Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 88

fast intake

This is a discussion on fast intake within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 99ss most of the guys here already have spray the vets and one camaro do the rest ...

  1. #61
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 99ss View Post
    most of the guys here already have spray the vets and one camaro do the rest dont want it i just dont want to blow my block up with it or spend 6 grand on a s/c or p/c but i would be willing to buy a engine foe 7 or 8 grand because mine has 134xxx on it dont no how long it wil last befor i have to start buy things for it any way
    Umm yeah, I would not put any more money into a car with 134k miles, just to many things that could go wrong. Check out TSP, a brand new LS2 block starts out at $1200
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

    Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

  2. #62
    2000 SS roblelp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    55
    Posts
    51

    Navy Blue
    2000 SS

    I need some advice on DOT Street Radials Drag Tires. My question is what is the biggest tire I can out on my 2000 Camaro? What is a good tire? What rim do I need? I donít want to grind down my calipers like I seen some do.

  3. #63
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    What size did u have in mind?

  4. #64
    PONYTAMER 99ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tulsa OK
    Age
    26
    Posts
    267

    White
    1999 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Umm yeah, I would not put any more money into a car with 134k miles, just to many things that could go wrong. Check out TSP, a brand new LS2 block starts out at $1200
    i was looking at the 402/408 stroker

  5. #65
    PONYTAMER 99ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tulsa OK
    Age
    26
    Posts
    267

    White
    1999 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by roblelp View Post
    I need some advice on DOT Street Radials Drag Tires. My question is what is the biggest tire I can out on my 2000 Camaro? What is a good tire? What rim do I need? I donít want to grind down my calipers like I seen some do.

  6. #66
    2000 SS roblelp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    55
    Posts
    51

    Navy Blue
    2000 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    What size did u have in mind?
    That's just it not sure what will fit I want the biggest that will fit.

  7. #67
    2000 SS roblelp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    55
    Posts
    51

    Navy Blue
    2000 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 99ss View Post
    No I wasn't jacked

  8. #68
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by roblelp View Post
    No I wasn't jacked
    no you thread jacked this thread...as in posted a unrelated topic in a thread not your own.

    create a new thread in the wheels/suspension section to get more answers

  9. #69
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 99ss View Post
    i was looking at the 402/408 stroker
    Talk to Mr. Luos. He's got the TSP 402.

  10. #70
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by roblelp View Post
    I need some advice on DOT Street Radials Drag Tires. My question is what is the biggest tire I can out on my 2000 Camaro? What is a good tire? What rim do I need? I donít want to grind down my calipers like I seen some do.
    Anything more than 315's and I think you might need spacers.

  11. #71
    PONYTAMER 99ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tulsa OK
    Age
    26
    Posts
    267

    White
    1999 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Talk to Mr. Luos. He's got the TSP 402.
    the only reason i would want something like the 402 or 6.0 is i can use stage 3 heads an make power a little easier plus could really clean up my engine bay

  12. #72
    PONYTAMER 99ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tulsa OK
    Age
    26
    Posts
    267

    White
    1999 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    no you thread jacked this thread...as in posted a unrelated topic in a thread not your own.

    create a new thread in the wheels/suspension section to get more answers

  13. #73
    PONYTAMER 99ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tulsa OK
    Age
    26
    Posts
    267

    White
    1999 Camaro SS

    i think my best bet right now is to let it sit and clean it up and do everything i want to the inside and clean it up and under neath it and save for a new block or really good heads and then a block wish i could win the lottery and just throw a ls9 in there and get a ws6 haha

  14. #74
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    A high mileage motor really changes the perspective of things. Wasn't aware of that before.
    In that case I'd start looking at crate motors as suggested. Although swapping in the LQ motors with more cubes from Texas Speed and the like would be nice. Those aren't simple swaps. They require wiring harness extensions for sensors that have been moved to different locations, fuel system upgrades, and it just goes on and on. It starts adding up quickly.
    It's a great idea for a weekend toy. But for what HP level you want to accomplish you really don't need a stroker.

    I didn't go back and read the whole thread again, but aren't we talking about a daily driver??

  15. #75
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 99ss View Post
    i think my best bet right now is to let it sit and clean it up and do everything i want to the inside and clean it up and under neath it and save for a new block or really good heads and then a block wish i could win the lottery and just throw a ls9 in there and get a ws6 haha
    Wanna hear a funny story?

    I found a dollar on the floor and went to buy a lotto ticket with it. I bought the mega millions which comes out on tuesday and friday. On Wed morning when I checked my ticket I didnt even get one number. But on Friday, EVERY SINGLE number came out that I had on Tuesday. Was worth 88 million, I felt depressed for a week and wanted to kill myself.

  16. #76
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    A high mileage motor really changes the perspective of things. Wasn't aware of that before.
    In that case I'd start looking at crate motors as suggested. Although swapping in the LQ motors with more cubes from Texas Speed and the like would be nice. Those aren't simple swaps. They require wiring harness extensions for sensors that have been moved to different locations, fuel system upgrades, and it just goes on and on. It starts adding up quickly.
    It's a great idea for a weekend toy. But for what HP level you want to accomplish you really don't need a stroker.

    I didn't go back and read the whole thread again, but aren't we talking about a daily driver??
    Either way you look at it, he's still gonna be paying a packet for what he wants. Sure the stroker will initially cost more, but over time it ends up working out the same. Once he reaches 450hp, he will most likley want more. There is no way he can make more power w/o going FI. That being said, if he bought a stroker and a forged rotating assembly, he could spray all he wants to and not worry about the bottom end blowing up. He could actually buy a procharger and not worry when he ups the boost. Almost anything he needs for the stroker/new motor (injectors,heads,cam,intake etc...) he will most likley need right now. If he spends a few thousand more, he will def benefit from the extra cubes, and the possibilities are endless after that.

  17. #77
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Either way you look at it, he's still gonna be paying a packet for what he wants. Sure the stroker will initially cost more, but over time it ends up working out the same. Once he reaches 450hp, he will most likley want more. There is no way he can make more power w/o going FI. That being said, if he bought a stroker and a forged rotating assembly, he could spray all he wants to and not worry about the bottom end blowing up. He could actually buy a procharger and not worry when he ups the boost. Almost anything he needs for the stroker/new motor (injectors,heads,cam,intake etc...) he will most likley need right now. If he spends a few thousand more, he will def benefit from the extra cubes, and the possibilities are endless after that.
    It really depends on what he honestly wants and/or does with the car. It's a sickness. When it gets that far out of control, then another daily driver is needed.

    As far as stuff needed right now,,,I was thinking along the lines of using what he already has. His HP goal is small, and could be accomplished with an LS6 crate engine, stab a cam in it and call it done. Everything else transfers over just fine. Simple swap, nothing custom. Easy to make 400+ rwhp with an LS6 and a decent cam.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 07-20-2010 at 12:34 PM.

  18. #78
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    It really depends on what he honestly wants and/or does with the car. It's a sickness. When it gets that far out of control, then another daily driver is needed.

    As far as stuff needed right now,,,I was thinking along the lines of using what he already has. His HP goal is small, and could be accomplished with an LS6 crate engine, stab a cam in it and call it done. Everything else transfers over just fine. Simple swap, nothing custom. Easy to make 400+ rwhp with an LS6 and a decent cam.
    Agreed. The mod bug is highley contageous and doesnt have a cure. I had it, then sold my car. Hurts me everyday, but the $ I got from it I invested and made a nice profit. Im more concerned about making more money right now, and not throwing it into cars.

  19. #79
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Agreed. The mod bug is highley contageous and doesnt have a cure. I had it, then sold my car. Hurts me everyday, but the $ I got from it I invested and made a nice profit. Im more concerned about making more money right now, and not throwing it into cars.
    I here ya. It's not cheap to do and it never seems to be enough.

  20. #80
    PONYTAMER 99ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tulsa OK
    Age
    26
    Posts
    267

    White
    1999 Camaro SS

    yeah i dont really know what im going to do because i got to get a house soon to and dont wan to have to sell the car after im done haha it would be a shame so for now i think a decent set of heads and intake with a k member will be just fine and just some paint and cleaning under the hood then get the other crap like the rear end and sfc lower and uper control arms and start adding power

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fast Intake & N20 Kit..
    By Click-6 in forum Western Members
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 08:56 AM
  2. FAST 90 Intake
    By Whiteboycntdnce in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 10:13 AM
  3. Wanted: LS6 Intake or Fast 90/90
    By chieftransam in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 09:06 PM
  4. FAST 90 mm Intake !
    By chiws6 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 06:22 PM
  5. LS6 intake or FAST 78mm intake
    By SSwt00SS in forum External Engine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 01:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •