Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

F.A.S.T. Intake

This is a discussion on F.A.S.T. Intake within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; sorry I didn't see you bought them until after I posted. It sounds good but it needs to be toned ...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

sorry I didn't see you bought them until after I posted. It sounds good but it needs to be toned down, his exhaust is louder than my duals and my exhaust goes straight through. Duals can be done for plenty cheap and at the power your at they will make a difference in your overall power output. Since you already bought them enjoy them I still would recomend something to tone them down a bit. I took a vid of his exhaust but the bugger did not get on it so i'll see if I can find a decent video.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

heres some idea, your car is going to be a beast

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    sorry I didn't see you bought them until after I posted. It sounds good but it needs to be toned down, his exhaust is louder than my duals and my exhaust goes straight through. Duals can be done for plenty cheap and at the power your at they will make a difference in your overall power output. Since you already bought them enjoy them I still would recomend something to tone them down a bit. I took a vid of his exhaust but the bugger did not get on it so i'll see if I can find a decent video.

what could i do to tone them down?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Cats, or some cone inserts drive it around first and see if you like it, I just ordered mine and the guy said staring this year they will no longer be able to sell them to people in Calif. don't know how much truth there is to that so we'll see always ways around it anyway.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Cats, or some cone inserts drive it around first and see if you like it, I just ordered mine and the guy said staring this year they will no longer be able to sell them to people in Calif. don't know how much truth there is to that so we'll see always ways around it anyway.
    so does that mean we wont get ours?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    so does that mean we wont get ours?
    if you already placed your order you should be fine.....or, worse comes to worse just have it shipped to a friend or family out of state then have them ship it to you

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    i ordered my GMMG last night. i cant wait for it to get here!
    i ordered the oval tips with mine but never put them on, didnt like them. i have corsa tips on my gmmg, get lots of complements.

Gmmg is going to be way to loud with headers, Aj a local has just bolt-ons with it and it's raspy have you considered duals?
    i dont have my headers on yet, but i have heard mixed opinions about it being raspy with headers, never heard it in person though. but if you want to quiet it down ive seen people run a borla xr-1 after the ory. works like a resinator. and that would be cheaper than buying hiflow cats.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

The xr-1 will run you at about $130, and magnaflow 3" cats will run you $169 afterall is said and done. I am getting cats for toning down my exhaust and getting rid of the smell, I have gotten to many I dare youo looks from cops here in Cali.

I already got my cats they arrived on the 29th just going to get a befoe vid before I install them.

hey mpfranks did you check out the youtube links I posted? This last cruise I went on I was behind someone with the LT's and gmmg and he's louder than me, my car on cold startup's has set off car alarms that aint right
    Last edited by c5z28; 01-01-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

heres one i found on GMMG web site

http://www.gmmginc.net/media/Video/ChamberedExhaust.php

Stock
    2002 Camaro

as long as they are not as loud as they used to be!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

damn is that when you first put in your headers?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

no i've had my headers in for a long time (thats why i have SLP headers..... i was not as smart in my younger years ) That was about two moths ago when i did my 6 Piston baer brake set-up and the Alston Coil-over kit. i figured since i had it apart i would pull off the cats. kind of a long story but i ended up having a piece of my cat come out through my muffler. so i just pulled them off. i just went down to the local muffler shop and had them cut me two pieces of 3inch pipe. i have a cut out but now with no cats i cant open it. as you can tell way to loud! but that was straight out of the headers.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

The xr-1 will run you at about $130, and magnaflow 3" cats will run you $169 afterall is said and done. I am getting cats for toning down my exhaust and getting rid of the smell, I have gotten to many I dare youo looks from cops here in Cali.

I already got my cats they arrived on the 29th just going to get a befoe vid before I install them.

hey mpfranks did you check out the youtube links I posted? This last cruise I went on I was behind someone with the LT's and gmmg and he's louder than me, my car on cold startup's has set off car alarms that aint right
    what exhaust are you running now?

Arctic White
    1999 WS.6 Trans Am

if your looking at buying a FAST... this is the best deal I've ever seen...

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/sponso...days-only.html

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    bolt-on only, headers to magnaflow bullets, 2.5" under axle
    heres a clip before it went under the axle

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    im just running the stock power flow dual dual's. i dont really like the sound to much. Plus i've heard that stuff is pretty restrictive

Stock
    2002 Camaro

bolt-on only, headers to magnaflow bullets, 2.5" under axle
    heres a clip before it went under the axle
    Click for full size

See that sounds ALOT better than mine does. where did you get your car tuned/dynoed? kinda looks like a shop i went to back in the day. i think his name was chris or nick? its been to long
    Last edited by Dr.Crash; 01-02-2009 at 09:33 AM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

It was Nick at Newtech performance in Hayward. Where your at I heard forcefed is the place to go. The shit is I have heard negative things from every tuner around here, I can't seperate shit talk from the the truth. One guy said Nick can't tune example being an auto doing a burnout then dieing afterwards since the injectors flood the motor. A guy from fairfield took his car to forcefed said the guy killed his clutch trying to dyno it. Maybe we are surrounded by shitty tuners but everyones negativity would have me worried since your car is going to have a cam in it. You might ask around norcal-lsx.com to get as much info as possible.

and yeah duals are awesome

Stock
    2002 Camaro

It was Nick at Newtech performance in Hayward. Where your at I heard forcefed is the place to go. The shit is I have heard negative things from every tuner around here, I can't seperate shit talk from the the truth. One guy said Nick can't tune example being an auto doing a burnout then dieing afterwards since the injectors flood the motor. A guy from fairfield took his car to forcefed said the guy killed his clutch trying to dyno it. Maybe we are surrounded by shitty tuners but everyones negativity would have me worried since your car is going to have a cam in it. You might ask around norcal-lsx.com to get as much info as possible.

and yeah duals are awesome
    ya I had him tune my car about 3 years ago. He ended up getting me less power then i had before i got there! dont ask me how. and he also forgot to turn my o2 sensors off and the skip shift. he was a nice guy but not to sure about his work. see i have heard the same thing about forcefed. but it must be that all of the tuner (atleast the ones i have met) talk crap about each other. Keith at forcefed did my tune and it turned out ok. i had a few idle problems at first so i took it back to him and he re-dynoed it, now no problems. ill prob take it back to him when i get my FAST set-up.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

crap so we are surrounded by shitty tuners, when do you expect everything to be in?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information