black with silver stripes
    2001 trans am ws6

fast intake issues

so i just installed my fast 102 a week ago,had the car tuned,a few hours after i got the car back from the tuner it started attempting to stall and sometimes stall when i would come to a stop and/or let off the gas,ive researched this and tried everything ive read to check for leaks and so forth,im almost positive there are no leaks,everything is hooked up correctly,ect.,this issue is sometimes random,it might try to stall at every stop at one point in the day and later the same day it may not give me any problems,im stumped,is there anything else to check before it goes back to the tuner??

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

did you upgrade the fuel pump & injectors as well?

2001 trans am ws6

No still stock injectors and pump, but I don't think that's causing any problems, the car has plenty of power and runs fine while cruising or wot, it's only when I let off the gas and/or apply the brakes that its having an issue, it tries to and sometimes does stall, I've checked everything I know to check and it all seems fine so it may be something in the tune that needs adjusting

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDON View Post
    No still stock injectors and pump, but I don't think that's causing any problems, the car has plenty of power and runs fine while cruising or wot, it's only when I let off the gas and/or apply the brakes that its having an issue, it tries to and sometimes does stall, I've checked everything I know to check and it all seems fine so it may be something in the tune that needs adjusting
    Is the IAC valve clean?

Is the throttle body adjusting screw set properly?

Could you have over tightened the manifold and caused a crack?

2001 trans am ws6

I've cleaned all the sensors including the maf, my tuner did all the tb screw adjusting and I sure hope the intake is not cracked, I didn't over tighten it or anything plus I sprayed maf cleaner all over it while running to see if it caught a leak but it didn't ,so I don't think that's the case, ive even taken the intake off and checked it over one more time,I've replaced my pcv assembly, made sure there are no vacuum leaks, map sensor leaks, etc, so I don't think it's a leaking issue ,the only thing I know that's left is an adjustment needed somewhere or something else that my tuner will have to address with his lap top, he uses efi live, thanks for the ideas hopefully I haven't overlooked anything..

red
    2000 trans am

I installed my fast 92/92 last week and my car was stalling with the ac on one thing I over looked was that the iac was bad , it didnt have a gasket and I had to reset my tps try that

2001 trans am ws6

I redone my pcv lines and its not nearly as bad, not saying that was the problem but since then the stalling is random now, it might stall on me once or twice a week now instead of every time I stop, I think my tuner set my idle a hair too low , he said he had lowered it but other than a random stall here and there its been running good since the pcv fix

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

If everything else looks good it's in the tune....sounds like it's not getting enough air. This is why guys used to drill holes in the TB blade. Too many lazy tuners out there that just want to take your money, give you a WOT tune and send you on your way. Tell that lazy f'er to street tune it for driveability and get it right this time.
    Last edited by BrntWS6; 05-26-2013 at 04:00 PM.

2001 trans am ws6

I don't think it's because he was lazy or anything, he is a well known tuner in the area and he's tuned my car before a few times with no problems, he even hooked his laptop up and watched everything When we took it for a test drive when I picked it up of course it didn't stall then, but I agree that its something in the tune maybe needs adjustment, but it's only random now

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I wonder if it's suffocating as well. Are there holes in the TB blade? Does the blade completely seal air off when at idle?

Thread Information