Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

F.A.S.T. Intake

This is a discussion on F.A.S.T. Intake within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; well is 750.00 shipped for a brand new FAST 92mm Intake and 350.00 shipped for a 92mm TB a good ...

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

well is 750.00 shipped for a brand new FAST 92mm Intake and 350.00 shipped for a 92mm TB a good Price?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    well is 750.00 shipped for a brand new FAST 92mm Intake and 350.00 shipped for a 92mm TB a good Price?
    checkout Shainers (i think thats how its spelled) for the TB, great quality and lower price

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Thats what I paid. I got me the black powdered coat for free cause they didnt have any polished left in stock.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Thats what I paid. I got me the black powdered coat for free cause they didnt have any polished left in stock.
    Where did you get it from? your is the 90mm right?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Where did you get it from? your is the 90mm right?
    Mine is the 92 mm. Basically the same thing.

I got mine from a non sponsor of this site and they frown upon it when I post it. I will PM you the place if you would like.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

My middle finger is covering up the "92mm" in my avatar

Stock
    2002 Camaro

My middle finger is covering up the "92mm" in my avatar
    haha, ya please send it to me. thanks!

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I got mine from a non sponsor of this site and they frown upon it when I post it. I will PM you the place if you would like.
    what kind of numbers did you get from the FAST set-up?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

what kind of numbers did you get from the FAST set-up?
    I never had it dino'ed or re-tuned after the install. The guy who has known my car that used to work for W2W that nows has his own shop wants 750 for a full tune and dino. Screw that for the FASt install.

With my 5.3 Lingenfelter ported head's and full exhuast.... and coming from a stock LS1 intake and TB....

I bet it was somewhere around 25 HP.

I didnt jump in the car and start freaking out because of the RAW horsepower increase, Instead just noticed a very nice HP increase THROUGHOUT the RPM band. Especially in the upper RPMS. Its a good intake man, theres no doubt about that. Its all about how much money you are willing to shell out to go fast. Also, what your long term plans are for your car. In the next years coming, the car will have 402+ ci... and this intake will last me forever unless I go with some ported L92 heads.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I noticed that that kit does not have the FAST TB. how is the one that is supplied? good quality?

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

On that note, what cat back system would you guys suggest? I really like the sound of the GMMG. But I haven't heard anything numbers wise about them. Thanks again.
    GMMG all the way. i have it, love it, totally worth every penny. with everything else youve put into your car, do you really wanna skimp on something like the sound? its the symphony of everything youve put together. and im not bashing the magnaflow, its a great exhaust too, but the GMMG has a unique sound that is unlike any other.

also, something to think about, if your willing to spend almost a grand, you could always look into suspension upgrades, not sure if you have any done. this will help your track times greatly. i guess its just whether you want hp or times. even another 25hp wont increase your times if your car cant put it to the track.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    GMMG all the way. i have it, love it, totally worth every penny. with everything else youve put into your car, do you really wanna skimp on something like the sound? its the symphony of everything youve put together. and im not bashing the magnaflow, its a great exhaust too, but the GMMG has a unique sound that is unlike any other.

also, something to think about, if your willing to spend almost a grand, you could always look into suspension upgrades, not sure if you have any done. this will help your track times greatly. i guess its just whether you want hp or times. even another 25hp wont increase your times if your car cant put it to the track.

ooooooo Ya, i've done all BMR Tubular (LCA's, Panhard Rod, Torque arm, Tranny crossmember, K-member and both upper and lower A-arms) i have also done new motor and tranny mounts from prothane, new front Coil-over conversion kit from alston eng. (vari shocks with 600lbs springs) for that nice lowered look, and i just ordered UMI 3point SFC's because BMR has a crappy SFC set up. plus the UMI's have less ground clearance issues. i am also waiting to get the rear coil-over conversion kit because it is still in the design process. But the nice thing is that my car is a 1LE car so i already have double adjustable Koni in the rear. i made sure i did all of that before my H/C. whats the point of having the power if you cant get it to the ground?!? But i do agree there is no better sound then GMMG and im just gunna bite the bullet and fork out the money (like i havent done enough of that already) we really are crazy about our cars thanks for all the input
    Last edited by Dr.Crash; 12-31-2008 at 10:30 AM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I noticed that that kit does not have the FAST TB. how is the one that is supplied? good quality?
    PTM and Nick Williams are both awesome pieces. You cant go wrong with either. I have the PTM and have zero problems.

I did here they fixed the "sticking" issue with the FAST 92 TB though.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

ooooooo Ya, i've done all BMR Tubular (LCA's, Panhard Rod, Torque arm, Tranny crossmember, K-member and both upper and lower A-arms) i have also done new motor and tranny mounts from prothane, new front Coil-over conversion kit from alston eng. (vari shocks with 600lbs springs) for that nice lowered look, and i just ordered UMI 3point SFC's because BMR has a crappy SFC set up. plus the UMI's have less ground clearance issues. i am also waiting to get the rear coil-over conversion kit because it is still in the design process. But the nice thing is that my car is a 1LE car so i already have double adjustable Koni in the rear. i made sure i did all of that before my H/C. whats the point of having the power if you cant get it to the ground?!? But i do agree there is no better sound then GMMG and im just gunna bite the bullet and fork out the money (like i havent done enough of that already) we really are crazy about our cars thanks for all the input
    lol, well maybe you should change your profile where it says some suspension

but yeah, i dont think youll ever look back and wish youd have saved some money and went with a different exhaust. (for the sake of money) again magnaflow is a good exhaust too, its just different strokes for different folks.

but i agree, do it right the first time.

oh, and you need to post some pics of your set up, sounds nice man

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

but yeah, i dont think youll ever look back and wish youd have saved some money and went with a different exhaust. (for the sake of money) again magnaflow is a good exhaust too, its just different strokes for different folks.

IMO, if you want to spend some money on exh. do like i did, and leave the stock catback and put on a ORY with dual e-cutuots..... quiet or LOUD...

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    IMO, if you want to spend some money on exh. do like i did, and leave the stock catback and put on a ORY with dual e-cutuots..... quiet or LOUD...
    i drove for a while straight outta the headers. as good as it sounded, it atracts cops like flys to $h!t. so i think that the GMMG with no cats will be loud enough but quite enough if ya know what i mean.
    Last edited by Dr.Crash; 01-01-2009 at 12:40 PM.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

i ordered my GMMG last night. i cant wait for it to get here!

hugger orange

i ordered my GMMG last night. i cant wait for it to get here!
    my cam was shipped monday.......i cant wait to put in and port my heads next weekend!!!!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

On that note, what cat back system would you guys suggest? I really like the sound of the GMMG. But I haven't heard anything numbers wise about them. Thanks again.
    Gmmg is going to be way to loud with headers, Aj a local has just bolt-ons with it and it's raspy have you considered duals?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Gmmg is going to be way to loud with headers, Aj a local has just bolt-ons with it and it's raspy have you considered duals?
    so like true duals? is that what he has? i didnt know if there was any positive to true duals. atleast not for the money. ive already ordered it but what area is he in? ive never heard it anywhere but ls1sounds.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information