Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64

Full bolt on power?

This is a discussion on Full bolt on power? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by BLK2KSS I have LTs, ORY, ported TB, SLP MAF, SLP lid, and ASP underdrive pully and i ...

  1. #21
    Member TransAmPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    128

    Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    I have LTs, ORY, ported TB, SLP MAF, SLP lid, and ASP underdrive pully and i put down 360hp and 370tq
    MY goal is to get the car to run better on the streets, no plans to track this car. have a 67-68 77-78 im plannin to get workin' soon. Do you like the power gain from your mods? Feel it was worth it?

  2. #22
    Member TransAmPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    128

    Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Get a stall in the 3600-3800 range, long tube headers and a nice merge/cat back. FAST 92 if money permits. Then get a tune and that will drastically wake up your car.

    Your an auto, this is a good thing. Bad for Dyno numbers, but they dont win races.
    What i was considering doing...was a volant air intake. Maybe a porter tb? some LT's, a catted y pipe. And a tune? Only reason i want cats is cuz it burns my biscuitz seeing the engine light on all the time. WAS considering pulleys or something but i heard the bang for the buck isnt really great, i aint planning to race at the track really, its my daily drive and i want to give this car more oomph. And a stall dont increase HP it just makes it so you can hold the break at higher rpms right? Not really needed for street driving. And i mostly just want throttle response. I got inspired to do this cuz my cousin has a audi tt quattro, my car stock is faster i know but it feels faster i know from the turbo but i noticed having this T/A compared to my 98 formy, i feel more kick. And so i was really going for throttle response i guess. If you can undertand what i mean lol. Whats your opinion? its a 2002, so has the ls6 intake already

  3. #23
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    i got 324 rwhp and 338rwtq on the dyno. dont know which dyno. I thought that was stock? that was b4 i did anything
    Last edited by az gt eater; 03-15-2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: im an idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

  4. #24
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,996

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    What i was considering doing...was a volant air intake. Maybe a porter tb? some LT's, a catted y pipe. And a tune? Only reason i want cats is cuz it burns my biscuitz seeing the engine light on all the time. WAS considering pulleys or something but i heard the bang for the buck isnt really great, i aint planning to race at the track really, its my daily drive and i want to give this car more oomph. And a stall dont increase HP it just makes it so you can hold the break at higher rpms right? Not really needed for street driving. And i mostly just want throttle response. I got inspired to do this cuz my cousin has a audi tt quattro, my car stock is faster i know but it feels faster i know from the turbo but i noticed having this T/A compared to my 98 formy, i feel more kick. And so i was really going for throttle response i guess. If you can undertand what i mean lol. Whats your opinion? its a 2002, so has the ls6 intake already
    A tune will take care of the SES light with no cat converters. The tuner will delete the rear O2 sensor and cat converter trouble codes so that they won't trigger a SES light.
    And you DEFINITELY want a stall converter. Your car will have waaay more throttle response and kick with a high stall converter. It should be a top priority mod

  5. #25
    NYSpeed.com WhatUpWhatUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NeW YorK
    Posts
    194

    Pewter
    2002 z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Autos will always have more drivetrain loss, which will account for a lower dyno number. But, An auto(stalled) will almost always have the upper hand at the track or even on the street. Given the modifications are very similar and both tunes are correct.

    What I meant was, Dyno numbers don't win races. To clarify things.
    ohhhh gotcha. so the stall wont improve dyno numbers either

  6. #26
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by WhatUpWhatUp View Post
    ohhhh gotcha. so the stall wont improve dyno numbers either
    Negative, but will drastically cut your times at the track and on the street.

  7. #27
    BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    855

    TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

    Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post
    321 RWHP stock????
    YES stock... hes posted the dyno sheet for any non believers as urself, check his postings... is name on here is WS6 > SS

  8. #28
    BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    855

    TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    MY goal is to get the car to run better on the streets, no plans to track this car. have a 67-68 77-78 im plannin to get workin' soon. Do you like the power gain from your mods? Feel it was worth it?
    yeah i def feel it was worth it, my cars a monster on the street for what i have done... soon will have a 125 shot of happy gas added

  9. #29
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    dyno numbers should only be used as information stages etc...i could go to a dyno right now and get 360rwhp then drive to another one that is calibrated correctly and get 330rwhp ....people who race on dyno numbers are n00bs in general. there are baselines and norms for power you get from mods..but dont get caught up in it if your numbers fall short or start tooting your own horn if your numbers are higher...the only real test is at a track.

  10. #30
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Before I changed the exhaust to true duals (I already had LT's with 3" Y-pipe, no cats fed thru to the stock transverse muffler along with MTI lid) I laid down 343rwhp/357rwt on a DynoJet. This was also before I installed the 3400 stall converter.

  11. #31
    Member TransAmPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    128

    Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Before I changed the exhaust to true duals (I already had LT's with 3" Y-pipe, no cats fed thru to the stock transverse muffler along with MTI lid) I laid down 343rwhp/357rwt on a DynoJet. This was also before I installed the 3400 stall converter.
    Doesnt the stall just make it so you can launch at higher rpms? doesnt add HP no? Im not looking to track this car. Just wanna do some mods to beef it up. Is my daily drive

  12. #32
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    Doesnt the stall just make it so you can launch at higher rpms? doesnt add HP no? Im not looking to track this car. Just wanna do some mods to beef it up. Is my daily drive
    the torque converter multiples the torque ...basically you see great gains under the curve

  13. #33
    Member joedude02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Age
    36
    Posts
    349

    Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    i got 324 rwhp and 338rwtq on the dyno. dont know which dyno. I thought that was stock? that was b4 i did anything
    i'm right there with you, but it was 30 degrees during the pull and just at sea level. 332 rwhp ---uncorrected though.

  14. #34
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Quote Originally Posted by joedude02 View Post
    i'm right there with you, but it was 30 degrees during the pull and just at sea level. 332 rwhp ---uncorrected though.
    That's why they're so high. Temp and DA have a lot to do with it. My stock numbers were at 90 deg F at ~3500' DA here in Phoenix.

  15. #35
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    Doesnt the stall just make it so you can launch at higher rpms? doesnt add HP no? Im not looking to track this car. Just wanna do some mods to beef it up. Is my daily drive
    Not only that, but when you're cruising along it's in lock up acting like a normal converter. Give it some loud pedal and (at least in my case on stock tires) it'll start to go sideways on ya.

    FYI: Stall unlocks and throws the engine to the upper RPM band (in my case ~4k rpm) where it's making tons of torque. I've also got a cooler, have deleted TM, substituted a shift kit and reworked the tranny internally.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 03-16-2010 at 03:07 PM.

  16. #36
    BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    855

    TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    dyno numbers should only be used as information stages etc...i could go to a dyno right now and get 360rwhp then drive to another one that is calibrated correctly and get 330rwhp ....people who race on dyno numbers are n00bs in general. there are baselines and norms for power you get from mods..but dont get caught up in it if your numbers fall short or start tooting your own horn if your numbers are higher...the only real test is at a track.
    I agree... dyno numbers dont win races at all, thats why i never took mine to a dyno untill now. everyone always told me that miy car was too fast for what i had done and my buddy just bought his ws6 and wanted a baseline pull for comparison after he did his mods and wanted me to go with him so i said what the hell ill see what she puts down. to be honest i was expecting a lil higher than my 360 just because of the hype from everyone about my car and the type of cars i have beat on the street(havent taken it to the track yet). Im not sure how calibrated the dyno was but its not like every car was high. I thought the same as you did about my friends 321 but another stock a4 put down right around 300 so idk. The guy who runs the shop told my friend it was the highest hed seen a stock a4 put down on it. we have a track day planned so we will update the times then.

  17. #37
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    I dynoed mine in tucson in the summer. I only did it to make sure it was running right. This was soon after I bought it. Seemed fine to me.
    Now if the bitch of an exwife hadn't taken the graph,I could show you guys. Btw,that damn car sounds like a jet engine bolted down doing 120 in the garage. Now I know y people are shaking their fists when I blow by them.

  18. #38
    NYSpeed.com WhatUpWhatUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NeW YorK
    Posts
    194

    Pewter
    2002 z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    I dynoed mine in tucson in the summer. I only did it to make sure it was running right. This was soon after I bought it. Seemed fine to me.
    Now if the bitch of an exwife hadn't taken the graph,I could show you guys. Btw,that damn car sounds like a jet engine bolted down doing 120 in the garage. Now I know y people are shaking their fists when I blow by them.
    got a video of that ????

  19. #39
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    Quote Originally Posted by WhatUpWhatUp View Post
    got a video of that ????
    nope, not of the dyno, if you want video of people shaking their fists at me, that can be arranged.......

  20. #40
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    nope, not of the dyno, if you want video of people shaking their fists at me, that can be arranged.......
    Arrange it! I'm bored and could use the amusement.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What else should I do (full bolt-ons)
    By Gohard in forum External Engine
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 01:54 PM
  2. what are full bolt-ons?
    By Z28pwrHecz in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 06:54 AM
  3. full bolt on's
    By Z28boy2000 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 08:20 PM
  4. full bolt on 01-02 mustang gt
    By 2-bowties&abird in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 07:08 AM
  5. videos with the TA, 402 ls2 full bolt ons.
    By djvaly in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 12:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •