho...the steeper the gear (higher the number) . The thinner the teeth on the gear and with a stock 10 bolt..it adds more stress to keep good tooth contact...so u run the higher risk of shreding ur 10 bolt..just something to keep in mind
    So what would be a good set of gears to avoid such a catastrophe? lol

  15. #55
    Knight of Chaos xzaero0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Age
    37
    Posts
    468

    Black
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    i live in a town with 160k population, so traffic isnt major but i mostly do town driving. I average 20 mpg atm and i have bad cats and a major exhaust leak. fixing this week. So any idea HOW bad it will be? and what i mean on par. is i would like my car to be on par like 0-60 wise as the ws6, which on a site said 4.7-5.0. id love in lower 4's range. but again it IS my daily drive, and i start college this summer for auto mechanics, so im still in beginner stage here. So please have patience with me.
    Dont get caught up in the WS6 propaganda... most of it was just GMs numbers game. Most of the parts that make the car a WS6 ( except the air box and the hood ) get tossed when the owner starts modding the car anyways.

    I have a 3k stall and 3.70 gears and the mileage didnt drop that far, it wont be too bad if you keep your foot out of it. It runs about 2200 RPM at 65, so its only a few hundred RPM more than the stock gears did.

  16. #56
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    So what would be a good set of gears to avoid such a catastrophe? lol
    well 3.73s are good ..i just wanted to let ya know ..in general people frown at putting any money into a 10 bolt as it is weak and will eventually need replacing 90% of the time.

  17. #57
    Member TransAmPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    128

    Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    well 3.73s are good ..i just wanted to let ya know ..in general people frown at putting any money into a 10 bolt as it is weak and will eventually need replacing 90% of the time.
    Sounds iffy, if i need to change the 10 bolt and all that. And im curious as to how much traction i can hold to the ground..since the car spins as it is when i floored it once to get on the highway.

  18. #58
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    I got 338hp with a shit tune. I'm dying to get it back on with the pp throttle body and a new cleaner and more aggresive tune. I have an A4 with 3.23 when dynoed now I have 3.73. I have a used LS6 from a vette or TA I can't remember where it came from swapped out the LS1 especially since I run race headers with no air/egr fittings just the 02's. Should be around 350 or so now. Getting a 3200 stall in next month and haven't been to the track yet. Although I have beaten a 2010 camaro SS 6spd from a 50 to 130 roll as well as a slightly modded 300SRT 8 and a Challenger Rt and SRT 8. The srt was from a stop so my gears and BFG kdw nt's gave me a good launch. Also several new body Mustang GT's with bolt ons if that's much to brag about. Kept up with a 04 Terminator from 40 till about 125 and he started inching me, dam A4 I want a T56 w/4.10's
    Last edited by RyanJM; 03-23-2010 at 02:48 AM.

  19. #59
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    Sounds iffy, if i need to change the 10 bolt and all that. And im curious as to how much traction i can hold to the ground..since the car spins as it is when i floored it once to get on the highway.
    it is called tires

    last track season i found out that i was making to much power for my tires..as everytime it would hit second i would break loose at be staring at the wall..so now i have nitto 555r DR 315s out back i doubt i will have traction issues anymore..at any speed.

  20. #60
    Member TransAmPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    128

    Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    it is called tires

    last track season i found out that i was making to much power for my tires..as everytime it would hit second i would break loose at be staring at the wall..so now i have nitto 555r DR 315s out back i doubt i will have traction issues anymore..at any speed.
    Well forgive my ignorance, i kept hearing that suspension can affect it and tires as well. and outta curiousity..the tires you have on your car now...are they all big and bulky? this is a little trivial im sure to you but i rather have normal looking tires rather then the giant slicks type. But just my opinion i guess.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What else should I do (full bolt-ons)
    By Gohard in forum External Engine
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 01:54 PM
  2. what are full bolt-ons?
    By Z28pwrHecz in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 06:54 AM
  3. full bolt on's
    By Z28boy2000 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 08:20 PM
  4. full bolt on 01-02 mustang gt
    By 2-bowties&abird in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 07:08 AM
  5. videos with the TA, 402 ls2 full bolt ons.
    By djvaly in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 12:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •