Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Factory hurst shifter & regular shifter?

This is a discussion on Factory hurst shifter & regular shifter? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Bouvers well was the hurst shifter an option but standard on all ws6/ss ? No it was ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by Bouvers View Post
    well was the hurst shifter an option but standard on all ws6/ss ?
    No it was optional on any 6spd equipped car. It's just that most people ordered their WS6/SS's with it.
    Also The Hurst option was NOT available in 1998.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by iam_dale View Post
    I haven't driven any other T/As except mine, and it has the hurst. I have driven my old man's 04 C5 though. The through on my Hurst compared to his stock/non-Hurst is about the same. The only real difference I can see between them is when it's in gear, dad's vette still has some play, where as my Husrt is solid.

dale
    My Hurst has a little bit of play to it when in gear

Quote Originally Posted by Bouvers View Post
    well was the hurst shifter an option but standard on all ws6/ss ?

is there any shorter shifters out there that you can put the factory Hurst knob on to?

I bought the short stick from WS6Store.com and my Hurst knob screwed in just fine. Most of the after market shifters will accept the knob. If not get a shorter stick anyway. Im not sure what length sticks all the different after-market shifters have.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

My WS6 has the Hurst, I've always wondered what the difference is. I like my shifter. I have obviously not tried any with the stock shifter. I want to do other mods before I consider changing the shifter.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I put in a hurst competetion plus or whatever it was called today and i kept using the UMI short stick and it works perfect, very well. I love it.

300RWHP, 341RWTQ
    1/8 mile 8.32 at 83.97
    1/4 mile 13.049 at 105.24

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Hard to tell in the picture, but I have the Hurst Competition Plus with the Lou's Short Stick in my SS. It's nice and short, barely out of the console and I have nice short, crisp shifts............................

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Hard to tell in the picture, but I have the Hurst Competition Plus with the Lou's Short Stick in my SS. It's nice and short, barely out of the console and I have nice short, crisp shifts............................

Click for full size
    LOL,,,damn thats a stub,,,I think I'd be banging my hand and/or elbow on the console trying to hang gears with that.

I had the Hurst billet plus in my wifes previous 6 speed,,,but neither of us liked it much,,,the stick was longer than even the factory shifter we took out. But I had trouble with 3rd gear all the time with that shifter,,,,never missed it with the stock shifter so the stocker went back in,,,shortly after the car was totalled.
    Replaced that car with another 6 speed SS,,,,and it came with the factory Hurst shifter,,,,very nice shifter,,,shorter stick than the Hurst billet I have but has the feel of a factory shifter,,,not very notchy but precise at the same time. A good mix. Wife likes it as well so it will stay in the car while the Hurst Billet plus collects dust on the shelf,,,lol.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Your wife drives a 6 speed?
    Lucky SOB

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Your wife drives a 6 speed?
    Lucky SOB
    LOL ya she was driving sticks before I met her. She actually prefers them over the slush boxes.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    LOL ya she was driving sticks before I met her. She actually prefers them over the slush boxes.
    Nice. My wife was too, but she prefers AT cars usually. When she drives Too Fast, with me in it, man she won't upshift enough lol. When we met she was driving a crappy 4-cyl Mustang manual, it would stall a lot and reverse went away later. Must have been all that power that engine made! So she got in the habit of not upshifting much, to help the engine. She had no regrets when that car died.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That must be nice.
    Just today this chick thats actually kinda cute messaged me on myspace and drives a 5 speed mustang and likes to race and build up her own car.
    I think I fell in love.

OMGls1jz
    so the hurst short shifter that came as an option isn't the real aftermarket one? my car came with a hurst short shifter, how can i tell if its the aftermarket one or the one that was offered as an option? is the aftermarket hurst short throw shorter than the one offered as an option? i'm also looking to get a short stick, how much shorter would the short stick make my hurst shifter and how much are they usually?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information