17 89.47%
  • BBK

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Fast vs bbk intake

hey just wanna know which you guys think is better. This is an overall question, so all MODS aside, which one?

02 SS
    LQ9 408 Stroker ,M6 1LE, LT's, ORY, GMMG, STG2 LS6 heads,248/254 .612/.622, Tubular LCA's, Panhard, torque arm, tranny cross-member, upper and lower a-arms, k-member, 3 point SFC's, Baer 6 pistons up-front, stock rear , Adj. coil-overs,
    12.6@120MPH

81 Celica
    18.1 @ 85MPH

black
    2002 WS6

how much do you want to pay and plastic vs cast aluminum.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Ok,

The FAST 90/92 mm Intake is the best intake out on the market as of right now. Period. LS6 is good piece.

FAST 92/90 is better than BBK also. You pay the premium because of this.

/end.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Ok,

The FAST 90/92 mm Intake is the best intake out on the market as of right now. Period. LS6 is good piece.

FAST 92/90 is better than BBK also. You pay the premium because of this.

/end.
    Amen to that! I run the fast 90/90, definitely a nice peice!

Stock
    2002 Camaro

ya i already bought a FAST 92, but we were talking about it on another thread and someone said that the BBK flowed better. Then i said if thats the case why dont more people buy them. so I was just woundering what everyone else though. Thought maybe i was the only one who thought tha fast was better......

How about the FAST 78mm verses the LS6????

For the money people think a used LS6 is worth it has me looking at FAST 78mm intakes. I can reuse the stock throttle body. Would work fine for what I am doing and cost difference between the two isn't enough to squabble about.

With the inlet being the same size the power difference (if any) would rely soly on the design.

Black
    00 WS6

I looked at buying a used FAST 78mm and a LS6 intake. The fast intake was about $550 and I found a new LS6 on ebay for $320 shipped. I bought the LS6.....

Quote Originally Posted by qwk93ta View Post
    I looked at buying a used FAST 78mm and a LS6 intake. The fast intake was about $550 and I found a new LS6 on ebay for $320 shipped. I bought the LS6.....
    Ya I've been looking around for a while. There is a fast 78 on ebay right now at $450.

I can buy a brand new LS6 intake with all the coolant lines and block offs, gaskets etc....that I need to install it for $550.

Shucks when you look at these used LS6 intakes over $300 that come with nothing,,,,,,and then considering I have to hunt down coolant lines, gaskets etc...and pay more shipping and tax on top of that which will be well over $100,,,,those new LS6 intakes start looking pretty good.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    How about the FAST 78mm verses the LS6????

For the money people think a used LS6 is worth it has me looking at FAST 78mm intakes. I can reuse the stock throttle body. Would work fine for what I am doing and cost difference between the two isn't enough to squabble about.

With the inlet being the same size the power difference (if any) would rely soly on the design.
    I bet 10 bucks you will try to sell that 78mm FAST within 8 months of buying it for a 92mm.

I bet 10 bucks you will try to sell that 78mm FAST within 8 months of buying it for a 92mm.
    Nope nope. Not interested in the 90 or 92's. Actually an LS6 would suit me fine. Just the prices they fetch has me looking at the fast 78 mm. Thats all.

Just my wifes car that I tinker with.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Nope nope. Not interested in the 90 or 92's. Actually an LS6 would suit me fine. Just the prices they fetch has me looking at the fast 78 mm. Thats all.

Just my wifes car that I tinker with.
    Ah, gotcha. How much you finding the 78mm's for. I havnt ever searched for a 78.

I would probably go with the LS6 depending on the 78 price.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Ya I've been looking around for a while. There is a fast 78 on ebay right now at $450.

I can buy a brand new LS6 intake with all the coolant lines and block offs, gaskets etc....that I need to install it for $550.

Shucks when you look at these used LS6 intakes over $300 that come with nothing,,,,,,and then considering I have to hunt down coolant lines, gaskets etc...and pay more shipping and tax on top of that which will be well over $100,,,,those new LS6 intakes start looking pretty good.
    I think that it would cost alot less than $250 to get gaskets, and coolant lines. But hey ill tell you what i'll go buy that stuff and then sell you my LS6 intake for $500 shipped with those parts. how about that? i prefer paypal!

Ah, gotcha. How much you finding the 78mm's for. I havnt ever searched for a 78.

I would probably go with the LS6 depending on the 78 price.
    Well new they are outta reach,,,around $700 and up,,,but there is a new one on ebay right now thats at $450, was used as display only. Probably go higher but still,,,,it's not much more than a used LS6. Otherwise it'll be the LS6 for me,,,probably a new one.

Just had me thinking. I'm not looking to set the world on fire with our 4th gens, just tinkering, fun drivers that go to the track once in a while. I have a chevelle I spend most of the money on that satisfies my needs.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

saves ya $50

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    I think that it would cost alot less than $250 to get gaskets, and coolant lines. But hey ill tell you what i'll go buy that stuff and then sell you my LS6 intake for $500 shipped with those parts. how about that? i prefer paypal!
    You missed my point. The coolant lines and block off alone set you back close to $80,,,,then gaskets are another $20-30

If you simply just say $100 to make things easy, and add that to a used LS6 that fetches $300-350 You are at $450 or more depending on shipping, taxes etc....

I don't know about you but when used prices start getting that close to a new price,,,,I just go for the new stuff. Just makes logical sense to me.

Eh,,,$450 verses $550,,,,,shopping all over town to gather parts (some used) verses one stop shopping for everything brand new,,,,,thats a no brainer for an extra $100 and time saved.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 02-10-2009 at 02:50 PM.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

You missed my point. The coolant lines and block off alone set you back close to $80,,,,then gaskets are another $20-30

If you simply just say $100 to make things easy, and add that to a used LS6 that fetches $300-350 You are at $450 or more depending on shipping, taxes etc....

I don't know about you but when used prices start getting that close to a new price,,,,I just go for the new stuff. Just makes logical sense to me.
    I do understand your point. However, we arent talking about a part of the car that really "wears" out. if it was a water pump, tires, window motor, no way would i buy used. We are talking about something that is made to have air flow through it. But to each their own, i would rather spend that extra $100 some place else.
    Last edited by Dr.Crash; 02-10-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Another nice thing about used is that there is no tax.

I do understand your point. However, we arent talking about a part of the car that really "wears" out. if it was a water pump, tires, window motor, no way would i buy used. We are talking about something that is made to have air flow through it. But to each their own, i would rather spend that extra $100 some place else.
    It's not just about what wears out and what doesn't. There are alot of things I take into consideration like,,,,who are you buying from??? Are they worthy??? Is the part what they say it is??? We are looking at a used part that is fetching 80-85% of what the new one costs. How is that hard to comprehend???

Then there is the whole thing of time and effort looking for all the little shit you need to install it. More ordering, more tax, more shipping, more waiting, etc....

I don't expect you to understand. Most young people don't take these things into consideration and look at the big picture.
    When you are spending $450 then whats another $100 that saves you all the unkowns of buying used and headaches of shopping around for little parts

Another nice thing about used is that there is no tax.
    There is tax on the parts you need to install it though. Used intakes that I've seen don't come with that stuff, it's all an added expense that in the end,,,,is getting you close to a new setup with everything you need.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

It's not just about what wears out and what doesn't. There are alot of things I take into consideration like,,,,who are you buying from??? Are they worthy??? Is the part what they say it is??? We are looking at a used part that is fetching 80-85% of what the new one costs. How is that hard to comprehend???

Then there is the whole thing of time and effort looking for all the little shit you need to install it. More ordering, more tax, more shipping, more waiting, etc....

I don't expect you to understand. Most young people don't take these things into consideration and look at the big picture.
    When you are spending $450 then whats another $100 that saves you all the unkowns of buying used and headaches of shopping around for little parts

So just because i have a certain view point, i am young? And maybe if you could READ, you would have noticed that i said i do understand where you are coming from!!! I guess along with not having an age limit on this site, they also dont require you to be mature. Also if you really are that old, than you should understand the VALUE of a $1, or $100. There have been plenty of people on this site that have bought used and never had a problem, and yes im sure that some have. Ya know the thing about ebay is that someone can tell you all day long that they have a "new" part, but how can you trust them. Same thing if you ask me. Owell i guess some people just like to throw their money away. Good Luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information