Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Fast 92mm

This is a discussion on Fast 92mm within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have a 99 TA which is stock. The Intake has a leak which I have heard is common. Since ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    dekalb, IL
    Age
    49
    Posts
    9

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    Fast 92mm

    I have a 99 TA which is stock. The Intake has a leak which I have heard is common. Since I have to take if off I was going to upgrade to a Fast 92mm. After looking at a couple of sites I am confused as to what it requires. Just the intake and a 92mm TB or do I need the fuel rail kit? Also will the SLP air box kit fit over the 92mm TB? I have to get that as well.

    I also want to change my exhaust and put long tube headers and a new complete exhaust. I am not going to go to a dual exhaust. I need it some what quite and I drive it daily so I don't want ground clearance issues. Is a 3" pipe better or 2.5". I have looked at SLP site and they only show the headers and the y pipe. Is there a complete system out there?

    Next year I will do a head and cam swap. This year is the intake and exhaust.

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    If you have the money, go with the FAST. You will need a 92mm TB of your choice. Nick Williams, PTM, and FAST are all common. The stock fuel rail will work fine, you do not need to buy the FAST fuel rails. They do look good though. The piping going to the the TB from the lid will work, but its tight. I have to fight mine to go on everytime I take it off. When looking at exhaust products, stop typing in SLP into the internet search. You said you wanted ground clearance? Dont do SLP headers. There is a huge aftermarket for headers ranging from a few hundred bucks to 1000 bucks. Pacesetters are a good cheap headers that many go with. Kooks, ARH, SW, are top of the line and will not rust on you. Get a off road y-pipe and a catback of your choice. Again staying away from SLP. Maganflow sounds great, I personally like my Spin Tech.
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

    Build in progress...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    dekalb, IL
    Age
    49
    Posts
    9

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    Thank you

  4. #4
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    If you have the money, go with the FAST. You will need a 92mm TB of your choice. Nick Williams, PTM, and FAST are all common. The stock fuel rail will work fine, you do not need to buy the FAST fuel rails. They do look good though. The piping going to the the TB from the lid will work, but its tight. I have to fight mine to go on everytime I take it off. When looking at exhaust products, stop typing in SLP into the internet search. You said you wanted ground clearance? Dont do SLP headers. There is a huge aftermarket for headers ranging from a few hundred bucks to 1000 bucks. Pacesetters are a good cheap headers that many go with. Kooks, ARH, SW, are top of the line and will not rust on you. Get a off road y-pipe and a catback of your choice. Again staying away from SLP. Maganflow sounds great, I personally like my Spin Tech.
    Best advice EVER

  5. #5
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    you forgot qtp bish

  6. #6
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you forgot qtp bish

  7. #7
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    If you are going heads/cam later on, i would upgrade your fuel rails while your at it, but there are cheaper versions of the same thing than the fast setup....

  8. #8
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    If you are going heads/cam later on, i would upgrade your fuel rails while your at it, but there are cheaper versions of the same thing than the fast setup....
    Speed Inc's budget rails and crossover kit.

  9. #9
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Speed Inc's budget rails and crossover kit.
    Im totally sold on that kit.

  10. #10
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Im totally sold on that kit.
    I love mine...looks freaking sweet...I can't wait till I get it on my car.

  11. #11
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Speed Inc's budget rails and crossover kit.
    lol that was exactly what i had in mind, but figgured id let him shop some...

  12. #12
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I love mine...looks freaking sweet...I can't wait till I get it on my car.
    Well I just ordered my Red Elite catch can from Mark. I should just go ahead and buy these and get it over with! Did you just order the Complete Kit? You said the guage does not come with it? Just the two rails, the crossover and fittings?

  13. #13
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Well I just ordered my Red Elite catch can from Mark. I should just go ahead and buy these and get it over with! Did you just order the Complete Kit? You said the guage does not come with it? Just the two rails, the crossover and fittings?
    Yeah, I ordered the complete kit...it comes with the rails, the crossover, the fittings and the line/fitting that connects your stock rubber hose to the rails. It does not come with the gauge. I order the guage from Speed Inc and waited till the kit came, looked at the instructions to get the fitting size, then order a guage adapter from Summit.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    dekalb, IL
    Age
    49
    Posts
    9

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    Thank you for your help.

  15. #15
    Member marksls1ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    pikeville, kentucky
    Posts
    701

    black
    1998 trans am

    let me know if i can be of any help on the intake, rail, exhaust.

    thanks, Mark
    www.kyspeed.com

    KYSpeed.com | FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING | PRICE MATCH | EMAIL

    Kook's | American Racing Headers | Vararam | HallTech | Textralia | SPEC | McLeod | Raptor | Trick Flow | AFR | ECS
    | FAST | APS | TTi | Procharger | RPM Transmission | Comp | DMH | HP Tuners | PFADT | SLP | STS

  16. #16
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    I would hit up mark original poster!!!

    Another question is how did you deduce that the intake is leaking?(for future dianosis purposes )

  17. #17
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    I would hit up mark original poster!!!

    Another question is how did you deduce that the intake is leaking?(for future dianosis purposes )
    I'm gonna guess..... noticeable enough to be heard/felt, or presurised air into the intake with soapy water..... like tires basically

  18. #18
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I'm gonna guess..... noticeable enough to be heard/felt, or presurised air into the intake with soapy water..... like tires basically
    Water into the intake wouldnt be a good idea wade ... LOL


    Im guessing carbcleaner till it changed idle.. but IDK...

  19. #19
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Water into the intake wouldnt be a good idea wade ... LOL


    Im guessing carbcleaner till it changed idle.. but IDK...
    ya i know all about that

  20. #20
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    ya i know all about that
    Yup so does about 5 or 6 other people on this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FAST 92mm TB Coupler
    By VinnieV02TA in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 05:34 PM
  2. Fast 92mm
    By jesseheel in forum External Engine
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 07:09 AM
  3. FAST 92MM setup
    By Dr.Crash in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 10:59 PM
  4. Question: FAst 92mm on a 98 Z28?
    By BJDahlke in forum General Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 03:09 PM
  5. Fast 92mm Intake and TB
    By WS6ICK in forum External Engine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 06:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •