Pewter
    01 Trans Am

Finally got headers what do I do?

Ok I got a set of off road headers and a y pipe that has dual cut outs welded on (I'll get pics if needed) where the cats should be. it's an 01 LS1 trans am mods are - minor port work small cam cold air intake magnaflow cat back system, LS7 clutch alluminum flywheel (fidenza) Tuned by Fbody Central. Here's my question living in Va where we have emmisions I'm going to keep the stock manifolds and cat and just put them on every 2 years for the emissions test. Not too much work really shouldn't take but several hours and have access to a lift etc etc.
    To do a emissions delete what all should be involved?
    How do I delete the A.I.R.? The new headers don't have the taps do I just remove the two A.I.R. pipes and cap the hoses somehow?
    Also do I just remove the 2 rear 02 sensors and set them aside for when I put the stock system back in? The car has been tuned by FBODY CENTRAL and I need to talk to Brett to see if I can have my "stock emisions tune" saved and just come up there and have it temporarily put back on.
    Any suggestions on what I should do would be great! I wanna go fast!

Pewter
    01 Trans Am

Did I explain everything well enough? Lots of views no replies yet? If I need to clarify anything let me know. Thanks

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Are you sure Brett didn't tune out the air already? Also why put the manifolds back on? Do they do a visual test? Everyone in Md takes theirs thru with LTs and no cats.

Pewter
    01 Trans Am

guess it all depend on where you take it? Some people make sure that the cat taste like it's working others just stick rosco's nose down there and if that ol hound dog goes wooooooohhhhhhh then you passes I have yet to find a good roscoe. If you know of one I tip like I'm getting a tattoo - the less pain the more money.... Let me know!
    I'm pretty sure he didn't delete them? But me and the neighbor have decided to fabricate some bungs for the AIR hell he has a cnc machine welders and anything else you could want in his shop making him a good man to know. Do you have to have cats to run the AIR pump? I could make it look like it works and Brett I suppose can delete it? Then I just need to find Roscoe the dog and take 2 minutes of his nose.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mikeaford View Post
    Ok I got a set of off road headers and a y pipe that has dual cut outs welded on (I'll get pics if needed) where the cats should be. it's an 01 LS1 trans am mods are - minor port work small cam cold air intake magnaflow cat back system, LS7 clutch alluminum flywheel (fidenza) Tuned by Fbody Central. Here's my question living in Va where we have emmisions I'm going to keep the stock manifolds and cat and just put them on every 2 years for the emissions test. Not too much work really shouldn't take but several hours and have access to a lift etc etc.
    To do a emissions delete what all should be involved?
    How do I delete the A.I.R.? The new headers don't have the taps do I just remove the two A.I.R. pipes and cap the hoses somehow?
    Also do I just remove the 2 rear 02 sensors and set them aside for when I put the stock system back in? The car has been tuned by FBODY CENTRAL and I need to talk to Brett to see if I can have my "stock emisions tune" saved and just come up there and have it temporarily put back on.
    Any suggestions on what I should do would be great! I wanna go fast!
    If you don't have a reason to keep the AIR system on the car, forget capping it all, just remove it all. The hoses all remove very easily and the pump itself is down by the driver side fog light area(on a Camaro, same area for TA).

You need to set your rear 02s aside for now like you mentioned, but you need to do one of two things, either have the rear 02 sensor codes turned off, which I would suspect your tuner did, or acquire 02 simulators to "dummy" up the computer and make it think the rear 02s are still working.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Pewter
    01 Trans Am

You my friend

ARE THE MAN! That page is awesome I'll never go hungry with that info! Thanks again!!!!

Thread Information